Rumor: Tomorrowland name change

Bacon

Original Poster
I'm going to need a little more evidence than a Twitter account. Or at least some background/receipts as to why we should trust this insider.
tumblr_lmvl34hSQ11qiisj2o1_250.gif
Have you seen the account? Lots of things they say happen! they predicted the new sign

Castle Cake Apologist

I dunno, he's been right on a couple of things that would have been easy to predict. However, he also insisted that CoP was going to be totally redone this fall (clearly didn't happen) and posted old concept art as proof of the new ending scene that was coming. He also said the AAs were being replaced with A-100s, which I'm fairly certain never happened.

AndyS2992

IT'S HAPPENING!!!
8056846892_38744ffd37_b.jpg

Start to panic people!! :p :facepalm:

This was actually planned to happen in the late 90s I believe as imagineers struggled to keep Tomorrowland futurisitic so changing all Tomorowlands to 'Discoverylands' made it possible not to have to spend the money to keep updating the land. It was scrapped however.

Remember when Disneyland's Space Mountain got painted bronze and rocks were added at the entrance? That was part of the plan to make Tomorrowland look more like Disneyland Paris's Discoveryland.
2003-space-mountain2.jpg

Looked awful. So glad they changed it back to white.

The Empress Lilly

Teh old. -_-

That is a good point. As far as I know, for most places exact tree height and density was not decided upon, set in stone for all eternity. Basically the trees just grow, then get replaced every now and then. MK and EPCOT looked rather sparse the first decade, and have looked like the set of the Jungle Book at other times.

But not anything goes. The Jungle Cruise needs to be lush, Main Street pruned, the hub a city park, the back of RoA forrested, Tomorrowland Discoveryland manicured.

And the two trees in front of the Mansion need to go, and the trees in front of the castle need to return.

Cmdr_Crimson

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

This was actually planned to happen in the late 90s I believe as imagineers struggled to keep Tomorrowland futurisitic so changing all Tomorowlands to 'Discoverylands' made it possible not to have to spend the money to keep updating the land. It was scrapped however.

Remember when Disneyland's Space Mountain got painted bronze and rocks were added at the entrance? That was part of the plan to make Tomorrowland look more like Disneyland Paris's Discoveryland.
2003-space-mountain2.jpg

There was something else with that name...Oh gee..lemme put my finger on it...Ah! Here we go...
gemini.jpg

How'd That Turn out for Epcot?
giphy.gif

Flippin'Flounder

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

2003-space-mountain2.jpg

When did that happen? I kinda like it... o_O

MerlinTheGoat

I mean, I can go make a Twitter account and make some educated guesses too
Under most other circumstances I would agree 100%, we're all familiar with the fake insiders with twitter accounts. And I won't jump to conclusions about this rumor either, but this person has indeed had some very solid info recently regarding what they've posted. So for a change, I might at least recommend not writing him off entirely. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

He's also a member here, he goes by @Carousel Of Progress Love , and he at least seems to be a Disney employee of some sort, and not a "bus driver" type of source either (what position he holds I do not know, though he has backstage pictures that non-cast wouldn't be able to get). I would suspect at least an operator for CoP if not someone in a higher position. That doesn't mean anything in of itself, but he has been a good and accurate source of information thus far. Especially about all the plussing that ended up happening at CoP recently. He was also correct in stating Tomorrowland as a whole was getting love, before even Martin confirmed this and the new management involved.

On his Twitter a week ago or so, he also reported that Guardians of the Galaxy was off the table for Universe of Energy and plans had been moved back over to DHS. Something that was confirmed by WDW1974 the other day in his new thread. As far as I know, he was the first one to report this.

fgmnt

He's also a member here, he goes by @Carousel Of Progress Love , and he at least seems to be a Disney employee of some sort, and not a "bus driver" type of source either (what position he holds I do not know, though he has backstage pictures that non-cast wouldn't be able to get). I would suspect at least an operator for CoP if not someone in a higher position. That doesn't mean anything in of itself, but he has been a good and accurate source of information thus far. Especially about all the plussing that ended up happening at CoP recently. He was also correct in stating Tomorrowland as a whole was getting love, before even Martin confirmed this and the new management involved.

On his Twitter a week ago or so, he also reported that Guardians of the Galaxy was off the table for Universe of Energy and plans had been moved back over to DHS. Something that was confirmed by WDW1974 the other day in his new thread. As far as I know, he was the first one to report this.

It makes sense that someone probably in Tomorrowland/CoP ride ops is plugged in enough to know about operational changes to Tomorrowland but not ones that are "conceptual" like a name change, so I don't really buy it. The work put in to Tomorrowland to clean up and modernize it goes directly against the name change.

How this person would know about the flip-flop to put ToT back on the chopping block as well? Couldn't tell you. Both the desecration of ToT and Tomorrowland are dumb and pointless enough that it has to be a well-liked idea among top brass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom