Roughly, how much revenue does Disney collect per day?

inDisney

Original Poster
I am sure the numbers are not precise, but does anyone have an estimate on how much, maybe, Magic Kingdom, brings in revenue per day? The reason I ask is because I see how much stuff is sold on a daily basis. Just curious. Also, how much does it cost to put on Wishes and Illuminations everyday.

Scooter

I read in a trivia book that Illuminations costs $30,000 a night to put on.
Can't help with your other questions....sorry.
Scooter

inDisney

Original Poster
Are you all being serious about the numbers I've just read? If you are, then those numbers are amazing! When it comes down to profit, the numbers are lower, but still enough to add some more incredible rides in Magic Kingdom; that park needs something new, other than that dumb Stitch ride and Cinderelabration. It needs another thrill ride. It only has Space Mountain; I wouldn't consider Splash mountain such a thrill. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite attractions, but it's not much of a thrill ride. And lets not talk about TMR, it just sucks.

inDisney

Original Poster
LiveInOrlando said:
Researching Disney’s Corporate web page: http://corporate.disney.go.com/investors/fact_books/2005/index.html All parks (11 around the world) and resorts had revenue of $9.023 billion in 2005. That is approximately $800 million per park. Now I am sure some parks make much more than others!

If each park made 800 million dollars per year, then, on average, each park makes 2.1 million dollars per day.

And if MK makes 78 million per day that would be over 28 billion per year! Which can't be correct if all 11 parks together only make 9 billion per year.

inDisney

Original Poster
LiveInOrlando said:
And if MK makes 78 million per day that would be over 28 billion per year! Which can't be correct if all 11 parks together only make 9 billion per year.

Yea, I get what you are saying, but come on. Don't you think Disney makes a bit more than 9 billion dollars from the theme parks? Maybe, maybe not, but 9 billion sounds very little to me.

drnilescrane

I think people are confusing takings with earnings - the Emporium might make $1mill a Day, but it costs $900,000 to buy the merchandice and pay the staff. So, Disney only makes $100,000 out of that day.

Fantasmic at Disneyland costs around $35,000 for the first show, and it costs less per show if there are more than one.

peter11435

LiveInOrlando said:
I am also sure that someone on here has the 2005 Annual Report for Disney. Which would of course break down this park by park.
The annual report does not break down the numbers park by park. However based on what the report does say the MK does not make 78 million a day, and the Emporium does not bring in a million a day. That 9.023 billion is revenue. Meaning the total amount they brought in. Of that only 1-2billion is profit because the rest is expenses.

Epcot82Guy

The parks are an odd anomaly since their operation costs are so high but often hidden. So, you get a lot lumped in that might not be "directly" related.

On a side note, Illuminations (normal ROE) costs between 17,000-19,000 a day. It takes Epcot a minimum of 10,000 guests a day to "break even" for direct operational costs.

wannab@dis

Just so everyone is aware, the $9B revenue is for the parks AND resorts. So, in addition to park entry, food, souveniers, etc... it includes all the rooms at the different resort locations.

Scooter

Epcot82Guy said:
The parks are an odd anomaly since their operation costs are so high but often hidden. So, you get a lot lumped in that might not be "directly" related.

On a side note, Illuminations (normal ROE) costs between 17,000-19,000 a day. It takes Epcot a minimum of 10,000 guests a day to "break even" for direct operational costs.

According to Louis A Mongello's Book THE WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIVIA BOOK

And I quote from page 130:

"Disney spends about $35,000 per night for more than 2,800 shells used in the spectacular Illuminations fireworks show in World Showcase."

wannab@dis

Scooter said:
According to Louis A Mongello's Book THE WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIVIA BOOK

And I quote from page 130:

"Disney spends about $35,000 per night for more than 2,800 shells used in the spectacular Illuminations fireworks show in World Showcase."
hmm... I thought ROE had about 1100 shells. Could this be for the original show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom