Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

sissa216

Ask and ye shall recieve. Its not a great photoshop job, I did it real quick.

my.php

:lol:
you need to add a hat on the top left.
the yellow umbrellas in front almost look like yellow shoes :lookaroun

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I usually stay out of wand discussions, as it's usually biased and unfounded information that is presented.

Something about this is different -- Lee is quiet....too quiet...he knows something but "can't" tell us. He keeps hinting at certain nuggets of information as they come out as truth, which makes me believe this discussion is different, and somehow credible.

Maybe it is time. I never minded the wand, but wouldn't mind see SSE returned to it's former glory.

Lee

Adventurer
Something about this is different -- Lee is quiet....too quiet...

Ooooohhhhh....I like how that sounds creepy.:drevil:

Ok. I'll talk a bit.
Money is the issue. Specifically, who would be paying the wand-removal bill, Seimens or Disney, and if it's Disney where does the budget come from? The restrictions I am under relates to that, so I can't yet either confirm or deny that the issue has been resloved. If resolved....done deal.

When my sources tell me it's all worked out, and give me the ok....I'll tell the whole story. Not much left to tell...just some details. What I find kinda funny is that some people who would never publicly criticize the wand, actually played a part in plotting it's demise. Good stuff.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Makes me wonder how much would wand upkeep cost (painting, weatherprofing, lighting, electrical checks / maintainence, foundation and structural checks) over x ammount of years be as opposed to removing it....?

dxwwf3

Ok. I'll talk a bit.
Money is the issue. Specifically, who would be paying the wand-removal bill, Seimens or Disney, and if it's Disney where does the budget come from? The restrictions I am under relates to that, so I can't yet either confirm or deny that the issue has been resloved. If resolved....done deal.

When my sources tell me it's all worked out, and give me the ok....I'll tell the whole story. Not much left to tell...just some details. What I find kinda funny is that some people who would never publicly criticize the wand, actually played a part in plotting it's demise. Good stuff.

Thanks Lee :sohappy:

It's not too often that something like this happens and I think it's hard for a lot of us not to get extremely excited. Hopefully "the issue" will be resolved soon and the "done deal" can finally happen.

BwanaBob

I will believe NOTHING untill the day I see this Thread:

Merf Finds Submitted County Permit to Kill Wand

...with the attached link and PDF, of course.

Bratstarman

Ok. I'll talk a bit.

I suggest we take up a collection here. Then money won't be an issue!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Ok. I'll talk a bit.

Thanks for clarifying - I know you can't always speak on what you know, but I know that if all you can do is hint, that you know something big.:king:

Figment571

Ok. I'll talk a bit.

I'm a ..........:brick:

tirian

Ok. I'll talk a bit.

Consider this post to be verification of everything Lee said.

p.s. Siemens was here last week, observing Guests in the SSE post-show and discussing future plans.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You should have told me tirian - even by just a pm - I would of been there with my face painted in Siemen's colors, pom poms and coming up with a cheer... like..

Siemens! Siemens!
You're our savior -
Lovin' Epcot is good behavior!
Goooooo Siemens!

Figment571

Maybe if we bug Siemens enough about it maybe they'll take it down. I f they don't well it involves pickets, fire, and some illegal explosives:lookaroun:lookaroun.....................:lookaroun:D

brkgnews

For whatever you feel it's worth... this was posted over on LaughingPlace by Spirit of 74, whom Lee has said has decent inside knowledge...
I've been told that new Epcot VP Jim MacPhee is 'adament' that the wand is coming down no matter who pays ... I'm also told as soon as he got the job he went on a major push to do something for Epcot's 25th, but just this week was shot down by ... who else? ... the IDIOTS in WDW Marketing.

Food for thought? Or just table scraps?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
For whatever you feel it's worth... this was posted over on LaughingPlace by Spirit of 74, whom Lee has said has decent inside knowledge...

Wand scrap surely?

However the idea of a mobile wand with full pyro effects seems to have caught on, the mobile crane platform is being modified to carry changeable side panels so that the support can be themed to whatever icon its parked next to. The themeing for Hester and Chester is fantastic, its made to look like rusting old tow truck.

ToTBellHop

I guess marketing would rather focus on their existing investment, the YoaMD--makes sense, but it still sucks. I'm sure if he's so adamant about it, though, that they can set something small up.

haveyoumetmark

Any new Wand info is food for thought IMO, but I'll give Marketing the benefit of the doubt on this one because I think they've been genius so far this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom