Rumored Disney movies in Development list

Tank Man

Original Poster
There is a long list of Disney movies over the years and this is a list I will be updating (randomly) on confirmed and rumored Disney movies coming so first let’s talk about the confirmed ones.
2020:
-Onward​
March 6th, 2020​
-Mulan (2019 remake)​
March 27th, 2020​
-Black Widow​
May 1st, 2020​
-Artemis Fowl (2019 adaptation)​
May 29th, 2020​
-Jungle Cruise (2019)​
July 24th, 2020​
-The One and Only Ivan (2019)​
August 14th, 2020​
-Eternals​
November 6th, 2020​
-Cruella (2019)​
December 23rd, 2020​
2021:
-Shang-Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings​
February 12th, 2021​
-Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness​
May 7th, 2021​
-Indiana Jones 5 [untitled]​
July 9th, 2021​
-Thor: Love and Thunder​
November 5th, 2021​
2022:
-Untitled Star Wars​
December 16th, 2022​
2024:
-Untitled Star Wars​
December 20th, 2024​
TBA:
-Black Panther 2​
-Blade (TBA)​
-Captain Marvel 2​
-X-Men (TBA)​
-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)​
-Fantastic Four (TBA)​
-Lilo and Stitch (remake TBA)​
-Pirates of the Caribbean 6 [untitled]/ Reboot​
-Tink/ Tinkerbell​
-The Little Mermaid (remake)​
-Soul (if I am correct)​
-Pinocchio (remake)​
And no I am not putting in the Avatar sequels.​
Now let’s discuss the rumored ones as the confirmed ones are out of the way. Now let’s dive into the rumors.
Tron 3[highly unlikely]​
Confirmed canceled in 2015 and rumors have sprung about it returning but I bet this won’t happen as Tron just does not feel good enough for Disney now. I may want a sequel but we ain’t getting one​
Zootopia 2[likely]​
Probably going to be announced at D23 later but currently a rumor. The directors have said they want to do one already and it did make a billion dollars so I expect one maybe around 2022/2023 maybe.​
The Jungle Book 2[highly likely]​
A sequel to the 2016 live action remake is probably going to happen and it is all but confirmed at this point now. Even the director said he wants to do it.​
Atlantis: The Lost Empire[unknown]​
Would you imagine a remake to the early 2000’s Disney flop Atlantis. I could and the movie has gotten a fan base and some people watch it now and is considered a classic by some. I don’t know if this is going to happen but that could explain the Fire Mountain project having a rumored return.​
Prince Charming[unknown]​
A Maleficent style remake starring Prince Charming. What the freak. I don’t understand why people think this but ok.​
A Bug’s Life 2[unlikely]​
A sequel to the second Pixar film made. Will it happen, I don’t think so. It could but I think most people have forgotten the movie of don’t care. A sequel could work but I think it has been to long (nearly two decades). But we can still get it.​
Inside Out 2[likely]​
Probably not for a while but a sequel could work. The movie did make a whole lot and can explore a lot more about stuff and maybe could feature the power of Imagination with Figment (JK). I do think one is likely but IDK.​
Incredibles 3[unknown]​
A sequel is probably happening but probably not for another half decade if they wanted. I feel like I2 was not that great and so I would not be excited for another but we shall see.​
Cars 4[unlikely]​
I think the Cars franchise is already over. I think Pixar is done and probably the rest of the world is. It will be cool but the series feels done.​
Aladdin 2[unknown]​
The remake just crossed a billion and this might be circulating in the company but probably not for a long time. I don’t know what they can explore in a sequel but we might see something but please no more Will Smith Genie.​
The Lion King 2[likely]​
The remake is making money quick and I assume they have plans for a sequel one day. I think they have a ton to explore but it might be like what they have done with the Jungle Book. We shall see but I think Jungle Book 2 would be first.​
Hercules[unknown]​
A remake to the Eisner humor movie, dunno. The movie was good/ok for me and Hades is still used in the parks but I don’t think a remake will do well unless they actually care about the movie. They should probably make it realistic but with some cartoony things so it feels like the OG but I think the OG does not need a remake.​
Princess Diaries 3[What???!!]​
Does anyone even remember this movie. I don’t. Probably to late and I have no thoughts.​
National Treasure 3[unknown/unlikely]​
Nice, I love the original but I think the company has moved on from those types of movies but if they put care into it, it could work. I would rather like to see a reboot but with a different story for this franchise.​
Monsters Inc. Sequel[likely]​
We got that prequel forever ago and a sequel could do some justice to Mike and Sully. But I think the sequel spot is taken by the D+ show, Monsters at Work. But I think one is likely as Pixar does wait a long time and work a long time on sequels.​
Bolt 2[unlikely]​
I love the movie but I think it did not do well enough for Disney to think on a sequel. It could happen but I don’t know if people will care.​
Planes 3[nope, highly unlikely]​
I don’t think the series called Planes needs a sequel as it was a weird/ dumb thing to do. The first was ok but the second was awful.​
Up 2[nope]​
Don’t want this and don’t need it. I think a show for D+ could work but a movie might not be needed at all.​
Avengers 5[unknown]​
A 5th Avengers will definitely make marvel fans go crazy but is it going to happen. Maybe it could be a Secret Wars or New Avengers but I would wait to Phase 5. Also we don’t know anything.​
Peter Pan[likely]​
Pretty sure it has not been announced yet. A remake of the original would be amazing but it will need lots of Pixie Dust if it were to actually get attention as I think a remake that captures the magic of the original will be amazing.​
Haunted Mansion[unknown]​
A weird idea to make a movie for a ride that has gotten a bad one. This rumor just started and I think could happen but after the Pirates 6 movie. I think Space Mountain has a better chance right now.​
Hunchback of Notre Dam[likely]​
Even though Notre Dam did burn down, it won’t stop Disney from making a remake of the flop hit in the 90’s. I think this could happen but how and why is my question.​
Do you know any other rumored Disney movies, tell me so I can update this list. Also do you agree with me on any of this stuff.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There is a long list of Disney movies over the years and this is a list I will be updating (randomly) on confirmed and rumored Disney movies coming so first let’s talk about the confirmed ones.
2020:
-Onward​
March 6th, 2020​
-Mulan (2019 remake)​
March 27th, 2020​
-Black Widow​
May 1st, 2020​
-Artemis Fowl (2019 adaptation)​
May 29th, 2020​
-Jungle Cruise (2019)​
July 24th, 2020​
-The One and Only Ivan (2019)​
August 14th, 2020​
-Eternals​
November 6th, 2020​
-Cruella (2019)​
December 23rd, 2020​
2021:
-Shang-Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings​
February 12th, 2021​
-Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness​
May 7th, 2021​
-Indiana Jones 5 [untitled]​
July 9th, 2021​
-Thor: Love and Thunder​
November 5th, 2021​
2022:
-Untitled Star Wars​
December 16th, 2022​
2024:
-Untitled Star Wars​
December 20th, 2024​
TBA:
-Black Panther 2​
-Blade (TBA)​
-Captain Marvel 2​
-X-Men (TBA)​
-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)​
-Fantastic Four (TBA)​
-Lilo and Stitch (remake TBA)​
-Pirates of the Caribbean 6 [untitled]/ Reboot​
-Tink/ Tinkerbell​
-The Little Mermaid (remake)​
-Soul (if I am correct)​
-Pinocchio (remake)​
And no I am not putting in the Avatar sequels.
Now let’s discuss the rumored ones as the confirmed ones are out of the way. Now let’s dive into the rumors.
Tron 3[highly unlikely]​
Confirmed canceled in 2015 and rumors have sprung about it returning but I bet this won’t happen as Tron just does not feel good enough for Disney now. I may want a sequel but we ain’t getting one​
Zootopia 2[likely]​
Probably going to be announced at D23 later but currently a rumor. The directors have said they want to do one already and it did make a billion dollars so I expect one maybe around 2022/2023 maybe.​
The Jungle Book 2[highly likely]​
A sequel to the 2016 live action remake is probably going to happen and it is all but confirmed at this point now. Even the director said he wants to do it.​
Atlantis: The Lost Empire[unknown]​
Would you imagine a remake to the early 2000’s Disney flop Atlantis. I could and the movie has gotten a fan base and some people watch it now and is considered a classic by some. I don’t know if this is going to happen but that could explain the Fire Mountain project having a rumored return.​
Prince Charming[unknown]​
A Maleficent style remake starring Prince Charming. What the freak. I don’t understand why people think this but ok.​
A Bug’s Life 2[unlikely]​
A sequel to the second Pixar film made. Will it happen, I don’t think so. It could but I think most people have forgotten the movie of don’t care. A sequel could work but I think it has been to long (nearly two decades). But we can still get it.​
Inside Out 2[likely]​
Probably not for a while but a sequel could work. The movie did make a whole lot and can explore a lot more about stuff and maybe could feature the power of Imagination with Figment (JK). I do think one is likely but IDK.​
Incredibles 3[unknown]​
A sequel is probably happening but probably not for another half decade if they wanted. I feel like I2 was not that great and so I would not be excited for another but we shall see.​
Cars 4[unlikely]​
I think the Cars franchise is already over. I think Pixar is done and probably the rest of the world is. It will be cool but the series feels done.​
Aladdin 2[unknown]​
The remake just crossed a billion and this might be circulating in the company but probably not for a long time. I don’t know what they can explore in a sequel but we might see something but please no more Will Smith Genie.​
The Lion King 2[likely]​
The remake is making money quick and I assume they have plans for a sequel one day. I think they have a ton to explore but it might be like what they have done with the Jungle Book. We shall see but I think Jungle Book 2 would be first.​
Hercules[unknown]​
A remake to the Eisner humor movie, dunno. The movie was good/ok for me and Hades is still used in the parks but I don’t think a remake will do well unless they actually care about the movie. They should probably make it realistic but with some cartoony things so it feels like the OG but I think the OG does not need a remake.​
Princess Diaries 3[What???!!]​
Does anyone even remember this movie. I don’t. Probably to late and I have no thoughts.​
National Treasure 3[unknown/unlikely]​
Nice, I love the original but I think the company has moved on from those types of movies but if they put care into it, it could work. I would rather like to see a reboot but with a different story for this franchise.​
Monsters Inc. Sequel[likely]​
We got that prequel forever ago and a sequel could do some justice to Mike and Sully. But I think the sequel spot is taken by the D+ show, Monsters at Work. But I think one is likely as Pixar does wait a long time and work a long time on sequels.​
Bolt 2[unlikely]​
I love the movie but I think it did not do well enough for Disney to think on a sequel. It could happen but I don’t know if people will care.​
Planes 3[nope, highly unlikely]​
I don’t think the series called Planes needs a sequel as it was a weird/ dumb thing to do. The first was ok but the second was awful.​
Up 2[nope]​
Don’t want this and don’t need it. I think a show for D+ could work but a movie might not be needed at all.​
Avengers 5[unknown]​
A 5th Avengers will definitely make marvel fans go crazy but is it going to happen. Maybe it could be a Secret Wars or New Avengers but I would wait to Phase 5. Also we don’t know anything.​
Peter Pan[likely]​
Pretty sure it has not been announced yet. A remake of the original would be amazing but it will need lots of Pixie Dust if it were to actually get attention as I think a remake that captures the magic of the original will be amazing.​
Do you know any other rumored Disney movies, tell me so I can update this list. Also do you agree with me on any of this stuff.

We already have a thread for this, don't need another:

Tank Man

Original Poster
We already have a thread for this, don't need another:

Oh
Thanks

Tank Man

Original Poster
You forgot HoND. I believe it is in early development. I think a reimagining of the black hole is more likely than Tron. By the time they get through your list they can reboot Alice. 😉
Hunchback of Notre Dam,
Oh yeah.
They already have done Alice (poorly)

Tank Man

Original Poster
You forgot HoND. I believe it is in early development. I think a reimagining of the black hole is more likely than Tron. By the time they get through your list they can reboot Alice. 😉
I heard a rumor for Tron 3 or a possible remake/ reboot of Tron which a reboot is more likely though.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I read all of this and just thought.... "Sigh."

It is sequel and remake hell.

Walt Disney himself had more new ideas for films in one day than this company can have in a year. Just plain sad.
Yes
But the most rumored movies are sequels and remakes (wha I found).
I could not find any new ideas yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom