Royal Table Reservation Question

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Hi Gang -

I have a reservation next week for 4 at the royal table at MK. 2 adults 2 kids.

If the kids or one of us adults decide not to eat while there, do we still have to pay the adult price to get into the royal table or can we only pay for those that eat? TIA.

Weather_Lady

Hi Gang -

I have a reservation next week for 4 at the royal table at MK. 2 adults 2 kids.

If the kids or one of us adults decide not to eat while there, do we still have to pay the adult price to get into the royal table or can we only pay for those that eat? TIA.
The policy at "all-you-care-to-enjoy," prix fixe, or family-style restaurants is to charge everyone in the party (age 3 and up), whether they eat or not. This is especially true at places like CRT, where part of what you're paying for is the character experience and photo ops, and not simply the food.

I know it's tough to pay exorbitant prices when you don't know if all your children might do is nibble at a couple of chicken nuggets, but that's how it is. Disney doesn't want to let people off the hook when there are literally hundreds of people competing for those same reservations who are happy to pay.

If you are asking because you are convinced that there are some in your party who won't want to eat, I'd look into changing your reservation to an a la carte restaurant, where everyone can order the amount of food they're actually hungry for, and nobody will feel pressured to order or eat more than they want just to try and "get your money's worth."

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You will need to pay just for entering regardless of if you choose to eat or not...
If there is someone that will not be eating then I'd recommend that they be taken off the reservation and meet up with you after.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
The policy at "all-you-care-to-enjoy," prix fixe, or family-style restaurants is to charge everyone in the party (age 3 and up), whether they eat or not. This is especially true at places like CRT, where part of what you're paying for is the character experience and photo ops, and not simply the food.

If the person who isn't eating has a bona fide medical reason for not doing so, you might see if you can speak to a manager about them not being charged, but it's likely that all they'll offer you is the chance to have that person's meal wrapped to go. I know it's tough to pay exorbitant prices when you don't know if all your children might do is nibble at a couple of chicken nuggets, but that's how it is. Disney doesn't want to let people off the hook when there are literally hundreds of people competing for those same reservations who are happy to pay.

If you are convinced that there are some in your party who won't want to eat, I'd look into changing your reservation to an a la carte restaurant, where everyone can order the amount of food they're actually hungry for, and nobody will feel pressured to eat more than they want just to try and "get your money's worth."
Ugh. I had a feeling this would be the case. :/

Thanks.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
You will need to pay just for entering regardless of if you choose to eat or not...
If there is someone that will not be eating then I'd recommend that they be taken off the reservation and meet up with you after.
So what your saying is I could make a reservation for one and then come w four people but they will only charge me for one person?

does it make more sense to make the reservation for less people yet show up w more? Hmm?

RememberWhen

So what your saying is I could make a reservation for one and then come w four people but they will only charge me for one person?

does it make more sense to make the reservation for less people yet show up w more? Hmm?
No, I think she was saying that if somebody definitely isn’t planning to eat, remove them from the reservation and don’t bring them to the restaurant. I would not show up with more people than you’ve made a reservation for. You might be able to get in with an extended wait, but they might just say no. And whoever goes in needs to pay. They charge by who sits, not by who had a reservation.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

What? No. What I am saying is if you have 4 people but someone really doesn't want to eat there then that that person should be removed from the reservation and not enter and just meet the others after they are done eating there. (If its an adult that doesn't want to eat then they can easily just meet after and if its a kid then maybe just one adult and one kid eat there and the other adult and other kid do not)
If you want to save the money that is.
If you don't mind that the person will have to pay even if they don't eat then keep the reservation for all 4 people and pay the price.
Personally I would just cancel the entire reservation and choose a different dining location that everyone in the party will enjoy.

Last edited:

Kobe!!

Original Poster
No, I think she was saying that if somebody definitely isn’t planning to eat, remove them from the reservation and don’t bring them to the restaurant. I would not show up with more people than you’ve made a reservation for. You might be able to get in with an extended wait, but they might just say no. And whoever goes in needs to pay. They charge by who sits, not by who had a reservation.
I guess I am not reading the answer I want to hear..

I can’t believe people would actually go there and pay if others in their party won’t eat..

and if I make a reservation for less people they won’t allow me in?

I hate to be that person, but I’d be willing to test this out

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I guess I am not reading the answer I want to hear..

I can’t believe people would actually go there and pay if others in their party won’t eat..

and if I make a reservation for less people they won’t allow me in?

I hate to be that person, but I’d be willing to test this out

There are plenty of Disney restaurants that you can choose instead that would not require payment for non eaters.

CRT is one of the restaurants that you are paying just for entry. Think of it like a local buffet restaurant say Old Country Buffet... You pay upon entry for each person regardless of if someone in your party does not intend to eat.

I'm guessing not many people actually choose to go if they are not going to eat.

If you want to make a reservation for less people and take your chances that you'll be able to enter with more then feel free but you'll still need to pay for everyone that enters lol.

Kobe!!

Original Poster
There are plenty of Disney restaurants that you can choose instead that would not require payment for non eaters.

CRT is one of the restaurants that you are paying just for entry. Think of it like a local buffet restaurant say Old Country Buffet... You pay upon entry for each person regardless of if someone in your party does not intend to eat.

I'm guessing not many people actually choose to go if they are not going to eat.

If you want to make a reservation for less people and take your chances that you'll be able to enter with more then feel free but you'll still need to pay for everyone that enters lol.
Sorry I meant be our guest not royal table

TerriLM

BOG is the same as CRT now. Everyone who is seated pays regardless of what they do or don't eat. Just like places like Crystal Palace - where one year I paid for DD to just eat 3-4 strawberries and declare she was done (I think she was 4 at the time).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom