RUMOR MILL: Lucasfilm Possibly Considering A STAR WARS TV Show Set During Mace Windu's Early Years

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

For the most part, Disney has avoided revisiting the Star Wars prequels since acquiring Lucasfilm because the studio is no doubt well aware of how divisive those movies are. Now, though, we have a sequel trilogy which has arguably split opinions to an even greater degree, and the future of the franchise on the big screen remains as uncertain as ever.

On the plus side, things are certainly looking up for Star Wars fans on Disney+, and it seems we can now add a possible Mace Windu series to the list of shows reportedly coming to the streaming service.

In a rumour shared by The Direct, it's claimed that Lucasfilm is reportedly looking to develop a project revolving around a young Mace Windu. It's said that the studio would enlist a younger actor to play that version of the character, but Samuel L. Jackson will still have some sort of role in the series.

It's intriguing to think Windu might have somehow survived that attack at the hands of Anakin Skywalker and the then Chancellor Palpatine, but VFX could easily be used to de-age the actor.

This is very much a rumour, and should be taken as such, especially as the project is supposedly in the very early stages of development.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For the most part, Disney has avoided revisiting the Star Wars prequels since acquiring Lucasfilm because the studio is no doubt well aware of how divisive those movies are.

Ok... sure...

erasure fan1

It's intriguing to think Windu might have somehow survived that attack at the hands of Anakin Skywalker and the then Chancellor Palpatine, but VFX could easily be used to de-age the actor.
I might be in the minority, but the whole idea of Windu surviving, is just so unappealing to me. Could it be cool? Yea, maybe. But it's one of those things that in the long run, makes little sense. If he survived, we would have heard from him. A mention, a hint, something. I'm sure lots of jedi went into hiding, but Mace was amongst the most powerful so it makes little sense he would not have come back to help. They could make it work, but I think there are more interesting stories to tell.

I wouldn't mind seeing a young Mace story. But I would prefer they tell a story revolving around a few jedi from that period, not just Mace. Also, I think a young Mace story might suffer from the same thing that hindered Solo for a lot of people. Sam Jackson is a pretty iconic actor. And I fear it could come off as a bad impression or just not feel like the original character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom