Royal Wedding in Spain

Maria

Original Poster
Although I am sad because Prince Phillipe is no longer single, I managed to be awake to watch the wedding live very early this morning.
The bride Letizia now Princess of Asturias, looked very tense... and I don´t blame her, I´d be crying! It was raining so hard when she was about to enter the Cathedral! The protocol states that the groom shouldn´t wait more than five minutes and poor Prince Felipe waited for about fifteen minutes! Finally, Letizia was able to get off the car and enter while the rain kept falling very hard outside.
Her dress from Pertegaz was beautiful in my opinion and very 'Letizia'.... at least that collar was totally her style. She wore the crown that Queen Sofía wore on her wedding day and that her daughters didn´t wear. In the end, they wouldn´t be queens... but Letizia could.

I personally didn´t like many of those big and ugly hats that the women were wearing today... some of them were extremely big that I wonder if those women could see well under them!

Prince Charles went by himself and walked carrying his own umbrella from the Cathedral to the Palace for the reception. Princess Caroline went alone too... I wonder why her husband didn´t go to the ceremony but did go to the previous dinner... maybe the food got him ill the next morning? :lookaroun

I´m glad I didn´t miss it... and even if I did, that´s all I´ve seen on tv here! :lol:

Now I really want to go Madrid! It looks like such a beautiful city! :)

More info and pictures here: http://www.casareal.es/boda/

bcb3d808c2d965264403e268c417ba18.jpg

Wow I guess I don't follow the royals of Spain too much. Didn't realize there was a wedding. My condolances to you Maria for your loss of the prince. LOL...

As long as princess Victoria of Sweden is single I am good to go. :lol: It'll be a sad day for me when she marries.

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by monorailmike
My condolances to you Maria for your loss of the prince. LOL...

As long as princess Victoria of Sweden is single I am good to go. :lol: It'll be a sad day for me when she marries.

Thank you... :cry:

He looked sooooo handsome! :slurp: ...and Letizia looks older than 31! Don´t you think? :p

Pippa

I saw a bit of the wedding on the news yesterday, I love royal families and I'm glad the UK is still a monarchy (even if they don't do that much), it just gives us all a bit of pomp and circumstance every now and then!

And don't worry girls Prince William isn't married yet so there is still an opening for an english princess!

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pippa
And don't worry girls Prince William isn't married yet so there is still an opening for an english princess!

Do you have his email? :lol:

kvan

Maria, don’t give up, prince Albert of Monaco is also single,
The only problem (or not) is you would have to spend your honeymoon alone.:zipit: :animwink:
:p
Imagine Maria like Grace Kelly wow.:king:

Btw: Prince Hanover (brother in law of Alberto of Monaco) didn’t go to the church that day because he spend the whole night with “Johnny Walker”. He didn’t return to the hotel until next morning a few hours before the wedding :eek:

Shaman

After seeing all the news reports this weekend, I have to agree with you Maria, I want to go to SPAIN, I mean I've wanted to go for a long time; But just seeing all the sites displayed on the TV....makes me want to go even more....and not just Madrid....I want to do all the major places....

I didn't get up to see it (sleep was more important)...but my mom and grandma sure did wake up to see it at 3:00am....all they did Sat. was talk about the times when they lived over there....

btw...isn't it said that if it rains on your wedding day...its goodluck??

:king:

Originally posted by Maria
Thank you... :cry:

He looked sooooo handsome! :slurp: ...and Letizia looks older than 31! Don´t you think? :p

I'll probably burn for this, but yes she does. You on the other hand don't look a day over 24. ;)

I have no shame when it comes to the ladies. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom