News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

GrumpyDude

I just don't see it happening at the value or moderate resorts. They risk angering long term customers who are on some sort of budget. The parking and or resort fee would have to be in large print and easy to see when you made a reservation. The complaints the first year would be insane. It's not good to make your customers angry at check in. I can already hear my wife at check in "What do you mean, parking fee?! We have been parking here for free the last 10 years! Get me a manager!" Then some poor manager is going to have to smile while getting yelled at. It will be OK, because it happened 3 times already today, and it's only 10am. 2 advil and a quick pull of a hidden bottle of fireball eases the pain.

It will be ugly.
I agree with that. We usually stay 5-6 days. If there is an additional $30 per day, we probably cut our trip down by a day to even it out. It doesn't take a math major to realize that if that happens, Disney is out the $30 resort fee, $100+ from not staying at the resort, and money spent on food and other things. That makes zero business sense. There are more people that stay in the values and mods than stay at the deluxes.

TDogg76

Except they probably already planned to raise the room prices as much as their research shows they can get away with. The resort fee is a way to disguise an additional increase.
I can see where that would suck! Being DVC, I am really not affected unless they start charging us fees! Currently when we stay at Disneyland Hotel our parking fee is waived! So, as long as that stays the same I wouldn't feel the impact.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If anyone feels rushed at any restaurant, that is their own fault. We are like you in that if someone is trying to rush, we tell them to slow down. Many times, we will not even order our main course until after we have finished our appetizers. At O'Hana, we just tell them that we are not ready for the next course. Not one has complained about it.

When the check arrives along with the first course you are being rushed

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've been seeing a lot more trip reports where service at restaurants seems to be extremely spotty. To me, castmembers are being overworked and they're stressed out and they're putting castmembers in roles that don't suit them.

Its the race to the bottom and why ive given up on visiting WDW these days stressed and overworked CM's do not a magical vacation make.

WDWTank

Its the race to the bottom and why ive given up on visiting WDW these days stressed and overworked CM's do not a magical vacation make.
See I'm not even a manager nor do I work a job yet at 18 years of age. But on Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Career mode, I make sure I raise the salary to each and every member of the team to as maximum as possible.
Higher salaries create better workers, and better workers create better capital, which can create better wealth. Who even gives a rat's butt about their own living when they can't make their own people(employees) live?

Rumrunner

Iger and Disney overpaid for Star Wars and then had to have a particular agenda added to the movie. That was bothersome to many and it affected their box office. I guess the loyal guest that stay on site are paying for this mistake. I never stay at a motel or hotel that charges for parking. Will just find another place to stay.

AEfx

Iger and Disney overpaid for Star Wars and then had to have a particular agenda added to the movie. That was bothersome to many and it affected their box office.

That's so cute, considering the fact that TFA was the #1 grossing film of all time in America, and #2 in the world. Not many more people could have gone to see it, LOL. Not sure what kind of dog whistle you are humming on, but it's a laughable statement and completely ludicrous to connect to this in any way, shape, or form.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
That's so cute, considering the fact that TFA was the #1 grossing film of all time in America, and #2 in the world. Not many more people could have gone to see it, LOL. Not sure what kind of dog whistle you are humming on, but it's a laughable statement and completely ludicrous to connect to this in any way, shape, or form.

I'm even more curious to hear what this "particular agenda" is claimed to be.

AEfx

I'm even more curious to hear what this "particular agenda" is claimed to be.

I'm presuming it's either about Rey being a female lead or Finn being a black stormtrooper, but I'm going with the former, since most won't publicly still admit the latter as it's so clearly racist.

There is a fringe of the Star Wars fanbase that has a great deal of resentment toward a female lead in the film. They say, "It's not that she is a girl, it's that they didn't have a reason to make her one - it was just to pander" or some other such drivel. They don't realize what they are saying is that all characters by default need to be male, unless there is a really good reason (in a movie that isn't mine, because my Star Wars is for boys!).

Last edited:

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I'm presuming it's either about Rey being a female lead or Finn being a black stormtrooper, but I'm presuming it's the former, since most won't publicly still admit the latter as it's so clearly racist.

There is a fringe of the Star Wars fanbase that has a great deal of resentment toward a female lead in the film. They say, "It's not that she is a girl, it's that they didn't have a reason to make her one - it was just to pander" or some other such drivel. They don't realize what they are saying is that all characters by default need to be male, unless there is a really good reason (in a movie that isn't mine, because my Star Wars is for boys!).

Those are my go-to suspicions as well.

Let's see if they pop back in and elaborate....

CPPrtBm.jpg

Last edited:

Rumrunner

I believe we have a difference of opinion but I didn't understand why you had to resort to name calling with the dog whistle comment and calling my statement ludicrous and laughable. We just have a difference of opinion and I accept your opinion I believe it is sincerely held. Would just appreciate the same consideration for my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom