Rotunda Bistro at the American Adventure

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
In the Disney Parks Blog food and wine update today there was mention of “Rotunda Bistro” at the American Adventure. I have no details yet but the name leads me to believe that this will be a new venue inside the pavilion a la Canada Far and Wide. Anyone heard anything? Are we ok with Disney continuing to shove food kiosks into attractions?

Notes from Neverland

In the Disney Parks Blog food and wine update today there was mention of “Rotunda Bistro” at the American Adventure. I have no details yet but the name leads me to believe that this will be a new venue inside the pavilion a la Canada Far and Wide. Anyone heard anything? Are we ok with Disney continuing to shove food kiosks into attractions?
Rotunda Bistro at the American Adventure will be in the American Adventure. Appleseed Orchard was the kiosk in the Canada Pavilion in 2019. Seems like it'd be the most likely to return there in 2021.

James Alucobond

Honestly, I'd kind of prefer they be inside existing spaces rather than cluttering up the main walkways. If they're going to have festivals, it would be nice if they activated some of the less trodden real estate.

ToTBellHop

It is a way of dealing with the numerous weather-related issues we see as both F&G and F&W expand into summer.

EeyoreFan#24

I’ll reserve judgment on this one. Sounds interesting to use some of the non-attraction space. I would think they have the ability to use the rotunda floors in a manner that could handle both for the duration of the festival.

MarkTwain

The American Adventure rotunda isn't unused, it's preshow space. It sets the mood and tone for World Showcase's flagship attraction, while providing a comfortable and contemplative space to wait for the next show.

It'd be akin to setting up F&W booths inside the Haunted Mansion stretching rooms.

Obviously I'm a bit biased here. ;)

James Alucobond

The American Adventure rotunda isn't unused, it's preshow space. It sets the mood and tone for World Showcase's flagship attraction, while providing a comfortable and contemplative space to wait for the next show.

It'd be akin to setting up F&W booths inside the Haunted Mansion stretching rooms.

I think the stretching room comparison is a bit off. There are plenty of people in the rotunda who are there either exclusively for the refuge from outside or to peruse the exhibition room since you don't have to wait in a queue for it. It certainly would change the energy in there, though.

MadTeacup

I think the stretching room comparison is a bit off. There are plenty of people in the rotunda who are there either exclusively for the refuge from outside or to peruse the exhibition room since you don't have to wait in a queue for it. It certainly would change the energy in there, though.
Depends on whether Voices is performing a set before the next showing of AA. In this case, the comparison is very equivalent.

The Empress Lilly

Opposing barbary isn't bias... ;)

I realise it's a theme park, just a theme park. But it is a Disney theme park, and EPCOT at that. Dignity and class, too, are part of the classic Disney experience, not it's detriment.

The AA and the HoP require a dignified atmosphere and tone, bordering on stately and solemn. Classic Americana and Disney. They help uplift the WDW experience above the raunchy beer&coaster&screaming amusement park one.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Opposing barbary isn't bias... ;)

I realise it's a theme park, just a theme park. But it is a Disney theme park, and EPCOT at that. Dignity and class, too, are part of the classic Disney experience, not it's detriment.

The AA and the HoP require a dignified atmosphere and tone, bordering on stately and solemn. Classic Americana and Disney. They help uplift the WDW experience above the raunchy beer&coaster&screaming amusement park one.
Nothing says dignified like turning the rotunda into a bar!

Parker in NYC

Great. I never fail to shed a tear at the American Adventure. It's honestly one of my favorite things at WDW. But this? Wow. Why not just close the attractions and call it the Epcot Food Expo Theme Park? How dare they. How. Dare. They.

Lilofan

The one aspect of listening to the talented Voices of Liberty ( if they still employed ) is the guests are silent and listening and enjoying the singing. With a food and wine aspect inside it will be far from silent listening to VOL.

Parker in NYC

The one aspect of listening to the talented Voices of Liberty ( if they still employed ) is the guests are silent and listening and enjoying the singing. With a food and wine aspect inside it will be far from silent listening to VOL.
And that sound will rise. I know, let's close the attraction and open up the theater for $300 wine tasting seminars.

Lilofan

This. 100%.

They are, they were brought back as soon as they could with the equity agreement.

They are now performing in the American Gardens Theatre rotating with Mariachi.
More guests can see Voices of Liberty at the outside theatre but nothing compares to seeing and enjoying VOL inside the intimate American Adventure rotunda with the wonderful acoustics.

TrainsOfDisney

More guests can see Voices of Liberty at the outside theatre but nothing compares to seeing and enjoying VOL inside the intimate American Adventure rotunda with the wonderful acoustics.
Agreed. They were moved because of covid.

Acapella singing loses quite a bit of charm when it’s amplified but if more people get to hear the voices and dapper dans when mic’ed up it is a decent trade in my book.

Lilofan

And that sound will rise. I know, let's close the attraction and open up the theater for $300 wine tasting seminars.
Nothing compares to the pricing of the ultra deluxe and secretive Club 33 on the top floor of AA. $25K initiation fee and $10K annually dues per person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom