Rumor: Disney World Indiana Jones Show Closing To Make Room For Star Wars

PhotoDave219

There is a budget for an as-yet unannounced project for DHS.

Well that's very interesting.

I believe that something is up. I believe that something is going on.

My gut says that Indy will stay through the end of the year but others say it's not long for this world.

There's smoke here… but not enough concrete information for me to feel comfortable saying "yes this is going to happen"… You see what I'm getting at?

My people are telling me one thing. You're saying something else. Tikiman is saying something else.

At this point, who the knows.

Mike S

Not what I was told by people working on the project.

Car's Land in Florida is dead but Star Wars Land has a green light.
Good to hear. I would rather have a unique Pixar Place full of different rides than a clone of Cars Land, let DCA keep it as a unique offering. Great to hear about Star Wars too :D

aladdin2007

Problem is they hack away at those budgets till theres not much left. They took the Imagination redo budget for adding Nemo to the seas originally, and so forth. But it does seem like something is cooking.

PhotoDave219

Please tell us more...

Someone anonymously just told me the same thing.

They said the Budget is proposed but not approved.

Edit: Now I have Zero experience dealing with this person and IDFK if they're reliable. And honestly, at this point I'm not saying anything is actually happening until I see approved budget paperwork and a bulldozer moving earth.

Last edited:

Kman101

So, basically, the process of it getting approved is on-going at the moment, budget is there, just not given the actual go-ahead. I'd imagine pitch to approval, with slicing and dicing along the way.

At least we're close to something I suppose, lol. And I really hope tikiman is right in the hat going away. I'm more interested in knowing that than whether SW land is coming (we all "know" it will be, it's just a matter of when exactly).

deix15x8

With Disney now owning the Indiana Jones brand I have to wonder why they would simply remove the show. Their are rumors of a 5 and 6th movie coming in the future, would be dumb to completely remove a franchise they plan to make big again. I could see this happening after an Indy ride comes to Animal Kingdom or some other presence is created but not without any other plans in place. Star Wars is big and I want them to make a land but I'd hope they would be looking at the future a bit more and know what their movie plans are to help with cross marketing and what's in at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom