Rumor Tower of Terror to gain new theme?

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
According to @disneygoff on Twitter, there's a rumor that Tower of Terror at DLP and DHS will be getting a new theme. Apparently what happened is that original plans were for WDSP's TOT to be transformed into GOTGMB, but as of now those plans were scrapped. The attraction will remain as Tower of Terror but a new story will worked into the attraction which will be co-financed. No other details at this time.
Source -

CJR

I heard this one too, but didn't think much of it since the insiders here haven't talked about it. IMHO, it's not the worst idea out there. I love the Twilight Zone and would prefer it stay that way, but if they must remove it, this is probably one of the best options. Hopefully it stays as is, but if it changes to this, I won't be all that upset compared to what happened at DCA.

WDWTank

Someone told me this as well, and that the company wanted to appeal more to children, but he also said that Indiana Jones at DHS is closing for more Star Wars which we all know didn’t happen.
He said he has “business ties” with intermediaries with Disney

The Empress Lilly

SEA has no place in a Hollywood themed land. What nonsense. (The idea, not the rumour)

Theme, placemaking, coherence - I think the emphasis on strictly single-IP/idea lands has destroyed the idea that other lands also have developed themes. Tomorrowland isn't 'space/computer game/alien/monsters'. Hollywood isn't 'anything movie based'. WS isn't 'anything with distinctive geographical origins'.

EricsBiscuit

SEA has no place in a Hollywood themed land. What nonsense. (The idea, not the rumour)

Theme, placemaking, coherence - I think the emphasis on strictly single-IP/idea lands has destroyed the idea that other lands also have developed themes. Tomorrowland isn't 'space/computer game/alien/monsters'. Hollywood isn't 'anything movie based'. WS isn't 'anything with distinctive geographical origins'.
You could also say the same for American Waterfront and it (SEA) works beautifully there

FigmentJedi

You could also say the same for American Waterfront and it (SEA) works beautifully there
Except Harrison Hightower is a pastiche of certain archetypes of the time period. Dude's an arrogant wealthy robber baron/malevolent colonialist type that kept "collecting" whatever the hell he wanted until one of his collectibles decided to turn the tables.

Not to mention that one of SEA's real world inspirations was indeed based out of New York.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventurers'_Club_of_New_York

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom