News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

BenJacobs

Well, I know it's been a while, but now I'm back with some new news. I wish I could say it was good news, but I don't know how to see this as anything but bad.

WDW, by leadership of Bob Chapek, is planning to start charging resort fees and parking fees at all WDW resorts. They should begin as soon as new parking gate systems are installed. The thinking here is that Disneyland has charged for parking at the hotels for a long while now, and many other hotels around WDW also charge for parking. The resort fees are also the "industry standard" so the management believes that they will be able to get away with those with no worries.

From what I understand as far as resort parking:
The first 30 minutes will be free. $5/hr after that up to a max of $30.
Daily overnight self-parking will be $30 at the resorts. Valet will be raised to $50.
Although there is no validation planned currently for eating or shopping at the resort, evidently Tables in Wonderland members will still receive free valet parking, though that isn't set in stone.

The resort fees have not been decided upon yet, or if they have, the prices haven't leaked to me. If you have information about the fees or anything else, please drop me a message. I'm sure this thrills all of you as much as it does me.

What a ridiculous thing, one of the things that makes Disney holidays the best is that you don't have to worry about anything, everything is provided, by doing what would be normal at any other hotel or resort they will make the while Disney experience much worse.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
And I believe at Universal's Hotels (including Cabana Bay) its the same thing.
Hate to correct you, but It's actually not. Only the parking lots are behind gates at Universal's Hotels. Anyone can pull into the hotel for valet. It's a different option that could work for WDW's hotels as well, it just would require many more gates.

21stamps

What a ridiculous thing, one of the things that makes Disney holidays the best is that you don't have to worry about anything, everything is provided, by doing what would be normal at any other hotel or resort they will make the while Disney experience much worse.

Read that.. it sounds too ridiculous to be true. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I do not see Disney resorts suddenly charging their guests $50 per night to valet, or $30 per night to park.
They will be pushing people offsite or to the Swan, Dolphin or Four Seasons.

Tag me if it comes true.

rob0519

If this is true it is sad. Disney is pricing themselves out of normal families coming to Disney. They need to make things less complicated and less costly. Get rid of reservations needed at every restaurant get it back to being friendly and magical. Those is charge are not keeping Mr. Disney's dream a live. He wanted a place where families could come to have memories with magic to always have and share for ever.

Mr. Disney's dreams are as dead as Mr. Disney himself. Time to get over that and accept Disney is now, and has been for a long time a publicly traded corporation. It's only mission is to increase stockholder value and accumulate as much profit from it's customers as possible.

As long as the resorts and the parks are at overflowing capacity, they do not care if the money is coming from normal families or only the 1% and 2% of the world.

Biff215

Read that.. it sounds too ridiculous to be true. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I do not see Disney resorts suddenly charging their guests $50 per night to valet, or $30 per night to park.
They will be pushing people offsite or to the Swan, Dolphin or Four Seasons.

Tag me if it comes true.
Room rates might be cheaper at S&D, but they charge a resort fee and parking, don't they? No clue about the Four Seasons.

I agree Disney is crazy to implement this, unless they actually lower room rates first (yeah right). I'd assume (and prefer) it's all just included. I understand the parking fee more, but not for resort guests.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Mr. Disney's dreams are as dead as Mr. Disney himself. Time to get over that and accept Disney is now, and has been for a long time a publicly traded corporation. It's only mission is to increase stockholder value and accumulate as much profit from it's customers as possible.

Funny... Disney didn't operate under such a vision as a public company under Roy O Disney. Nor did they as a public company under Tatum or Walker. Alas... some of that attributed to their weakness in defending against the hostile takeover.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Funny... Disney didn't operate under such a vision as a public company under Roy O Disney. Nor did they as a public company under Tatum or Walker. Alas... some of that attributed to their weakness in defending against the hostile takeover.

But those CEO's did not think of Gordon Gekko or Michael Milliken as a role model as Iger does.

Yes Disney as we once knew it is Dead and buried and run in a manner that would cause a Ferengi to blush.

Bob Harlem

reposting a screamscape rumor from this morning:

http://screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm#General

"Bad news for future Walt Disney World Resort guests. According to a Screamscape source, Disney is preparing to begin charging a new parking fee at all of their on-site resorts. I don't have the fine details yet, but we suspect that guests staying at the resort will now find some kind of daily parking fee added to their invoice, and anyone just wanting to drop by select resorts to visit, or even just to dine at some of the more popular restaurants, will also be facing these new parking fees."

The timing would be before or at the end of March. No details on how much/validation or any other part of it. Would impact Easter week stays.

Screamscape has had mixed success with rumors, but this one is worth posting in case it does happen and catches anyone off guard in the next few weeks. The lack of any details such as how much it is, which resorts (some/all), if the one charge covers parking at the theme park lots also, and if this is temporary or permanent does bring a grain of salt with the rumor. I'll update the bottom of the post with any updates.

Details/Updates:
- Parking for resort guests will still be allowed to park at the theme park parking lots "free" (If they paid for parking at the resort).
- Price on the "high side".
- The are additional indicators that this rumor may be true.
- Valet parking would go up greatly also.
- DVC will get two cars per room included in their stay.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom