Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

BlakeW39

Pixar isn't a thematic identity, it's a studio... one that makes an assortment of totally unrelated films. What would a Pixar-themed land even be? It makes no sense. Pixar isn't a theme. That said DHS obviously needs more than it currently has so I wouldn't mind seeing something.

NateD1226

YouTube just suggested a video by MickeyViews about a Pixar Pier style area rumours for the park.

The article is clickbait, the thumbnail laughable.

I was very triggered when i saw it

E439AAC7-312A-493B-91A7-73737E9B6B6F.jpeg

wdwgreek

Hollywood Studios despite the two most recent expansions still suffers from the same problem it suffered in 1989 it was incredibly under built. Even sunset boulevard was never able to fix the underlying systemic issue with this park. Beyond being grossly underbuilt , Disney's rush to build two high draw lands and to replace a high capacity opening day attraction with a lower capacity modern attraction has resulted in a glut of popularity that the park is woefully unequipped for. This park desperately needs some flat rides and d and c level attractions. Additionally the park need s a thematic analysis, hollywood apparently just means anything from a movie which is so broad I can drive a truck through it. At least a Pixar alley will expand walking space and hopefully ad a flat ride or two. I'm all for this

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hollywood Studios despite the two most recent expansions still suffers from the same problem it suffered in 1989 it was incredibly under built. Even sunset boulevard was never able to fix the underlying systemic issue with this park. Beyond being grossly underbuilt , Disney's rush to build two high draw lands and to replace a high capacity opening day attraction with a lower capacity modern attraction has resulted in a glut of popularity that the park is woefully unequipped for. This park desperately needs some flat rides and d and c level attractions. Additionally the park need s a thematic analysis, hollywood apparently just means anything from a movie which is so broad I can drive a truck through it. At least a Pixar alley will expand walking space and hopefully ad a flat ride or two. I'm all for this

Everyone says how much WDW needs more C and D rides... until WDW builds them. Then they're derided for not being as themed or as thrilling or as complex as an E ride.

FigmentJedi

Pixar isn't a thematic identity, it's a studio... one that makes an assortment of totally unrelated films. What would a Pixar-themed land even be? It makes no sense. Pixar isn't a theme.
A "Pixar City", since Pixar has largely avoided the traditional "Cardinal Realm" genre settings in favor of movies set in a modern human city often viewed from some whimsical talking animal/non-human perspective. People have been complaining for years about Disney using Tomorrowland as "Hufflepuff for Pixar movies like Nemo and Monsters", might as well give the Pixar movies their own little community.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! I've constantly heard about it on youtube videos and other forums and I just wanted to make sure if its actually correct.
There was something going around about replacing part of the Animation building with a specific Pixar attraction but that was two years ago. Was also a case of if this happened something else wouldn’t, or if something else didn’t happen then this could.

I need an abbreviation for that.

The Grand Inquisitor

There was something going around about replacing part of the Animation building with a specific Pixar attraction but that was two years ago. Was also a case of if this happened something else wouldn’t, or if something else didn’t happen then this could.

I need an abbreviation for that.
Wow that's very interesting! I really cannot wait to see what Disney has in store for the park in the future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Muppets and a Indy land! :)

lazyboy97o

Changing the Sunset Ranch Market into Pixar (or any other theme) is a terrible idea. It would really screw up the remaining theme of Hollywood Studios. That theme has already been ignored in places, but the whole front of the park still embraces the LA/Old Hollywood theme, and the Sunset Ranch Market is part of that -- it's basically a tiny version of the farmer's market in LA.

You can currently walk from the entrance of the park to the Tower of Terror without ever leaving that theme. Changing the Sunset Ranch Market would have you leave "LA", enter a fake Pixar area, and then go back into "LA" for the Tower of Terror.
Monster’s University: Tower of Laughs. Problem Solved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom