[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

good4uinsider

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
ExhaustedEcstaticAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-max-1mb.gif

TrojanUSC

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?

Just want to point out that rumors of the retheme have been happening for many, many years. If you search this board you can find similar rumors about Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers and countless other former Disney acts.

See this thread as just one example:

While Olivia Rodrigo is popular now, will she be in 5, 10, 20 years? That is the problem with going with any kind zeitgeist-y teen Disney Channel star.

While they are not at the height of their popularity, Aerosmith still is a well known rock band with a catalogue of hits most people have heard.

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
OK, decades of top hit production vs a popup name? I think not and doubt the OP's credibility, strange as posting false info is not in this site's TOS.

Especially strange since I have recently come to learn that Ms. Rodrigo:

sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

mysto

I pulled up a video on youtube, and she relies heavily on autotune. I'm not a fan of autotune.

For those who don't know, autotune is a digital processor that forces tones onto notes in key. This really helps when the singer cannot reliably hit notes in a key, allowing the recording session to be done faster and save money on both studio time and the talent. It gives the vocals a characteristic robot-like sound.

By whatever miracle, the producers of GOG did a decent job of selecting music. I'm grateful that we will *probably* escape from having to listen to hastily produced pop on the new GOG ride.

EeyoreFan#24

I think its more likely if Disney does anything they go with generic concert theme to be able to switch out the Disney plus star of the hour. As like the Disney channel last couple years- Same show different people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom