Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

brb1006

Unpopular reaction, but honestly I fell asleep during the animated section. The whole film felt like it had pacing issues to me, but that whole sequence really dragged on.
Probably the most amount of screen time 2D animation has gotten in a very long time.

Speedy71

I want Muppets darn it....Muppets don't get alot of love in the parks 😥

muppets-great-moments-in-american-history-1.png

TrainsOfDisney

The more I think about this I think we are forgetting something... IP. Hamilton is now part of the Disney IP brand. Disney isn’t just retheming Splash, they are retheming it to a princess IP (debating how popular or not Princess and the Frog is doesn’t matter... all princess movies are major Disney IP’s).

I think the goal will be to brand HOP with a Disney IP. I’m guessing Disney+ will have more from Lin in the next few years as well.

brb1006

The more I think about this I think we are forgetting something... IP. Hamilton is now part of the Disney IP brand. Disney isn’t just retheming Splash, they are retheming it to a princess IP (debating how popular or not Princess and the Frog is doesn’t matter... all princess movies are major Disney IP’s).

I think the goal will be to brand HOP with a Disney IP. I’m guessing Disney+ will have more from Lin in the next few years as well.
Disney was the distributor of Hamilton

jt04

The Left absolutely hates this country and anything portraying it in a positive light. Disney moving away from Walts love of America is shameful. After Splash mountain and this I am done visiting the parks ever again!

Splash is the wrong example.

Purging any and all patriotism is a mistake. No proof yet that this is the plan.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Ehh... No one goes "hey, I want to goto the John Williams Stunt Show..." because John Williams was the force behind the soundtrack and writing of the music.

Nor does anyone say "Hey, did you get tickets to Joe Rhode Park"

Don't creatively inter-swap creative forces with the actual Intellecutal Property those forces are associated with.

MickeyMouse10

I get the whole "Disney World isn't a museum" bit, but if the changes they are making are worse then the originals. Then we are left with a worse version of Disney World.

Using a museum for an example, People don't say "Take that stupid Mona Lisa painting off the wall, I'm going to put up a finger painting by my 3 year old son Oscar."

FigmentFan82

I get the whole "Disney World isn't a museum" bit, but if the changes they are making are worse then the originals. Then we are left with a worse version of Disney World.

Using a museum for an example, People don't say "Take that stupid Mona Lisa painting off the wall, I'm going to put up a finger painting by my 3 year old son Oscar."
The fact is though, that they are changing things, and there’s nothing we can do about it. I generally hope for the best, though I know we’ve all been burned before. Tiki Room: UNM was obviously not loved by many. I still miss Maelstrom but don’t really hate FEA either. I personally think MMRR looks great from what I’ve seen of ride thru videos and I always had a soft spot for TGMR. I’ve tried to get my wife to do HoP but she’s never been interested. Maybe an update is what it needs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom