[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Brer Panther

In all honesty, I don’t get what people find so “terrifying” about them. I think they’re great myself. While it’s true some of Aaron Fechter’s (the creator & owner of the band) behavior & views have been a bit questionable, particuarly in recent years. The characters & animatronics themselves are quite charming and you can see the direct Disney influence; from the look & design of the characters (they look very similar to the Country Bear Jamboree characters), the chemistry between all the characters, their distinct personalities, & the upbeat lively energy within the shows & the way the characters move when properly maintained. And even the company’s name, ‘Creative Engineering’ is directly inspired by ‘Imagineering’.

But yeah, in all honesty, things would be fine if they were simply better managed with the focus being on staying true to the creative, warm spirit of the characters rather than being too focused on ‘bottom line’ matters like royalties & money. Fine that you want those things, but the ‘focus’ should be on simply keep the characters & shows out there for folks to appreciate & remember. The more promotion & generosity, the more good will & bottom line related things you’ll earn later as a result of said good quality.
It's mainly their designs for me. The rubbery faces, the red cheeks, the beady eyes, it all adds up to a really gross-looing character design. I feel the same way about Chuck E. Cheese animatronics.

Dog Ate Mouse

Hey if they did retheme this ride with a new group that was classic rock and done a little different, I would hope it would be Led Zeppelin or make it really Wild and Bizarre and go with Pink Floyd.

Far as rumors, I just leave it to that they are just rumors. Heard way too many years of it came from a cast member or heard it from the bus driver and so on.

Robbiem

I don’t think Disney will do another music act.

Indiana Jones would be a good fit IMO. Reroute to enter from the animation courtyard and replace the animation courtyard with an Indiana Jones themed area. Add a water ride and restaurant. Bonus the stunt show area becomes a new expansion pad

Alternative - make it a thrilling Alien attraction. Theme to an escape pod from a spaceship with lots of attacking xenomorphs

macefamily

I'm talking about poor grammar in her lyrics ("never felt this way for no one") as an affectation. I had no Idea there was an Ebonics controversy involving her - nor did I know that's what the acronym you used meant - until I Googled it. Sounds like she's even more of a poseur than I thought.

Lots of these young poppies drop the 'street slang' because they think it's cool. English language has deteriorated immensely over the past thirty years. Frustrates me just as the original nutjobs like Nikki Minaj with that stupid bird-tweeting sound. That fool tried to get it copyrighted. She's a bird alright...a foul mouthed cuckoo.

macefamily

Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States.[21][22] With 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. They have achieved twenty-one Top 40 hits on the US Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were ranked number 57 and 30, respectively, on Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, Tyler and Perry were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and in 2020, the band received the MusiCares Person of the Year award.

True dat (see how I turned that around from my previous post) ?

Fox&Hound

A good way to solve all of this is to make the ride a choose your own concert, where you select from a series of buttons on a screen which artist you are racing through LA on a limo to see. Have the preshow video be just some random producer talking before you board the limo, and once seated, you can select anyone from Aerosmith to Olivia Rodrigo to a wide variety of performers. Their music plays on your seat during the ride, (think Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket without the whiplash) and your personal video screen displays their show starting upon reaching the exit dock.
I have said this so many times. I agree completely and it allows the ride to be different each time you ride it.

Snake

This rumor must have been started by Olivia and her agent. There's no way you replace Aerosmith with some unknown singer, I still dont know who that is btw.

jonnyc

Alternative - make it a thrilling Alien attraction. Theme to an escape pod from a spaceship with lots of attacking xenomorphs

This is the first idea I've heard which I think I could accept, although after Alien Encounter got removed, I don't think we'll ever get a intentionally scary ride in WDW again.

No Name

You don't have to be old to not be into some teenie bopper music. What artists has Disney worked with in the past? Michael Jackson and Aerosmith, both legends in their respective genres. When Olivia earns even 1/10th of those accolades this might sound less like a very sad joke.
Accolades? 🙄 I’m no Olivia Rodrigo fan but she’s more popular than both of them combined right now and that’s really all that matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom