[RUMOR] Agent P's World Showcase Adventure Leaving

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
It is odd that Carmen Sandiego hasn't had a rebirth. But I guess the same can be said for Magic School Bus and a few other nineties nostalgia brands. Carmen Sandiego would be a great IP for Disney to purchase if only to bring back the TV show. The Character would work well for Disney. Surprisingly, Carmen was drawn with Disney influence; her visage being similar to Sleeping Beauty/Aurora with hints of Jessica Rabbit.

Reading a bit more about Carmen online is where things really get interesting. Raymond Portwood, Jr. one of the key inventors of the Carmen character also happened to be a animator for Disney. He worked on Sleeping Beauty (huh), Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan and offered assistance in the drawing of Pinocchio's conscience cricket, Jiminy! Given the precedence, it's a wonder why Disney doesn't already own the IP.

While I'm fairly sure any chances of Carmen making a stop in World Showcase are slim; it would be a perfect replacement for Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? :shrugs: But she could be in Disney World...
Netflix is bringing back the magic school bus from what I hear

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Omg does anyone remember when none of these existed and kids hated EPCOT?
Dont worry, Frozen Ever After is here and apparently kids will be booking trips to Norway and suddenly have a new spark of interest in all the areas of the park that they previously bored them. Yes, Frozens presence will make a child enjoy food in Moroco pavilion and the Glidden paint exhibit in FW!!!!

MaryJaneP

Pendulum swings too far one way or the other with the end of Agent P. Either a hypertechnical Pokémon Go clone using Disney characters, or country-specific items, that requires users to use their own device, or a very simplistic printed item (map/cards). Epcot seems to be devolving, so odds would seem to be on TDO spending less $ than more $ and the printed item being chosen.

Goofyernmost

Pendulum swings too far one way or the other with the end of Agent P. Either a hypertechnical Pokémon Go clone using Disney characters, or country-specific items, that requires users to use their own device, or a very simplistic printed item (map/cards). Epcot seems to be devolving, so odds would seem to be on TDO spending less $ than more $ and the printed item being chosen.
I'm confused, you are saying that Epcot (you remember the stuff of tomorrow) is devolving by following current technical trends and abilities? Today and in the foreseeable future using our own devices for interactive activity, is the opposite of devolving in my mind.

MaryJaneP

I'm confused...

Sorry for causing confusion. Comment was in observing removal of entertaining elements (i.e. original JIYI, etc) and other demolition (i.e. original entrance fountain, FW, SSE, Horizons, BW, etc) that higher probability was to replace Agent P with less costly option, if any replacement was to happen at all. Not ruling out other end of pendulum swing as possible, just unlikely in our opinion. People can certainly believe what has transpired and will likely continue to transpire, is progress and evolution. Not everyone thinks it so. Maybe we are in minority and are the only ones to feel things are getting worse.

Goofyernmost

Sorry for causing confusion. Comment was in observing removal of entertaining elements (i.e. original JIYI, etc) and other demolition (i.e. original entrance fountain, FW, SSE, Horizons, BW, etc) that higher probability was to replace Agent P with less costly option, if any replacement was to happen at all. Not ruling out other end of pendulum swing as possible, just unlikely in our opinion. People can certainly believe what has transpired and will likely continue to transpire, is progress and evolution. Not everyone thinks it so. Maybe we are in minority and are the only ones to feel things are getting worse.
I understand, however, we cannot expect things not to change. I loved the original Epcot and spend many days there. My first visit was in February 1983, just a few months after it opened. Many of the attractions that everyone is lamenting were not open or even existed yet. I went year after year and as they added thing it all seemed to morph into something that had always been there. It was comfortable and familiar, but over time it also got boring and the original lines had gone, the popularity of the attractions for whatever reason, declined and change was inevitable. What happened to Epcot is that the mood of the public had changed shortly after or perhaps because of the contents and intentions of the Park. Where do you go from where it was.

I've heard over and over about how they could have upgraded and modernized the existing attractions, but, with what? So many things like the projections of the future in Horizons, still, to this day, haven't happened, so that couldn't have been the reason why it lost it's popularity, as some say, because it was dated. How can something that hasn't happened be dated? Epcot lost it's focus! It lost a focus that even though some of us understood and enjoyed, it wasn't touching enough people to keep it going. WoM was a history! How do you change history? Universe of Energy was a cross section of how we harvest some basic energy sources. What has changed about that recently that could be explained in an entertaining way? Imagination pretty much reached it's pinnacle of perfection on the day it opened. Other then fixing the turntable to be dependable, (although in all the times I rode it over the years it always functioned perfectly) Imagination was explained as well as it could be. We are the ones that had to have the imagination to make it work. The land hasn't changed much to speak of. Except for adding the Soarin ride, not very much is different from opening day. The Seas... A late addition to Epcot is still about the sea and really a gigantic aquarium (at one time the largest in the world, Atlanta has it beat and Dubai blew it out of the water, so to speak.)

Not much has changed except what each country exhibits and even then not much change. After seeing Horizons a couple gazillion times. I have to say that after the initial Horizon show wore on, I like Mission: Space better. Wonders of Life had two interesting rides, but, everything else was a snore for everyone except kids. Mostly the ones that wanted to know how they were made.;)

Maybe, they can solidly redefine the mission of Epcot, however, we have to let go of the idea that it could ever be the EPCOT of old. That ship left the dock long ago. As good as it might have been, it was not sustainable. They have still managed to keep things at least somewhat along the same lines of the original, but, it could not sustain itself even back in the mid 90's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom