Ruin Your Favorite Rides! (Aka UN-Imagineering)

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
Ok I'm taking a little risk here but I thought we could all get silly and have some fun.

We have a lot of ideas on how to improve attractions/places we feel need it. However here, you get a chance to pick a few of your favorites or just any rides and think of a worst case scenario for an upgrade. It could be something really lame, or just something thats so out there that it confuses everyone!

I know that there are some really creative people here so
I'm really interested in seeing what you guys come up with!

I'll Start off with one of mine. (I'm sure you guys will do better...or worse lol than me but this is just an example I'll think of some more later.)

The Haunted Mansion becomes The Haunted Mansion: Ghost Hunting Adventure!

At the end of 2014, after many rumors, the fences go up around the mansion with signs promising an exciting new experience! When the walls come down people line up to get their first rides on the new Haunted Mansion: Ghost Hunting Adventure!

The first room you enter becomes a dark room filled with shelves of all kinds of goofy ghost catching gadgets....and mickey ears????

The Stretching room door is now painted black and blacklit with a number 13 on it and it says "AV Room". when you go inside there is all kinds of AV stuff and a video plays of two dorky looking guys talking about their new reality TV show and how they are going to infiltrate the mansion of a rich guy on long island and need your cover fire. They show you the "Ghost Evapatizer" which will be attatched to your cars. Suddenly the TV is taken over by "THE GHOST KING!!!" who warns you that he is no "ghost host" and will not take kindly to visitors.

The doom buggies and omni system have been replaced by stop and load roller coaster train looking cars. You get in at a refurbrished loading area that looks like a modern living room with weird things going on (the Tv flickers the 80s music distorts, doors open for no reason). You get on the ride and enter the first room where you shoot some dead girl in a bed and she pops up and goes BOO!! Then you move on to a plasma screen that shows the "Ghost King" giving you more warnings and flying away. Then you go into some other room thats blacklit and shoot some ghosts messing with the rich guy's record collection as he cowers in the corner. The next room is the former endless hallway (with the former candlestick broken on the floor!) where the "Ghost King" takes the nerdy guys from the video hostage You have to shoot him and you get three tries before the ride feels sorry for you and makes your beam bounce off a wall and hit him. But alas! the geeks have landed in a trap door! The "Ghost King" "takes over" the ride and makes it go much faster wizzing you past the former hall of doors so they dont have to put anything in there and to where the seance used to take place.

Instead of the table its the ghost king! and its up to you to defeat him! If you beat him before you exit the room you go one way down a switch track if not you go another way. The winning side allows you to go to the former ballroom and kill all of our former fav ghosts in a modern dining hall. The losing side goes to the graveyard where you "fight your way out". Both culminate in a finally where all seems bleak until an equally nerdy but totally sexy girl comes to blast all the remaining ghosts away. Eventually both tracks meet and unload in the former hitchiking ghosts scene. The former exit is now a gift shop selling unrelated items.

but what ever happened to the nerdy guys....?

When questioned about it the designers simply stated "we hoped the hot chick'd make people forget all about the rest of the ride! amirite?"
--

:D

Big C 73

How about replacing Space Mountain with an attraction called Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Crazy Coaster where you go through the dark hearing "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Digitty-Dog" with characters popping out at you. Talking about weird, or even better creepy. The outside would be shaped like a giant Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Another way to shoehorn characters into Tomorrowland and better enchance thematics! (Sarcasm alert!!!)

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
How about replacing Space Mountain with an attraction called Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Crazy Coaster where you go through the dark hearing "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Digitty-Dog" with characters popping out at you. Talking about weird, or even better creepy. The outside would be shaped like a giant Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Another way to shoehorn characters into Tomorrowland and better enchance thematics! (Sarcasm alert!!!)

LMAO I cant stop laughing about that! scary! but you could tell the people who have kids around who watch the show because there the only ones that wont run out screaming! (desensativity!)

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
I thought of some frightening ones

Turn the country bear jamboree into something based on the movie with rock songs instead of country and a stage with pyrotectics flashing lights and other not fitting in frontierland things.

Turn It's a small world into a rapids ride. There would be no point to it and the motion would not match the scenery. Not only that but you'd get the dolls all wet and ewwy!

Turn spaceship earth into a rollecoaster ride thats sooo similar to space mountain theres just no point!

Redo Epcot to Phineas and Ferbcot with every pavillion themed on the same thing!

Change Livin' With the Land to "Boat!" starring Regis Filbin.

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
This is actually scary and to think you guys thought of it. Imagine what the Imagineeers are thinking. Either that or you all haven't taken your meds today. And P&F are cool .
lol Its easy you just think of what you want to see least. Also I used Imagination's redo as a springboard, which scarily enough, actually happened. As long as the imagineers don't read this thread and think hey thats actually not bad, I think were ok lol.

Oh and thats fine you can just replace P&F with anything and It'd still be a bad idea. :D

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
What about replacing Alien Encounter and putting a Stitch themed attraction in?...... Wha?, uh huh, oh...... Oh God!!! It's real! :mad:

Or Turn the living seas into an attraction where they show plasma screens of nemo errrrrr...........eeeehhhhhhhhh uhhhhh

AHHHH!!

maybe six flags will get some ideas on how to impliment cheap darkrides. just show movies!

Sped2424

OOHOHoHHOHO me me me, having a ride that changes broken effects every time you ride it so you never really know if something was working in the first place or if you are going through a mannequin walk through.

Fairybuzz

Original Poster
LOL!

I thought of another one. Thunder Mountain becomes The Lone Ranger's Wild Adventure. Its exactly the same ride but with hastily added lone ranger props and bad animatronics which will be ruined the first time it rains and never fixed ever again.

When questioned about this the designers simply said "rain? in florida!! come on its the SUNshine state!"

Borrowland: Disney appeases the fans by combining everyone's favorite extinct attractions into one non-sense a thon!

The theme song will go "Once you have taken a dreamflight, Yes you can yes you can! Imagination for me and for you!! It's fun to be tomorrow's child! If you just listen to the veggies we all love! In friendly Mexico!"

Figment takes you on a tour of his musical kitchen before sending you to the future! Where you board a Jetplane and fly on one of those speed tunnels! Suddenly your on mars! and you can see martian cave men blowing on their feet! Figment tells you it's a "grand and miraculous Spaceship Mars" that took you there! Of course with the power of imagination! The ship then takes you to Mexico where you learn that If you had wings you could join the fiesta too! But uh oh! A Mighty Microscope shrinks you and your injected into some guys body! And whats worse Dr. Lair is lost again! With the help of figment and the dreamfinder you search the body and see things through the eyes of the "crew that runs your brain" and safely get her aboard your....bodily....omnimover.... and return to your normal size! And just in time...To get hit by a train!!! you then get bounced under the ocean where you follow captain nemo to seabase alpha and witness a cute sub repair boy talk to his cute gf! Finally you decide you had enough of the future and captain Eo flies you home where you defeat the witch from snow white (wasn't sure how to integrate that!) then at the end you can board a skyride that takes you to a place where a guy named "rocket Rod" is trying to teleport an alien to the moon of endor!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom