Rumor? Press Conference about the Parks Re-Opening?...definitely before July 4, 2021

Disney Irish

Advertisement
A few minutes spent trying to figure out how we get to the best we can ever hope for Yellow Tier in Governor Newsom's Four-Tier Color-Coded Blueprint For A Safer Economy tells you that it will be months until The Blue Bayou is allowed to operate at only 50% capacity. And that 50% capacity in the Yellow Tier is the best we'll ever get because there is no Green Tier because California will never return to a pre-pandemic way of life, per Governor Newsom.

So, sure, might as well move the best selling Made In China merchandise out from Star Wars Land to Downtown Disney.

Sit back and relax AP's, this is gonna take awhile...
I'd like to point out the "Green" tier as you keep calling it is when we get an effective vaccine and its publicly available and given out in enough doses to enough Californians that the pandemic is over. Its when this tier system goes away which is why its not on this tier system. But we won't get there for a long time, maybe end of 2021 or mid-2022 at the earliest.

Curious Constance

What? Where's the photo! I love to laugh at tacky stuff. Please share!
On my phone, but I think this will work:

466CD686-1F3E-44DE-B394-FA1B468E9CD6.png

Tamandua

A few minutes spent trying to figure out how we get to the best we can ever hope for Yellow Tier in Governor Newsom's Four-Tier Color-Coded Blueprint For A Safer Economy tells you that it will be months until The Blue Bayou is allowed to operate at only 50% capacity. And that 50% capacity in the Yellow Tier is the best we'll ever get because there is no Green Tier because California will never return to a pre-pandemic way of life, per Governor Newsom.

So, sure, might as well move the best selling Made In China merchandise out from Star Wars Land to Downtown Disney.

Sit back and relax AP's, this is gonna take awhile...
If you look at the open secrets website, I wonder if they're starting to regret some of those politicial contributions. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

TP2000

On my phone, but I think this will work:

View attachment 498093

Oh God. What is that? Leftover tarps from a chicken coop? What is the point?

Was this some sort of unfortunate Star Wars Land makeover? Or was there an electrical fire in the sign just before the mall opened this morning and some handyman thought this was a good idea?

And that poor shopclerk in polyester slacks and a mandatory mask out front, what was her role? To try and pretend there weren't dirty tarps hung over the marquee of her mall shop?

What the heck is that? And what does it mean?

Curious Constance

Oh God. What is that? Leftover tarps from a chicken coop? What is the point?

Was this some sort of unfortunate Star Wars Land makeover? Or was there an electrical fire in the sign just before the mall opened this morning and some handyman thought this was a good idea?

And that poor shopclerk in polyester slacks and a mandatory mask out front, what was her role? To try and pretend there weren't dirty tarps hung over the marquee of her mall shop?

What the heck is that? And what does it mean?
LOL Over night last night, the Wonderland store in Downtown Disney was changed into a Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge store. And I guess that was what they assumed would indicate Galaxy’s Edge merchandise was sold there??? Whether or not it actually came from a chicken coop (🤣) or a doghouse is anyone’s guess.

TP2000

LOL Over night last night, the Wonderland store in Downtown Disney was changed into a Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge store. And I guess that was what they assumed would indicate Galaxy’s Edge merchandise was sold there??? Whether or not it actually came from a chicken coop (🤣) or a doghouse is anyone’s guess.

Oh jeez. They've got 30,000 unemployed Cast Members on tap, and this is what they came up with for that concept?

Dirty old tarps hung over the Wonderland Gallery sign to try and make it seem like we aren't in a 21st century Socially Distanced Mall with Mandatory Masks across from a closed Luxury Lifestyle Bowling Alley?

It's like I want to root for them to see them succeed and recover from this mess, but then...

Sometimes I think they deserve what they've gotten.

Last edited:

AL2000HS

Yeah it's kinda funny how all of a sudden all of these theme park entertainment companies and whatnot are all throwing their attacks at the same time... it almost seems like they've been planning this... 🤔 lol probably not but its just an observation
I was thinking the same thing. They know something is up. Plan their attack, he announced something and they're like see, he listened to us! Imo

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Newsom is speaking at noon today, so either we will feel great in 2 hours or we will feel severely dejected. Either way, given the public call out on Monday, I’m certain he will address it and/ or be asked about it. I’ll actually be surprised if it doesn’t come up at all.

PostScott

Original Poster
Newsom is speaking at noon today, so either we will feel great in 2 hours or we will feel severely dejected. Either way, given the public call out on Monday, I’m certain he will address it and/ or be asked about it. I’ll actually be surprised if it doesn’t come up at all.
I honestly think he's feeling too pressured to either push it off longer / say that the parks can't reopen. He might finally give us a date of when the parks can reopen but it could be like two months down the road. Really I guess people just want him to say at least something. At least for me, I just want some hope about the parks reopening. "Whatever form that takes, I'm game" Please tell me someone knows what thats from.

Tamandua

On the one hand, I have no faith in the media to ask hard questions of politicians. On the other hand, Disney owns ABC so maybe their reporters will try to ask. Of course, they choose who can ask questions and screen the questions before allowing them to ask them on air over the phone, so it will be interesting to see what they let through today.

Emmanuel

I honestly think he's feeling too pressured to either push it off longer / say that the parks can't reopen. He might finally give us a date of when the parks can reopen but it could be like two months down the road. Really I guess people just want him to say at least something. At least for me, I just want some hope about the parks reopening. "Whatever form that takes, I'm game" Please tell me someone knows what thats from.

Tony Stark from Captain America Civil War

cmwade77

On the one hand, I have no faith in the media to ask hard questions of politicians. On the other hand, Disney owns ABC so maybe their reporters will try to ask. Of course, they choose who can ask questions and screen the questions before allowing them to ask them on air over the phone, so it will be interesting to see what they let through today.
So a smart reporter puts a question in that they know will get approved and then when called on asks a completely different question.

Top Bottom