Rumor from a Monorail worker.

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
Last Sat. I was leaving the Magic Kingdom and taking the monorail to the TTC and started a conversation with a CM at the station. I asked him what he thought about the new Monoral upgrades that will be happining soon. He looked surprised at me and asked how I knew about the expansion that was coming up. He said that he and his fellow workers only found out about it a few days prior. I told him I didnt know anything about an expansion and was talking about the automated system that was being put in. He then said that was the first phase. He also threw out a figure of 2 billion dollars that got set aside for this.
He also went on to say that all the workers were well aware of how poor a condition all the Monorails were in and that is why they were being updated.

I know nothing beyond what he told me and am full aware he could be blowing smoke up my @ss. While I hope he was correct in his info I am sure that one of our insiders will come in here to tell me otherwise.
As with all Monorail rumors Take it with a LARGE helping of salt.

P.S. I already know I am bad at spelling and grammer, so all sarcastic remarks in that reguard will fall on deaf eyes.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Here is a questsion for the knowledgable ones out there: How does Disney handle large capital investment programs and projects? What kind of return on investment does the board of directors require for a large CapX program? Not that this rumor is true (cool if it was), but a $2B investment in transportation over, say, 10 year or 20 years, doesn't seem that large. What was DCA, like $1.5B over the course of 5 years? What return on investment are they seeing from that so far, what is the target %, and over how many years? For that matter, was the original monorail expansion, from the TTC to EPCOT, part of the EPCOT construction budget, or was that a separate CapX project? I know how the aerospace and defense industries do it...is a company like Disney in the entertainment industry the same?

TDL

This is likely just concerning the DTD/I4 line that is on the table (and which wouldn't connect to the current system) rather than a possible new line to DHS, AK, and/or more hotels.

Cmdr_Crimson

grain-of-salt.jpg

Jimmy Thick

This is old news, a bus driver told me about it years ago...

Jimmy Thick- First heard it when Disney was trying to get Potter...

Figment1986

IF the resort was going to expand the monorail system, they would need to order new trains to go with it... those 12 trains cannot support a bigger system with their current set up... However it would be pretty expensive to but so few new monorails too...

P.S. With all this salt being thrown around my french fries now need ketchup.

mickeysbrother

IF the resort was going to expand the monorail system, they would need to order new trains to go with it... those 12 trains cannot support a bigger system with their current set up... However it would be pretty expensive to but so few new monorails too...

P.S. With all this salt being thrown around my french fries now need ketchup.

Well since i am from montreal where bombardier is located. I will try and see if i can get some inside info if they are making new cars or any new projects conserning it. Will keep you guys posted​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom