Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Magenta Panther

Just sayin', if anyone here thinks that a potential Biden AA won't generate as much audience resentment as the Trump one, you're kidding yourselves. Florida is a red state. I remember the undercurrent I felt when the old Obama AA spoke, every time I visited the attraction. I hate to say it, but maybe this nation is now too fractured politically for HOP to not be a trigger for fools. Times have changed, and not for the better. General respect for the office of President has gone out the window, perhaps forever. For that reason, perhaps it's time that Disney dispenses with the new-President-speaks schtick and just let Lincoln speak. That should be a lot less controversial.

Although, come to think of it, rioters across the country are starting to pull down Lincoln statues now...

:rolleyes:

GimpYancIent

If Disney caves in and gets rid of HoP, I would be deeply deeply deeply disappointed in them.
HoP can be livened up, updated yet go retro just have add these guy's as MC's.
1604876441894.png

Lilofan

Just sayin', if anyone here thinks that a potential Biden AA won't generate as much audience resentment as the Trump one, you're kidding yourselves. Florida is a red state. I remember the undercurrent I felt when the old Obama AA spoke, every time I visited the attraction. I hate to say it, but maybe this nation is now too fractured politically for HOP to not be a trigger for fools. Times have changed, and not for the better. General respect for the office of President has gone out the window, perhaps forever. For that reason, perhaps it's time that Disney dispenses with the new-President-speaks schtick and just let Lincoln speak. That should be a lot less controversial.

Although, come to think of it, rioters across the country are starting to pull down Lincoln statues now...

That's incorrect. Lincoln statues were being pulled down in October in Portland.

EPCOTCenterLover

I’ve always found the World Showcase representations to be presented through an American lens. The things that are highlighted (as being interesting, beautiful, curious, or unique) about each country seem to be selected for the contrast they provide to typical American culture. Cultures have unique perspectives on other cultures, after all. But I think this is behind much of the “stereotype” accusation comes from. Thoughts?

It’s totally fine to disagree with my half-baked (and often uninformed) opinions!

The reason I think it’s time for something different is that the stage is getting really crowded. If we don’t hear from James Garfield or William Howard Taft, why do we need AA of them taking up space on the platform?

Honestly the only thing that makes the scene of all the presidents together on stage at the same time a “wow” moment for me is that it shows in stark contrast how dominated our government has been by white men.
Because my last name is Taft. 😂😂😂

RSoxNo1

It depends if they think its still a Covid risk or if the park needs the capacity.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a Clinton/Bush.

I’d be surprised if post-President Trump’s limited motion figure wasn’t already designed. Also, don’t they usually reuse the same structure for each President?

I really could see this being a quick refurb where they add Trump to the gallery, throw Biden in with a speech, and call it a day. The current show/film is definitely good to run for the next few years.

Since 1993 we've had 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans with speaking roles. I think it's fair to stop it now.

If Disney caves in and gets rid of HoP, I would be deeply deeply deeply disappointed in them.
No, it's time to come up with a different angle for the show. I would absolutely accept a show where the sitting president doesn't speak. Having said that, if the sales pitch was made today (irrespective of the show's content), the show simple doesn't get made. It's a low draw show that requires an update every 4-8 years to stay relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

No, it's time to come up with a different angle for the show. I would absolutely accept a show where the sitting president doesn't speak. Having said that, if the sales pitch was made today (irrespective of the show's content), the show simple doesn't get made. It's a low draw show that requires an update every 4-8 years to stay relevant.

When the show was getting updates in the 70s and 80s all they did was add another robot and name to the roll call.

The desire to redo the script, music, narration etc with each new President was another trend started in 1993.

I don't mind if all they do going forward is the basic stuff and keep the current movie/script/narration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disneyhead'71

What are you talking about, the HOP was built and opened between the '68 race riots and Watergate.

America hasn't changed all that much. I think we need the HOP more now than we have in a long time. But it should go back to Lincoln talking about the "United" States of America.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

What are you talking about, the HOP was built and opened between the '68 race riots and Watergate.

America hasn't changed all that much. I think we need the HOP more now than we have in a long time. But it should go back to Lincoln talking about the "United" States of America.

Yes, just use the Lincoln figure, as I mentioned. An icon beloved by most rational people, whatever their political persuasion (barring the jerks in Portland).

I still think America's very hostile and angry right now, at a level I've never seen throughout my lifetime. But to each his own.

Admiral01

Premium Member
And there's the Lincoln statue in D.C. depicting the President emancipating a slave that a lot of people want to get rid of...

The problem with the statue here in Washington is how the freed slaves are depicted. Lincoln isn’t the issue, the depiction of the slaves is.

This article from DCist does a good job describing the situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom