Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

pmaljr

Very sad indeed, another fine piece of Disney's history, lost forever. Glad I got to enjoy it once with my wife before it was gone.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Very sad. MSEP will probably eventually meet a similar fate and also run into the ground. I far preferred Spectro over MSEP, particularly the music. The idea of not hearing Spectro's music, potentially ever again, is very disheartening. I feel similarly to the way I did when Epcot lost many of its classic rides and wonderful music attached. I don't expect we'll even see a new parade any time soon either, sad state of affairs.

I agree with what 71 and others have said here though. I want an awesome new parade but with Spectro's music, similar to how Dreamlights was to MSEP (new parade but with the same classic music, perhaps even better). A massively upgraded take on Spectromagic. Given the way WDW has been going lately, It's foolish to get any hopes up.
I feel your pain, my most clear and favorite Disney memories were Journey into Imagination, Horizons and Spectromagic. The only thing I have left is Illuminations and I cherish it more and more as my favorite attractions either disapear or fall apart. I just wish that Disney would come up with something that would make me forget about all the lost attractions.

Tip Top Club

My Prayer is that we do for Spectromagic what Dream Lights did for the Electrical Parade, a brand new Completely re-imagined version of Spectromagic, that way you can market on both Nostolgia and Futurism.

Spectromagic is tied to a lot of my emotional connection to the Magic Kingdom. Seeing mickey and his cloak come down the street, with the beautiful music, and different types of light and magic was always so special to me.

My big question is a timeline for a new night parade. The last I heard was that they were looking to put it in the budget for 2017, but that is so far away, I get waiting until 2015, but not more than that. Both Magic Kingdom Parades are falling apart, it seems like the day parade should be addressed next year, but what about the electrical parade that is literally falling apart, and has to be towed constantly.......

SoupBone

I'm afraid I am the confirmer of bad news..

Spectro has seen it's last show.. The damage to the floats is EXTENSIVE.. Termites, woodrot, electrical issue, etc.. All related to the hap-hazard storage that the parade was subjected to.

The price tag to rebuilt/replace most EVERYTHING is approx. 2.6 million.. Management has passed, and it's likely that MSEP will have to roll for some time until a new show can be developed and brought on line..

I'm not happy, and I'm not happy to bring this news to you guys...

I can't believe my last viewing of Spectro was.... my last.

:(

Is there a single person responsible for the way it was stored? If so, I hope they received their walking papers.

scoobygirl39541

Like others have posted, I really hope they consider a re-imagining of Spectro and utilize the soundtrack. I really think the music is still fresh and hardly outdated.

Yes, I feel bad for all those people who are visiting for the first time and have no idea what they're missing. When I take my boyfriend for his first trip (years from now), I want him to experience the Spectro music. It builds the magic in my opinion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom