[RUMOR] Agent P's World Showcase Adventure Leaving

Bacon

Original Poster
Ok let me say I have seen A lot of the Kiosks being removed My proof is right here around the 6:00 mark

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
This makes me really sad. We loved playing along with it on both of our trips last year, and it really helped me keep my 5 year old interested in being in the World Showcase. Hopefully if they do away with it they will replace with something. When we went in September they had done away with the little devices that they handed out and it was simply a website that you visited from your smartphone.

Jon81uk

Would be nice if it was relaunched (maybe a Zootopia or similar overlay) and then Disney provided a link to the mobile website on the app so everyone can start playing easily.

Bolt

The need for as much Cast seemed to get smaller when they allowed you to use your own phone, too.

Luigi

Its still listed as an attraction on the official website...minus Norway.

Clues will lead you through one of the following destinations:

• China Pavilion
  • France Pavilion
  • Germany Pavilion
  • Italy Pavilion
  • Japan Pavilion
  • Mexico Pavilion
  • United Kingdom Pavilion

Cmdr_Crimson

Still wish Disney obtained the rights to this as it would work SO MUCH better in World Showcase.....
Where-in-the-World-is-Carmen-Sandiego.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Still wish Disney obtained the rights to this as it would work SO MUCH better in World Showcase.....

There wasn't a "Definitely YES!!!" button on the forum so I had to settle for just "LIKE"ing your post. That would be perfect. I think the idea's been tossed around on the forum before. Surely Disney has thought about it. I envision a new gameshow on Disney XD to help tie-in the new IP. Doo ett Disney! This one. Wasn't there a movie planned? I wonder which studio... Nope. It was THIS CLOSE to being a Disney movie back in the late 90s.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

There wasn't a "Definitely YES!!!" button on the forum so I had to settle for just "LIKE"ing your post. That would be perfect. I think the idea's been tossed around on the forum before. Surely Disney has thought about it. I envision a new gameshow on Disney XD to help tie-in the new IP. Doo ett Disney! This one. Wasn't there a movie planned? I wonder which studio... Nope. It was THIS CLOSE to being a Disney movie back in the late 90s.

In 2011 Jennifer Lopez was at one point attached to play as Carmen Sandiego but, then was to be just a producer...
http://deadline.com/2011/11/walden-media-and-jennifer-lopez-team-up-on-carmen-sandiego-190691/

If it did happen you could get Rock-a-Pella do the clues for the game and especially just to hear that song once again!

TiggerDad

This makes me really sad. We loved playing along with it on both of our trips last year, and it really helped me keep my 5 year old interested in being in the World Showcase. Hopefully if they do away with it they will replace with something. When we went in September they had done away with the little devices that they handed out and it was simply a website that you visited from your smartphone.
In December, there was only the one location still existing, and they strongly urged you to use your own smartphone, but they did agree to provide a device if you insisted. The Agent P game is literally the only thing that my 9 year old wants to do in all of Disney. She will be devastated.

DaBears81

What if they introduced Marvel into Epcot this way. You are an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. In the middle of your "mission" an Avenger comes to help or something. It could be animated like the cartoons on Disney XD. Not sure if this violates the deal with Universal and was just a thought. While Marvel doesn't really belong in Epcot I could be ok if it was done this was.

Side note Carmen Sandiego would be perfect and I wish it was there from the beginning!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Where-in-the-World-is-Carmen-Sandiego.jpg

It is odd that Carmen Sandiego hasn't had a rebirth. But I guess the same can be said for Magic School Bus and a few other nineties nostalgia brands. Carmen Sandiego would be a great IP for Disney to purchase if only to bring back the TV show. The Character would work well for Disney. Surprisingly, Carmen was drawn with Disney influence; her visage being similar to Sleeping Beauty/Aurora with hints of Jessica Rabbit.

Reading a bit more about Carmen online is where things really get interesting. Raymond Portwood, Jr. one of the key inventors of the Carmen character also happened to be a animator for Disney. He worked on Sleeping Beauty (huh), Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan and offered assistance in the drawing of Pinocchio's conscience cricket, Jiminy! Given the precedence, it's a wonder why Disney doesn't already own the IP.

While I'm fairly sure any chances of Carmen making a stop in World Showcase are slim; it would be a perfect replacement for Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? :shrugs: But she could be in Disney World...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom