[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Magenta Panther

I've always liked the idea of a Beatles/Yellow Submarine ride in the British pavilion. It's crossed my mind as a replacement for RnRC too, but it'd never work, because, for one thing, the ride is too short. Heck, it was too short for Aerosmith.

I like the idea of Zootopia or Cars as a replacement, maybe, but...Aerosmith is fine if it stays. I like the ride as is FWIW.

correcaminos

Menudo performed in front of GMR at DHS in a private Telemundo concert in 2002 with Luis Fonsi and other Latino artists.
Latin music is huge in my house ;) I was talking about which set of members we'd want to resurrect. So when I first listened to them in the mid 80s is not the same one that performed in 2002. They actually took a break for about 5 years starting around 2010.

The mid 80s group wasn't even the original. Ricky Martin joined the group in 1984 and was in for around 5 years. A few of the past members have even passed away.

Incomudro

I've always liked the idea of a Beatles/Yellow Submarine ride in the British pavilion. It's crossed my mind as a replacement for RnRC too, but it'd never work, because, for one thing, the ride is too short. Heck, it was too short for Aerosmith.

I like the idea of Zootopia or Cars as a replacement, maybe, but...Aerosmith is fine if it stays. I like the ride as is FWIW.
The Beatles music isn't rocking enough for the RnRC anyway, unless the only song they played was Helter Skelter.

Freddie46

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
I crawled out from under my rock just so I could admit that I’ve never heard of Olivia Rodrigo. I teach middle school, so I usually hear about the current big names in the music and movie industry, but I’ve never heard her name.

I would hate to see Aerosmith replaced by anyone that is new and hasn’t established themselves as a musician with universal appeal and staying power to remain popular for years to come. From the few comments I’ve read, it sounds like she uses auto tune as well, and that would make it even worse. To replace a band like Aerosmith with a new singer that can’t rely on her own voice would be awful.

Full disclosure - I’ve not a fan of Aerosmith, but I know who they are and enjoy several of their songs. Would still hate to see them replaced . . . unless it was by a band Iike Queen! 😁 The real Queen, with Freddie Mercury!

Magenta Panther

I crawled out from under my rock just so I could admit that I’ve never heard of Olivia Rodrigo. I teach middle school, so I usually hear about the current big names in the music and movie industry, but I’ve never heard her name.

I would hate to see Aerosmith replaced by anyone that is new and hasn’t established themselves as a musician with universal appeal and staying power to remain popular for years to come. From the few comments I’ve read, it sounds like she uses auto tune as well, and that would make it even worse. To replace a band like Aerosmith with a new singer that can’t rely on her own voice would be awful.

Full disclosure - I’ve not a fan of Aerosmith, but I know who they are and enjoy several of their songs. Would still hate to see them replaced . . . unless it was by a band Iike Queen! 😁 The real Queen, with Freddie Mercury!

Hmm...you know, that's not a bad thought. The Queen soundtrack for RnRC could be Freddy Mercury's "Don't Stop Me Now". It'd fit really well. Sample lyric:

I'm burning through the sky
Yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm traveling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

Yeah, I could get behind that...

Willmark

I'm thinking it might be time for one of my line by line evisterations like I did to Katiebug, something about troll threads just bring it out in me...

Willmark

Alright you asked for it, not my fault:

Hello everyone!
(Checks... first post by user). Hello!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida.
(This isn't starting well is it?)

Which bus do they drive? I have it on good authority that those dudes got ALL the info. I mean just the other day someone was telling me about their cousin's, sister's brother who heard it from some guy who saw Ferris throw up at 31 flavors last night.... according to the bus driver they spoke to (and some movie you've probably never seen).

My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while
Well sure, no Disney IP. Bean counters and the big wigs can't have that.

as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999.
"Dream on, dream on, dream on, Dream until your dream come true."

There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles.
One would think your Imaginnering friend would make the easy connection of Cars, no?

Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive
Disney's mantra of the last two decades, so nothing shocking there.

but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act.
Interesting concept, who will they go with?

Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now,
See my comments on two decades above.

during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars,
Ed Sheeran, oh that guy who was in Game of Thrones!

and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee)
11 years or so to act on something? Sounds about right for Disney.

have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.
Drawing boards cost money.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021,
Nah I've been living under a bridge, oh wait that's you? Me? I was "living in a van, down by the river!"

you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo.
Nope.

In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles \
Billboard is still a thing? Good for her anyways!

(the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u),
Transcendent power? Transcendent power is a phrase reserved for Led Zeppelin. Go check out your parent's/grandparent's CDs and/or albums. Or in your case download off your favorite music store, and/or visit your favorite streaming site/service.

Or Queen or Prince.

which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career.
Somehow I'm still thinking their career will end up being longer than hers.

Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units.
Get back to us when she sells millions upon millions, like uh, yah know... Aerosmith (estimated at 66.5 million as of 2013).

Not only is her music extremely commercially successful,
See immediately above.

it is also very good (this is obviously subjective,
Indeed it is.

but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics).
Well sure. In your role as manager and/or publicist its your job.

In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram
<groan......> if you have to use Venn diagrams to explain your client, erm I mean your "favorite singer" you're doing it wrong

between levitating bedroom balladry,
Hey none of that now, this is a family site, G rated only!

unkempt psychedelic grunge,
Oh course its unkempt, its grunge. I should know, I had the long hair and flannel to prove it.

and uptempo pop-rock,
Is there ever downtemp pop-rock?

although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes.
So just like every other successful musical artist?

She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
I think that's what was being said about teenage angst pop of the late 50s/early 1960s?

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months
Rodrigo? As in The Cid? That dude rocked! I really liked it when they propped up his beat up corpse and he rode along the beach! Oh wait.....

it has been easy to forget
I'm sure it will be "easy to forget"

the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her,
So another one of those type of singers is going to replace Aerosmith? Those didn't, but she will?

Sounds likely...

having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
I have no idea what this means as I have been living under a rock in 2021 "in a van, down by the river!"

In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music
You never told us which bus route they drive.

(which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself.
This sounds very detailed.

The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license.
Got nothing here.

The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.
Wait a minute, that's part of your username! (bolded) as someone noted up thread.

So, what do you think of these rumors?
Sounds legit.

Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo?
Hell yes! /s

Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
Who?

This Olivia Rodrigo seems to be an order of magnitude bigger than these Aerosmith guys, sign me up!

Last edited:

AdventureHasAName

I've always thought that if they were going to replace Aerosmith on this attraction, the band to do it with is KISS. They could definitely license the band for walk-around and photo-op characters (KISS will license the logo and face paint for anything), they have enough songs that are recognizable across generations, and the light-hearted sinisterness of the band (and Gene Simmons in particular) fits in next to the Tower of Terror to create a mini-"spooky" land.

b4330eb8-bf3e-4512-be49-68ba1aca35ea-Kiss17.JPG

If they wanted to use someone with Disney-ties, it would have to be Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, or Justin Timberlake.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea who Olivia Rodrigo is.

TrojanUSC

Setting aside the fact this isn't happening... can anyone imagine RnR Coaster to her songs? Like they aren't fun happy pop rock tunes that make sense on an intense roller coaster. They're kinda sad?

tommyh88

I’ve said it for years…Rock N’ Roller Coaster starring Queen.

Disney has owned the rights to Queen’s catalog since 1991 through Hollywood Records. With Bohemian Rhapsody (FOX film, now under DIS) bringing in nearly a billion worldwide in 2018 (beating the likes of Deadpool 2, Mission Impossible, Fantastic Beasts, Venom, Mary Poppins Returns, Ralph Break the Internet…) and their music consistently selling well on various charts (BR soundtrack has been on and off Billboard for more than 3 years now)…what is stopping them? They are obviously a beloved classic group, with lasting appeal. Arguably more popular than Aerosmith and especially Olivia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom