[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

DisneyCane

The launch at the start of the Rockin Roller Coaster ride is the best part. To change that would ruin the ride. It's one of the reasons we go to Hollywood Studios. Taking that ride away would probably cause us to not go to Disney World anymore.
There would be no point to the ride at all without the launch. After the launch and the first inversion it's basically a not very smooth kiddie coaster with a barrel roll. It's also very short.
0-60mph in 2.9 seconds. Many will never ride in a Lamborghini Aventador that can launch the car in that exact time frame so RnR is another option.
Does the Aventador 0-60 exclude rollout? Even if it doesn't to actually get that 0-60 would require being on a drag strip with really good tires and grip and a professional driver. There are very few people who can hit a car's specified 0-60 launching from a traffic light.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
LOL...we fall for it every time.

1622654734515.png

Bugz

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
Sad, Aerosmith has been a multi generational band , but we must accept chanke i guess

Imagineer JS

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
I honestly think her songs are boring for this or any ride. She’s not iconic enough to fit in the shoes of Aerosmith at all. Sorry.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I mentioned Slayer was number 2. In no particular order, others being considered are Kool and the Gang, Justin Bieber, GWAR, Celine Dion, "well behaved" Miley Cyrus, King Crimson, Menudo, The London Philharmonic, Selena Gomez, the Second Presbyterian church bell choir, and William Shatner.

J4546

it just seems inevitable to me. Im guessing they will do a modified paradise pier but this is only speculation....heres a crudely drawn guess

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 70

correcaminos

..And yet, as you have seen, no one, at least here, had any idea who she was. Not really a good replacement for Aerosmith
on Rock n' Rollercoaster. Kind of similar to the Weekend and the Super Bowl halftime show.
No one? Maybe only a few. Her first show was big when my kid was watching TDC more. So I knew her from that starting like 5 years ago. Do I think she has staying power? No clue. Think she'd be a good replacement? Nope. Wrong style.

Are you implying that no one knew who the weekend was before the Super Bowl?

TK294

I mentioned Slayer was number 2. In no particular order, others being considered are Kool and the Gang, Justin Bieber, GWAR, Celine Dion, "well behaved" Miley Cyrus, King Crimson, Menudo, The London Philharmonic, Selena Gomez, the Second Presbyterian church bell choir, and William Shatner.
My vote is for a Menudo/ Lemonade Mouth collab!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom