Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

I think the natural place for a Frozen land in one of the domestic parks would be Disneyland. They could demo Submarine Voyage and use part of that space to create a Frozen Land using the Matterhorn as a backdrop. And use the rest of the space for a Tomorrowland overhaul/ expansion (Tron coaster?).

Plus in Florida they already have a Frozen attraction at Epcot. I could maybe see them adding a Frozen show to DHS but a whole land seems a bit unlikely.

HanSoloDolo

It’ll never happen but turn animation courtyard into Duckburg. Give a dark ride and meet and greets for the triplets, Scrooge, launchpad, and darkening duck. After that blow up dinoland. But I’m sure that the return investment on building a land based on a tv show that is about to have its final season is not great. Yet, this did not stop them with Kim Possible and Agent P world showcase adventure as both of those experiences came when the shows were near the end, if I am not mistaken.

HanSoloDolo

I can see Disney execs arguing “we can’t make animation courtyard into an immersive land! We just spent ALL that money on our fancy new sign!”

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

I think the natural place for a Frozen land in one of the domestic parks would be Disneyland.

giphy.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of course with the “success” of beauty and the beast they will probably drop the live actors that make the show worth going to when the next round of cuts comes....

There is no narrative structure that would make the Frozen singalong work without live actors.

The BatB singalong only works (and I use that term loosely) because they created new animation to frame the singalong.

Surferboy567

Well...some news. I’m not even sure if it’s related to this but it sounds kinda similar. On the latest episode of Disney Dish, Jim Hill said to “watch the space between animation courtyard and rock n roll”. Again, it could not have anything to do with Pixar but then again you never know.

Also this is a rumor, so treat the above as such. With the chronavirus scares...who knows what could get greenlit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well...some news. I’m not even sure if it’s related to this but it sounds kinda similar. On the latest episode of Disney Dish, Jim Hill said to “watch the space between animation courtyard and rock n roll”. Again, it could not have anything to do with Pixar but then again you never know.

Also this is a rumor, so treat the above as such. With the chronavirus scares...who knows what could get greenlit.

Not news.

Jim has been hawking that rumor for a decade with Monstropolis. Eventually he'll be right (if not Monstropolis, something else). Until then, he's been long-time wrong.

Also, isn't this the same guy you reported as saying projects are being halted because of Corona Virus?

Seems contradictory.

Seems Jim Hill.

And this is why we generally have stopped reporting what Jim Hill says.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Not news.

Jim has been hawking that rumor for a decade with Monstropolis. Eventually he'll be right (if not Monstropolis, something else). Until then, he's been long-time wrong.

Also, isn't this the same guy your reported as saying projects are being halted because of Corona Virus?

Seems contradictory.

Seems Jim Hill.

And this is why we generally have stopped reporting what Jim Hill says.

Yep same person...I can definitely agree with it being contradictory. Definitely worth talking about though.

Ripken10

Yep same person...I can definitely agree with it being contradictory. Definitely worth talking about though.
He was being rhetorical with that question. He knew who you were referring to. Most of us do. His point (and I agree) is what Jim Hill says here is "not worth talking" about because he always says it.

jt04

Saw some YouTube footage of the after hours Pixar event at DCA. Looked like people were really enjoying the Pixar IP all through the park. Pretty sure this is also serving as a test for the use of the IP at wdw potentially. There definitely was a buzz in the air.😁

PS- using the fountains to showcase 'the music of Pixar' was genius. 💡👏

rreading

OK. I'll bite. Why do you think Frozen land would balance out DHS? I ask because I have similar thoughts but regarding a different IP. Possibly for the same reasons. Why do you think Frozen land a good fit for DHS?

I suspect that I agree with you. Take away the shows and DHS is a bit of a boy’s area at this point (though my 15yo daughter thinks it’s great).
Some aspect of princess-ness/femininity probably needs to be maintained.

But the amount of Frozen at WDW is sufficient imho. Something else would be nice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom