Rumor of Springs Light Show and 4th Parking Garage

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Being a local, I totally believe this as I see people spending money in the new stores all the time, but is there any articles I can read that show this? Or even a google search?
I would doubt it, most of that information is internal and not published.

Neal

I know it's a surface lot and a garage makes sense, but do they really need a FOURTH garage right now? I guess it's probably harmless and doesn't hurt to throw one up ...
Oh, heaven's yes. We were there in mid-March, and on a Thursday evening we couldn't find parking in the garages. They were full. Had to park across the street again. I would love more high-capacity parking there.

Mouse Detective

So you want the stores to fail?
I made the observation that when I'm out there, I see lots of bags from the Disney stores and from Lego, and few others. WDWMagic stated that "most" chain stores with locations at Disney Springs are reporting that it's the most profitable store in their portfolio. I asked which stores are saying that. How do you interpret that to me wishing stores fail?

Kman101

To me it came off as you doubted any success so i asked if you wanted them to fail. That's all. I made an assumption. I've noticed the same but a lot of these stores probably don't need massive sales to make a profit. i doubt Steve can list the stores and their profits.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
To me it came off as you doubted any success so i asked if you wanted them to fail. That's all. I made an assumption. I've noticed the same but a lot of these stores probably don't need massive sales to make a profit. i doubt Steve can list the stores and their profits.
We were there for the bulk of two separate days in late March. I know that I personally dropped a ton of money - at Uniqlo, Under Armour, Lucky Brand, D-Living, and of course the World of Disney, among others.

The only stores that failed to impress were Stance and the Trophy Room.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I can't say enough good things about Uniqlo.
Hubby was unimpressed. At 6' 8", 245 lbs, there was not a single garment there that fit him. :joyfull:

He should have had more luck at the Trophy Room, but they don't really seem to be in the selling game. It was more like a vanity tribute to his dad, Michael Jordan. We got that same vibe there last September.

No worries though, because of the amazing sales staff at Under Armour, Hubby made a purchase there instead.

Stance just smelled funky, and had totally disinterested sales staff. I went in there fully intending to drop a couple of hundred bucks. When we go back in September, I'll give them another shot. Being that much closer to Christmas, I probably won't be able to restrain myself; irrespective of crappy staff and smelly store.

Kman101

I didn't get into Trophy Room. Can't recall if I did go into Stance.

I wasn't impressed with D-Living but I haven't been in there since they re-did it so it might have improved.

I'm 5'8 so I was ready to have Uniqlo take all of my money. I could have bought a ton of stuff but I held back LOL. I thought their prices were really reasonable but I'm not a big shopper, but that store impressed me.

I also really liked the Coca-Cola store.

I didn't get into Under Armor but I did like Lucky Brand. I just didn't buy anything. I was more looking for gifts at the time for others before Christmas, so I'm due to get back. I didn't go to Disney Springs on my last trip, because as I've said I want to more enjoy it than a quick walk through (not to mention sick) and hit some more restaurants. Probably will do that next month when I go to Animal Kingdom for the Pandora preview. I'll probably skip DHS and just do Animal Kingdom and parkhop between MK and Epcot. Funny that I didn't hit Disney Springs last month when I could have walked to it from the Disney Springs hotel area LOL

Kman101

That store tests every ounce of self control I have :hilarious:

I know. I had to show a lot of self control in there. I came away with a really nice quality, IMO, light jacket. I'm going to New York at the end of the month (for my birthday) and I'm pretty sure they have one there soooo ..... lol but then I have to bring it all home .... I also saw a Kiehls so I can understand why some who live in an actual city know all these stores and don't get excited about them but I've never heard of most of them LOL

articos

I know. I had to show a lot of self control in there. I came away with a really nice quality, IMO, light jacket. I'm going to New York at the end of the month (for my birthday) and I'm pretty sure they have one there soooo ..... lol but then I have to bring it all home .... I also saw a Kiehls so I can understand why some who live in an actual city know all these stores and don't get excited about them but I've never heard of most of them LOL
They have more than a few stores in NYC. They started their US roll out originally in NYC and SF.

Kman101

There are a handful that always seem empty.

I noticed that as well. But Steve says most/all seem to be doing just fine. Probably with the prices in some they don't need to have a lot of sales. I guess looks can also be deceiving? LOL. I was surprised when he posted that as I had posted before I noticed a lot were empty but it's not like I'm standing there keeping track of them either.

matt9112

I noticed that as well. But Steve says most/all seem to be doing just fine. Probably with the prices in some they don't need to have a lot of sales. I guess looks can also be deceiving? LOL. I was surprised when he posted that as I had posted before I noticed a lot were empty but it's not like I'm standing there keeping track of them either.

True but we also have no idea what rent is....if rent isn't really that much more than a nice mall like say milenia than for sure they are making money. But if there's a high mickey tax those lower volume stores may not be doing as well. The raw foot traffic this place will have 365 makes total failure hard in my opinion.
I bet sales year round are much more stable that the seasonal sales malls are built on.

Next Big Thing

STK seems to be the only new restaurant that is struggling. Uniqlo and Under Armour are doing EXTREMELY well. The only other thing I've heard is the level success that Disney Springs as a whole has seen has exceeded TDO's expectations. And caused new capacity issues (parking issues all over again).
I've actually noticed STK drawing much larger crowds of late now that they've been opening the retractable door at the front of the restaurant, allowing passerby's to see in that it's a restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom