RUMOR: Disney Buying Hasbro?

billDozer

Disney bought Marvel 2 years before Universal refurbed Spider-man, and if you think Disney won out on the New Fantasyland/Harry Potter front, I think you need to reexamine your world view.
it was just an observation that disney has been in talks about buying everything and its funny that disney and universal are interested in pretty much the same properties and i wasnt saying one was better than the other im very biased toward disney so any comparison wouldnt be fair on my part its just that as soon as universal has plans to do something with a property disney goes and buys the parent company

J03Y

Disney has to have everything Universal Studios has in order to screw them over.

cause Disney doesn't want My Little Pony. hello it's Transformers they want. if they can't have the ride they can sure as hell get the merchandise. ugh i seriously can't believe they're stooping this low just to jab at Universal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney has to have everything Universal Studios has in order to screw them over.

cause Disney doesn't want My Little Pony. hello it's Transformers they want. if they can't have the ride they can sure as hell get the merchandise. ugh i seriously can't believe they're stooping this low just to jab at Universal.

I don't believe "they're stooping this low" at all. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but this whole rumor is based on a single blog post, on MTV's web site no less, 4 months ago and there has not been one piece of coroborating evidince since then. Seems to me if this was going to happen one of the financial news sites would have gotten wind of it my now.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't believe "they're stooping this low" at all. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but this whole rumor is based on a single blog post, on MTV's web site no less, 4 months ago and there has not been one piece of coroborating evidince since then. Seems to me if this was going to happen one of the financial news sites would have gotten wind of it my now.

Agreed. I don't know who bumped this thread, but there hasn't been anything further on this front since November....

DisneyGuyNYC

The success of the Marvel films has nothing to do with Disney. Marvel has stood their ground and retained their anonymity. If they succumb to Disney's pressure we will likely see the same sort of disarray that we see with DC.
I think you mean autonomy but totally agreed. Marvel did all it's resurgence on it's own.

Also, DC and Marvel should NEVER be owned by the same people.

Bparso87

Nothing wrong with that. Mickey has always been kind of lame. I've always been a firm believer that Donald should be the flagship Disney character, not Mickey. Mickey's never been very funny.

Spider-Man, Thor, Kermit the Frog, and Darth Vader add a spark to Disney. These acquisitions are a great thing. Add Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern to that lineup, you've got gold!
Yes then we could have a black cat and cat women M&G purrrr!!!!

Soarin' Over Pgh

i-wr2RZhx-O.jpg
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

Midway through post, there's a photo of a My Little Pony shirt, "LUCKY" being sold in Disneyland.

Anyone have any idea why?!

(and for the record, I'd love to have that shirt. And here, I'll show my geek: That pony's name is Minty)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
From what I've heard, the only way Hasbro would end up as a subsidiary of Disney, would be through a hostal takeover. Currently, they don't want to be purchased.

Actually, EEWWWWWW. G1. Original 6 line. Do your homework ;)

Back on subject... anyone have any idea why this is in a Disney park? Or just a shipping/buying error? Or... am I the only person curious about this, cause it sure feels that way ?
Same thing. xP And if they want to sell pony shirts, slap my face all over them! :D ('G4' where I look dandy and not like an ugly autistic clydesdale!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom