ruins of old disney rides

The ride, along with the rest of the pavillion closed in 2007, I believe.
The simulators are no longer in working condition, and the facility will not reopen in its previous form.

True story. The pavilion, let alone the ride, will never be even close to what it once was. Sadly.

Not that this is anything new, but I know behind Soarin, on the bing aerials you can see a Nautilus and another boat. I had read about that quite a bit ago, but I'm not sure if they're still there...

El Grupo

The ride, along with the rest of the pavillion closed in 2007, I believe.
The simulators are no longer in working condition, and the facility will not reopen in its previous form.

Sorry to take the thread somewhat off topic, but are there any hints/indications that a portion or all of the WoL pavilion will have a new life in the near future? Possibly re-themed?

I understand that UoE and Journey both need attention. Just seems somewhat logical to me to do something with this pavilion first. Then Epcot will have an attraction to absorb some of the crowds as these other pavilions get much needed attention.

Lee

Adventurer
Sorry to take the thread somewhat off topic, but are there any hints/indications that a portion or all of the WoL pavilion will have a new life in the near future? Possibly re-themed?

I understand that UoE and Journey both need attention. Just seems somewhat logical to me to do something with this pavilion first. Then Epcot will have an attraction to absorb some of the crowds as these other pavilions get much needed attention.

No.
WoL is fully under the control of the special events department, and will stay that way until some corporation decides they want to spend money to sponsor it. Disney isn't going to touch it on their own.

goofntink

Saw this thread popped back up. Read posting about the two monorail silver cabs. Wanted to say those weren't scrapped those were kept for spares. They were both reused to replace the totaled cabs from the accident to make monorail peach.

s8film40

Saw this thread popped back up. Read posting about the two monorail silver cabs. Wanted to say those weren't scrapped those were kept for spares. They were both reused to replace the totaled cabs from the accident to make monorail peach.

Not sure where you heard this but it is not true. First of all Disney sold several parts from the cabs on eBay at the same time they sold car 1 of Red. Other parts were put on display and held in the monorail shop for a period of time. Secondly these were Mark IV cabs and completely incompatible with the Mark VI trains, there would be no possible way to use these at least without making a very silly looking monorail train with significant height differences between the cab and car.

Scuttle

I was just looking on bingmaps using bird eye view next to the land pavillion.
I just found one of the long lost 20,000 subs.

Am I seeing what I am seeing?

http://binged.it/yBqXy3

I can't believe I haven't gotten a shot of this yet when I'm up for aerials! What the hell have I been thinking!? To top it off I even took Epcot backstage photos last flight and still didn't even think about it.

Scuttle

Nevermind I guess I did take a shot of behind Soarin and the Land when I was up. This clearly shows that the sub or whatever it was is not there anymore as of 2-9-12.

Attachments

• 2-9-12 054.jpg
    2-9-12 054.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 118

msk0879

correct me if im wrong but i dont think i am that sub that was or is still back there was from the original entry to the living seas ride

Lee

Adventurer
That's one of the subs as well as a Jungle Cruise boat. I saw them on Google Earth a few years ago after I read an online rumor about them.

It's only the top portion of a sub. The one that used to be in the water tank on the Backlot Tour a few years back. It's now used for photo ops at events.

TheDisneyMagic

Nevermind I guess I did take a shot of behind Soarin and the Land when I was up. This clearly shows that the sub or whatever it was is not there anymore as of 2-9-12.

Ahh but this shot is from a completely different angle, looking at the Bing Maps they should be behind the green houses in your photo.

MKCP 1985

There used to be some discarded and abandoned former Country Bear Jamboree animal heads staring up at you from the darkness of the Haunted Mansion.

Where are those photographs? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom