Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seascape

At least Marvel could do F4 right? But I do agree that I’m worried for everything that isn’t Marvel if the acquisition is done...
I am not worried for any of the franchise' Fox owns. I am worried about the cost of movie tickets and merchandise. Disney Fox would have about 40 percent of the box office based on this year and last year' numbers. Again as a Disney stockholder I would love that but as a consumer I have doubts.

lazyboy97o

@marni1971 could the acquisition of Fox and therefore BlueSky lead to a change of heart regarding an attraction being built? Since they could use the Rio franchise for an attraction (I would prefer the Three Caballeros but I do prefer a Río attraction than none)
Like any pavilion content, the sponsor has a lot of influence.

Creathir

@marni1971 could the acquisition of Fox and therefore BlueSky lead to a change of heart regarding an attraction being built? Since they could use the Rio franchise for an attraction (I would prefer the Three Caballeros but I do prefer a Río attraction than none)
I would LOVE this.

I had totally forgotten Blue Sky is owned by Fox.

Creathir

I would much prefer Disney’s own Brazilian character, José Carioca, who’s well received in the country. But maybe that’s just me :p

There is many an IP that didn’t start at Disney but is now home in it...

Avatar... Star Wars... they have their own lands even.

MGM was FULL of IP that didn’t belong to Disney.

Personally, our family loved the Rio movies. They were fun, energetic, and fantastic family films.

They would fit perfectly in a Brazilian based pavilion.

Timothy_Q

Personally, our family loved the Rio movies. They were fun, energetic, and fantastic family films.

Unlike Coco though, Rio is a terrible representation of Brazil.

Coco is a gift for mexicans and their culture (from what I gather from the extremely positive response it has had from mexican audiences), while Rio is purely a film for americans

Brer Oswald

There is many an IP that didn’t start at Disney but is now home in it...

Avatar... Star Wars... they have their own lands even.

MGM was FULL of IP that didn’t belong to Disney.

I never said anything against non-Disney IPs becoming Disney. I just said I much preferred José to Rio, a film that I thought was mediocre at best. I feel like Disney has the perfect opportunity to inject their own character into an original experience here.

Creathir

I never said anything against non-Disney IPs becoming Disney. I just said I much preferred José to Rio, a film that I thought was mediocre at best. I feel like Disney has the perfect opportunity to inject their own character into an original experience here.
Gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I’m sure in either case, it will be an interesting pavilion to explore.

Brer Oswald

I know I’m dreaming here but how about a Peter Pan ride system in a hang glider. Fly over rain forests, Amazon, tons of wildlife and finish over Rio beaches then flying around Christ the Redeemer statue. Then go to the steakhouse of course.
That was what I was thinking too!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ha! That was awesome! :joyfull:
Me, I hated it. Death Vader is not approachable. He does not ride the Tea Cups or Dumbo.

No, no, no! He is the reason why I am afraid to get out of bed sometimes. (He hangs out in the hallway outside my bedroom sometimes. Not sure why.)

I don’t like any of these clips that make him less menacing. He is to be feared; not mocked.

At least that ad is nowhere near as bad as this ....

The light sabre in HM was kind of funny though. ;)

bclane

Me, I hated it. Death Vader is not approachable. He does not ride the Tea Cups or Dumbo.

No, no, no! He is the reason why I am afraid to get out of bed sometimes. (He hangs out in the hallway outside my bedroom sometimes. Not sure why.)

I don’t like any of these clips that make him less menacing. He is to be feared; not mocked.

At least that ad is nowhere near as bad as this ....

The light sabre in HM was kind of funny though. ;)

Oh man, and all this time I thought you were the perfect woman, JenniferS. Now I know you’re only practically perfect in almost every way. Anyhow, I should probably admit I have a couple t-shirts showing Darth Vader enjoying Disney rides and wearing Mickey ears. I know it’s bad but I can’t help it. Does this mean I have to give you back your key to the treehouse? :cry:

Last edited:

Robbiem

I know I’m dreaming here but how about a Peter Pan ride system in a hang glider. Fly over rain forests, Amazon, tons of wildlife and finish over Rio beaches then flying around Christ the Redeemer statue. Then go to the steakhouse of course.

The Brazilian pavilion at the London Olympics actually had an attraction like this where you sat in a hang glider and soared over Rio (it was a bit more like an individual sorin you could control yourself). A lot of fun and would make for a good WS ride esp if you fly over iguazu falls and oscar Niemeyer designed Brasilia

Princess Leia

Nobody had put Feather’s quote over here, so I felt like I should (hope you don’t mind, @Magic Feather )
IIRC, Brazil paperwork is being finalized. UK is in development hell like Stitch, but still projected for WDW50. Hotel is around the same time, if not a bit later than Guardians. The bottom line is. By 2023, expect at least one new pavillion and one new ride (not Rat) in WS. If things get done, both of those number may change to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom