Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
Hey y'all,

Im here in rainy disney world, using the $9.95 a day internet service. But, i have some very exciting news.

As I left Magic Kingdom, Me and my folks decided to used the monorail service to head over to Epcot for some fine Mexican dining. We ended up getting to sit in the front with the pilot of the monorail, and happened to grab a juicy bit of information about the INFAMOUS wand and its future.

*information was given by a castmember, so please take with grain of salt*

The pilot of the monorail informed us (as we were getting closer to epcot) that Disney execs informed them that the wand would be coming down (sooner rather then later) and they would be re-routing the monorail so that it wouldnt go around the big ball during construction. No specific date was given, but the monorail pilots were given notice so they know about their new paths to Epcot.

so, there it is folks! almost official news....get excited!!! I have a feeling it will be coming down as SSE is down for refurbishment. Have a magical day!

-WelcomeHome OKW aka Garrett

mousermerf

Account Suspended
New path? It can only go one way... and then reverse. They can operate a shuttle mode (and i'm one of the few folks who can say they've actualy ridden that way to Epcot), but that would greatly hamper capacity.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
New path? It can only go one way... and then reverse. They can operate a shuttle mode (and i'm one of the few folks who can say they've actualy ridden that way to Epcot), but that would greatly hamper capacity.

Thanks, I was confused a moment about a NEW path ! Monorail expansion in order to remove the wand? :brick:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Not sure that would be necessary. They didn't do that when it went up, did they?

I dunno. I know they can shuttle, but the stations aren't purpose-built for it. Indicators that the drivers use to know where to stop to line up with the gates and such don't exist if you drive the monorail "backwards."

They literally have to guess.

Edit: To clarify, the monorails can go both directions and everything they need to operate the train is in both ends. If you're riding back and forth on a line, shuttling, they'll change which end they drive in. However the stations are designed to only have visual guides and such for what would normally be the front car. You could "reverse" into a station just fine, but driving forwards "the wrong way" (as would be needed for shuttling) has no guides.

EPCOT.nut

YES! *Runs and checks all cameras for batteries*

I can't wait to get a picture of the Dome without the wand. Trying all angles it is so hard to get rid of the towering wand. OH happy day!

What if they replace it with something dorkier? I really don't want the monorail re-routed. That stinks! POO But if that's the price we have to pay to get rid of Mickey on the Dome then fine. Get on with it.

WDWRLD

Reroute the monorail, they havent even built any more monorail to service other locations mainly because of cost, so why would they spend a PILE of money to make a temporary monorail track that would take way longer to construct than the removal of the wand in the first place? Moving a monorail beam seems like it would be just a little more complicated than laying down some road base and some asphalt for a termporary street, but thats just my thoughts. If I remember correctly the monorail was in service during the construction of it in the first place wasnt it?

imagineer boy

Could this be the first time a Disney transportation cast member states a correct rumor? :lookaroun *crosses fingers*

If that's the case then Monorail drivers: 1, Bus Drivers: 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To repeat very clearly..

Rerouting a monorail just means operating in shuttle mode. From A to B and then B to A by driving the train the opposite way. In this case, the train would avoid ever entering Epcot.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't really see why this would even be necessary, as it will come down ALOT faster than it went up.

It could probably be done in one evening without even interferring with monorail traffic at all. :shrug:

askmike1

Ignoring the fact that the thread title is extremely misleading (considering this is backed only by a CM rumor)..... as merf said, how can you learn a new path? It's not like a bus where you can take a different route, monorails are kind of stuck to one path each. Now yes, they can shuttle, but that is definitely not a new path.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ignoring the fact that the thread title is extremely misleading (considering this is backed only by a CM rumor)..... as merf said, how can you learn a new path? It's not like a bus where you can take a different route, monorails are kind of stuck to one path each. Now yes, they can shuttle, but that is definitely not a new path.

Post #3.

dxwwf3

Again, it's still just a CM rumor, but this baby really is picking up steam. It's a very exciting time to be a Disney fan :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Come to think of it..

Option 2 is to run one-way service with multiple monorails, simply sending it into Epcot empty so that if the wand comes down it'll land on the monorail and driver but everyone else is spared ;)

sittle

Thank goodness....

I hope this is not some evil lie... please let this be for real... can anyone else confirm this is absolutely true... How about 2 cents from Martin?

radiohost

How Soon Will This Happen???????????????

Radiohost:cool:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Why are we all getting so jumpy over nothing more than a CM rumor? We know how reliable they are....

(nothing against the original poster, mind you, who is just reporting what they heard.)

Expo_Seeker40

The only way I see shuttle service being used is... as a percaution for possibly extra equipment used to take down the letters or stars. It would be easier to take the wand down that to put it up. Perhaps the shuttle service would be used for only a slight time so that the wand could come down say within 2 weeks rather than over a month? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom