Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

Surferboy567

Agreed!
What I find interesting in this thread is the amount of posters commenting on the need of more attractions no matter how insignificant. People want to visit DHS but they don't want to wait hours in line just to get on some "epic" attractions. It seems that the crowd eating shows aren't holding guests attention much and I kind of feel the return/rideability of these aging dinos are coming to an end.
Maybe it's time for the Mouse to consider some flat attractions that could be anchored by an IP or other theme that will at least give the little ones something to do outside of the shows and a couple rides.

I don’t think flat rides are the answer. Disney is more then capable of making meaningful family attractions.

NiarrNDisney

I don’t think flat rides are the answer. Disney is more than capable of making meaningful family attractions.

True! Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind seeing a well themed Carousel or the removal of and retheme of Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Yes I'm aware both are flat/spinners but there are some areas in the park in need of some kinetic energy.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This is what I predicted last year
  • The current Pixar Place becomes a backstage area
  • The entrance to Pixar Place is moved, replacing the entrance to the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.
  • The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is re-themed to the Incredibles
  • Pathway created linking this new area to the animation courtyard
  • The quick-service food food stands on Sunset boulevard are re-themed after Pixar properties. Similar to Pixar Pier.
  • A new attraction is added to the area (family friendly ride with no height limit).
View attachment 452101
View attachment 452102

No.

doctornick

I don’t think flat rides are the answer. Disney is more then capable of making meaningful family attractions.

I'd much prefer some nice Fantasyland style small scale dark rides, but I wouldn't be upset to see some additional flat rides added to DHS.

Honestly, I think a nice simple (and affordable) land would be a Toontown, putting in the Roger Rabbit Ride and bringing back Mr Toad with maybe one flat ride and some M&Gs. That would be an easy additional that I think would be real received despite the small scale and would compliment the existing offerings in the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here's my best guess as to how this whole thing plays out.

1) Pixar Studios sign moved and a new one constructed at the entrances to this area
2) One Man's Dream replaced with the black box/ flex ride they are building for Epcot's Play Pavilion
3) Monsters Inc Laugh floor is moved to HS and replaces Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4) Launch Bay replaced with Pixar Animation experience. Similar to the old Magic of Disney Animation attraction.
5) Backstage buildings are replaced with pixar themed flat rides
6). Rock-n-roller coaster gets an Incredicoaster overlay
7) Lightning McQueen Racing Academy
8) Pixar overhaul of Sunset Ranch Market Food Stands
View attachment 452172
Currently, one might happen.

I'm skeptical that Disney management will want to take on yet another large scale expensive project for this park without cutting corners. That proposed overhaul that I posted mostly clones parts of existing attractions (Incredicoaster, Pixar Food Stands, Pixar Flat Rides, Laugh Floor) which cuts down on overhaul R&D costs. I hope I'm wrong and they do something more ambitious.

Boo Birds

The park is in disarray because of too much past neglect. New attractions are nice, but they took the place of old attractions and they all opened too close together. I was there last April and you had like 6 actual rides open. Since then it’s still only 8 (soon to be 9). But 5 of those are still so new that crowds are unreal. I won’t be back until 2022. Hope I can get on all these new attractions by then!

jmuboy

My god, all these theories are horrible, hope this never happens

Edit: In terms of theme this is terrible. I’m all for more to do at DHS, but “Pixar” is not a theme. I would much rather prefer an entire land based on a single world from Pixar. Monsters Inc and Incredibles would both make really cool lands, and Cars Land is proven already.

These ideas are mainly a HOT MESS. I too hope this mess stays out at DL!

RSoxNo1

Just like IP vs original concepts, there needs to be a healthy balance of all ride types. MK has that healthy balance and really just needs a capacity play and maybe something at the top of the thrill charts (although TRON will likely satisfy that). The other parks with a few exceptions are primarily D's and E's.

Bocabear

My bet out of all ideas listed would be moving the sign#1 because it would be the cheapest and that seems to be the route they are taking with everything... There are so many great things the could do, but I think what is in the works is going to be it...

UNCgolf

Changing the Sunset Ranch Market into Pixar (or any other theme) is a terrible idea. It would really screw up the remaining theme of Hollywood Studios. That theme has already been ignored in places, but the whole front of the park still embraces the LA/Old Hollywood theme, and the Sunset Ranch Market is part of that -- it's basically a tiny version of the farmer's market in LA.

You can currently walk from the entrance of the park to the Tower of Terror without ever leaving that theme. Changing the Sunset Ranch Market would have you leave "LA", enter a fake Pixar area, and then go back into "LA" for the Tower of Terror.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Changing the Sunset Ranch Market into Pixar (or any other theme) is a terrible idea. It would really screw up the remaining theme of Hollywood Studios. That theme has already been ignored in places, but the whole front of the park still embraces the LA/Old Hollywood theme, and the Sunset Ranch Market is part of that -- it's basically a tiny version of the farmer's market in LA.

You can currently walk from the entrance of the park to the Tower of Terror without ever leaving that theme. Changing the Sunset Ranch Market would have you leave "LA", enter a fake Pixar area, and then go back into "LA" for the Tower of Terror.
Don’t believe the click bait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom