rosie's trip

ok well i am going to post a story about my trip ... the ups and the downs ,the laughter and the tears... and the squished deer... Did I have a good time? I say yes,but that is just how i am.Were there problems? oh goodness yes.Will I go back again.In a heart beat.now on with our story...lets start at the begining

Once upon a time there lived a girl in a faraway land called Canada ... it was cold and she worked terribly hard all day at her job and then came home to her mother and wicked step father and 2 wicked foster brothers >
One day her fairy godmother gave her special gift -vacation days! so she saved up her money and invited her mother to go with her to wdw ...and her mom invited her wicked step father ...but oh well life gives you lemons...make lemonade...
then there were all sorts of things going wrong before the trip .
But finally the day arrived and she left for the long looong drive to DISNEY!!!....

we left 2:30 pm from toronto on THURSDAY may 15...got to buffalo...got lost ...for an hour... in the bad part of town ... 65 miles going around buffalo *shudders* got back on the road ... it rained ...it was foggy ... it cold and then hot.Mom decided to take *cough*a "short cut"
the words backwoods and hill folk come to mind ...lol (it wasn't that bad but it was a lonley road and all there was were boarded up run down shacks) but we saw a HUGE turtle crossing the road .

Finally we get to Disney at the all star music.. around 9:30 pm FRIDAY may 16 guess what ? they messed up reservations... joy ... i even have my printouts they mailed me but still everything was wrong... so we get sent to the all star movies and my mom has a room on one side of the mighty ducks building -room 3807 and i get room
3835 on the other side of the building ... joy.At that point i didn't care where they stuck us I was tired . My wicked step father was yelling and said he wished he could go back home. and used some not so nice language (no one else was around he was just tired and hot and taking it out on mom and me i guess )... I started crying and ran to my room
Got in ,had shower ,felt better,went to sleep.

Slept in (oh no!!!) I didn't got out untill 11 am SATURDAY may 17.and I went to MGM and looked at all the star wars stuff ...I was on my own that day .I took some pictures and bought some star wars stuff ... there was only a 15 min wait on rock and rollercoaster and no wait for tower of terror.Unfortunatly the great movie ride was closed .
After some window shopping I went back to the hotel for a swim and we went out for dinner to Boma at akl ... yum but i think those zebra domes have shrunk o_O the waiter brought us the wrong wine but we drank it anyways.We did some shopping at akl and looked around then it started storming and we went back to out hotel.

SUNDAY may 18.I tried to explain early entry to my family ...it didn't work .We went to animal kingdom and it was a little after 8:30 when we got there ... it was hot.It was a Beautiful day tho.Super Sunny .
we went to the safari ride and there was no wait at all.Some of the animals were not visible like the rhinos and ostriches and we only saw 1 elephant but it was the best showing of lions I have ever seen.The lioness was sleeping on a rock near the turn for the cars...and the male lion was pacing on the rock just behind her and even did a little growling (he seemed upset that we were so close to the lioness).
Then we went to kali rapids and only a 5 min wait.It was fun but waaaay to short .My mom got soaked by the big spray.We then went to see it's tough to be a bug and we only had about a 5 min wait untill the next show.I love that show :) especially the end before you get up to leave the theater .
Then we went on Dinosaur ... the wait was 20 minutes and there were two cast members watching a little black snake that was resting in the queue area outside the building beside the big dinosaur skull .I dunno what kind of snake it was .
I got my mom on the ride and helped her buckle up and just before we zoomed off I told her it "knocks the snot out of you"
she turned and looked at me with this horrified expression and then we were off... hehehe the picture at the end was great ...
Mom was exhausted so they went back to the hotel and wandered around a bit .I saw a lot of those pal mickeys in fact a i saw two cast members wandering around with pal mickeys listening to them.After that I went back to the hotel and explored a bit .I like the dalmations they look really cool. It is easier to get to my hotel room from all star music then to actually get out at all star movies.

***this is only part of the trip more to come later ....as it is quitting time at work ... I will post pictures soon too :) ****

tune in next time to hear about.... getting lost in florida or how i hate tolls... and getting elbowed in the head by a guest (wouldn't it be nice if people said excuse me or sorry once in a while) and then there is the mousekeeping that left mess in my room woo hoo!

:p

PhotoDave219

Isnt all that construction on I-95 & I-4 so much fun?

And yes, Tolls down 95 from New Jersey south are horrid. I like the 4 dollar Maryland toll....

rosie.ca

Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Isnt all that construction on I-95 & I-4 so much fun?

And yes, Tolls down 95 from New Jersey south are horrid. I like the 4 dollar Maryland toll....

oh yes ... construction wooo hooo ever so much fun... i like the 2.50 american toll you pay just after you cross the border to get into canada ... oh tolls are just the best thing ever.lol

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by rosie.ca
oh yes ... construction wooo hooo ever so much fun... i like the 2.50 american toll you pay just after you cross the border to get into canada ... oh tolls are just the best thing ever.lol

Oh i feel for you.... Whats that about $117.68 in canadian money? :D (just kidding)

Just think, after paying those tolls, you have the privlidge of sitting in stopped traffic on <i>their</i> highway....

WDWspider

Looking forward to the rest of the story, especially the pics. I know you have had one of the bumpiest Disney trip plans ever and I hope that it all paid off in the end. Disney needs to deliver those happy endings. Plus, it sounds like you had much resistance or lack of enthusiasm on the step-fathers part. It appears you planned the entire vacation.

I personally like Movies better, which did you prefer?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Mom decided to take *cough*a "short cut"
the words backwoods and hill folk come to mind ...lol (it wasn't that bad but it was a lonley road and all there was were boarded up run down shacks) but we saw a HUGE turtle crossing the road .
Kinda makes it all worthwhile :)
Looking forward to the rest, thanks.

MsSnuzi

Hi Rosie - Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. I live in Buffalo (don't feel too bad), sorry you had such a bad time in our town. Next time, give me a holler and I will help you find your way out safely!
Eagerly awaiting for the next installment. . . .
:D

rosie.ca

Original Poster
MONDAY May 19 th-victoria day I had been tired on my overgrown bangs getting in my face so I used my inch long sewing kit scissors and cut them (everyone thought I was insane to do this but I think it turned out fine)
ok so I didn't want to push my mom to hard on this trip... or really spend another day withe the wicked step father so the hung out out the pool and I went to the parks alone.
It is kind of strange being by yourself in the park .I like having people to talk to about what I just saw or how fun that last ride was etc.

The weather was pretty hot again but there were clouds looming for a storm to come late afternoon.
I went to the Magic Kingdom,I had wanted to go to Epcot but the magic Kingdom bus came first and it the bus was basically empty .The lines at the Bag check were fairly small.I looked at all the characters around mainstreet being mobbed by kids I think cruella deville was there but I went straight to splash mountain .I went on and the wait time was 15 minutes,not too bad I also got a fast pass for later .
I like spash mountain and everything was going as usuall until we got to the part where there are 2 vultures sitting abouve you talking about "laughing place? if this is your laughing place then why aren't you laughing..." or something along those lines.
Well the log in front of mine had just started to go up the hill for the drop into the briar patch when some brilliant woman decided to get out!.

I did feel kinda bad for her as she was kind of crying and her hands were shaking a bit .She would not get back into the log.Now there was an exit right beside her but she just stood there ,then her husband/boyfriend got out and stood with her and gave her a drink or something .Then the loud angry (and completely unintelligible) voice of authory came on telling them to get back in their ride vehicle to wich she just shook her head and remained where she was .After about 5 minutes the voice came on again but again she refused .Then a few minutes later a cast member came out and looked not at all happy and took the woman out the door.When they left the guy who was with her hopped back into the log.
The cast member came back to take the man away but the guy said he wanted to stay on the ride so the cast member gave up and left him there and walked away shaking his head .After a few minutes the ride system got started again and eventually we got to splash down into the briar patch ... but talk about a log jam.
:brick:

anyways when I got out I could hear all the people in line complaining that it was NOT a 15 minute wait.By this time my fast pass was ready so I went on again,this time without any problems.

Then I went to PotC no wait time at all ... I like the movie poster in gift shop ... :D

Did Jungle cruise .... something like a half hour wait...for the life of me I don't understand why everytime I am there there is always a wait and half an hour was like the shortest wait... maybe I am just going there at the wrong time .

Next I went to the haunted mansion and again no wait time just went straight in .I seemed to have some trouble hearing some of what was being said in the buggy but I didn't mind ....I love the haunted mansion

Then I went back to the hotel ... ate left over pizza for lunch.(yes I was insane and ordered delivery ...lol I love their little trucks tho) then went to my Mom's room ... she was crispy fried by the sun (this time it wasn't me who went all lobster like in the sun) and my wicked step father had jumped into the pool and he thinks he broke his toe. (did I mention he broke his had only 2 weeks or so before we left on the trip?) He now believes that the pool is possesed and trying to kill him *sigh* well from there I left and went to epcot. Spaceship earth had no wait mmmm burning Rome .I took picture of all the flowers since it was the flower and garden festival.I went thru ice station cool.
Beverly is evil.

then I went around the world showcase .The weather was still holding up but dark clouds were all around .I went thru Canada and did a quick walk thru all of them until I got to morrocco and by now it was like 6:30pm so I had dinner in morrocco .
kebabs rock...mmm meat on a stick lol. the desserts were good too and of course I had the mint tea .During dinner the rain began and it was still raining a bit when I was finished but I went out anyways .I refuse to give in and buy a poncho .

I went to America and saw the show it was just about to start in like 3 minutes so there was no wait for it .It was good but the theater wasn't even a third full.On the way out The rain came down in buckets.The lightening was intense and it was cool to watch ... I walked out of the pavillion anyways saying rain never hurt anyone.It's the lightning that kills ya and then there was a lightning strike in the distance hehehehe.
I walked around to norway and went on the ride .That mural where you load onto the boats scares me.It is that kid with the big knife that stares right at you *shudders* anyway I was glad to get on the ride as it was closed last august .After I waited and saw the move ...gee that was great. o_O but Norway is cool .I bought some pastries to take back for my mom and me and then I went out and waited for illuminations.
Great fireworks as always.I didn't have the best viewing spot

On the way out of the park I did the survey thing when a cast member stopped me.It was a ton of questions and took forever .
No problem tho because the bus to my hotel was right there and by this time there were only 6 or so other people getting on with me .The ride was fairly quick and I was back in my room around 10 pm.

wow ... that was a lot of typing for one day lol... comming up next:
tuesday may 20...epcot again

rosie.ca

Original Poster
Originally posted by MsSnuzi
Hi Rosie - Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. I live in Buffalo (don't feel too bad), sorry you had such a bad time in our town. Next time, give me a holler and I will help you find your way out safely!
Eagerly awaiting for the next installment. . . .
:D

lol well not all of it was so bad but it was only supposed to be like 9 miles and we went 65 miles every take #62 in a complete circle?(i think it was #62 ...)

rosie.ca

Original Poster
now for TUESDAY MAY 20 th Today I went with dave (the wicked step father) and my Mom and we went to Epcot ...of couse the decided to sleep in ... sigh they are the one missing out I told them so we got to epcot ... Dave has this thing about busses he HAD to drive everywhere.So we got in and me and the wicked stepfather went on test track as mom would never go on it.Then we went to Mexico and did the ride -no wait whatsoever.I love mexico it looks great inside and out .
Next we went to norway ...Disney was filming families beside the big boat in Norway and interviewing and stuff. We went on the ride but this time I didn't wait for the movie and I looked around the gift shop.I joked that some of the trolls reminded me of my mother ... and some reminded me of Dave

We took pictures of China and moved on till we got to Germany and we had lunch .Now let me explaine that my mom gave me some money for the trip to cover their room and her park pass but I paid for everything else including gas and park passes so this was the only time I actually bought beer for Dave .I bought him the big becks beer with lunch he loved that pavillion .We waited and saw the show ... not as good as last time as there were different cast members in it but it was still loads of fun...btw does anyone ever get up to dance ?
Wicked step father refered the the spaetzle as fried maggots ...how yummy but everything was good and the smoking area wasn't too too far away (as Dave had to constantly visit the smoking area).
We also did someshopping at Japan...I got a monchichi and mom got some bamboo and we bought pocky too. we continued on and then it started to rain so we sat on a bench that was reletively sheltered for a while and watched ducks.When the rain lightened a bit we went to Honey I shrunk the audience and waited about 12 minutes.. it was pretty full in the waiting area ... the liked the show but we all agreed we liked it's tough to be a bug better.
I made them go to the talking fountain hehehehe it was funny
the we headed to ...
spaceship earth ...alas Dave cannot smell anything so he did not fully experience burning Rome but it was good .Again there was no wait.

We then left so Mom and Dave had a nap ...but I convinced them to go out a bit later to go to mgm studios ...it was like pulling teeth but I got them there... then we realised Dave forgot his park pass so he went back to get it . When we did get in Dave and I did just did rock and rollercoaster and Tower of Terror ... I was smiling and waving in the tower of terror picture it was funny.
THen we went to see Fantasmic which was packed but the show was good .The weather was great ...no rain at this point unfortunately there were some annoying helicopters which made it hard to concentrate on the some in a few spots but overall it was great.
We took the tram back to the car and the guy was funny with all the jokes ...
*** on the drive home mom wanted to get something to eat... so guess what ? we missed the street we were supposed to get off at ...instead of turning around they continued and we were on the way to a toll... to the AIRPORT!!!! sigh that cost like a dollar then we turned onto another road hoping to head back to civilization ...but no another toll road... so we paid 2$ and went on another road ...guess what ...it was a toll .50 cents
I was like oh heck lets get it over with and go to celebration...we were headed that way anyway but instead we turned and went back to where we should have been *relatively speaking* and just went back to the hotel****
That was about it for that day ....
next wednesday...the magic Kingdom ...owww.

MsSnuzi

Yea -I understand how confusing it can get especially with the distraction (step father) in the car! Your highways are labeled much better in Canada. Everything leads to the QEW and that leads to the Peace Bridge and back home. We should take road sign lessons.
Your trip sounds like quite an adventure! Keep it coming!

rosie.ca

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY may 21st ok so I decided to take them to Magic Kingdom today as it was spectromagic and fireworks... now i was feeling slightly off today ... as in sick but I didn't tell anyone until after spectromagic .
Of course they didn't leave untill 11 am to go to the park *ug*
Dave AGAIN felt the need to drive :rolleyes: ....and we went to alien encounter... of course Dave decided to wander off to find a smoking area so he didn't get on ... it was a 30 min wait.My mom and I had fun.After that Dave and I got fast passes to space mountain as standby was like an hour wait.It would be about half an hour until we could use them so I thought we should do buzz but instead Dave went off for a smoke...and my Mom said she wouldn't go on and then she started in on me that I was being hard on her and mean .She said "why do you have to plan everything a minute until it's death" Now I can plan like nobodies business but I kept things very loose and accomodated them as best I could ... so then I started crying ... so I looked like an idiot crying in tomorrowland in the magic Kingdom ... I wanted to leave but they said I should stay .

So then after all that drama Dave and I went on space mountain which was very bumpy ,I like rock and rollercoaster more then we went to adventureland and had dole whips ...well Dave didn't have one as he doesn't like ice cream .There were some funny castmembers....then we went off to the Tiki Birds mom was a little dissappionted by the changes but it was ok ...then off to PotC everyone liked that !!!

Then Mom and I did splash mountain while dave took off as he didn't want to wait in line for 60 minutes...but we did .
While in the line a fast pass person jogged by and hauled off and hit me on the side of the head with his elbow ... i was a little dazed at first... they didn't even turn around or stop.The just kept going not saying a word. :(
Now as for splash mountain and my mother you should know that my mom hates thrill rides and drops...she got sick watching me on the teacups when I was a kid... she gets queasy on swings...but she made a deal to try splash mountain ... so we waited.The fastpasses were all out by that point in the day ... we survived the line and guess what?!

Mom loved Splash mountain! *i told her she would* she didn't even mind the drops .She was completely surprised at how much she enjoyed it and would go on it again if the lines weren't so long.

Next we hit country bear jamboree and it was almost full of people...It does seem kind of old these days tho.

Next we went to hall of the presidents... we had to wait a while for the last show ,there was a cast member who told interesting stories about the presidents ... I felt really really sick ...
but didn't tell anyone I just sat in the corner.We watched the show then after we went and waited for spectromagic while I got eaten alive by mosquitos :fork: grrr i dislike mosquitos.
Mom loved the parade and I had never seen it before so it was fun.Then we sorta watched the fireworks but could only see a little for where we were but the castle changing colours was beautiful!

Of course no one wanted to listen to me when I said let's wait here for the crowds to die down a bit before we leave so they dragged queasy,dizzle lttle old me all the way out... but I got a balloon cuz I had been a good girl lol *hey I really wanted a balloon for once ... I can't remember the last time I had a balloon*
We waited for a while out side the park and watched the light show on the water then we took a monorail *we had to wait in line for about 2 monorails before we got on * then we drove home

WDWspider

Rosie, how is it that you became such a huge Disney fan? I have to know... your mom and step father seem reluctant at times. 11am!!:lol: I'm up at at the MK around 7 in the morning banging on the gates to get in. (not literally)

You really sound like you know your way around and you obviously have the passion to have found Magic. But i'm sure everyone had a great time though. It just seems like such a contrast. :animwink:

rosie.ca

Original Poster
Originally posted by spider-man
Rosie, how is it that you became such a huge Disney fan? I have to know... your mom and step father seem reluctant at times. 11am!!:lol: I'm up at at the MK around 7 in the morning banging on the gates to get in. (not literally)

You really sound like you know your way around and you obviously have the passion to have found Magic. But i'm sure everyone had a great time though. It just seems like such a contrast. :animwink:

I dunno why i love disney so much... My mom took me when I was a kid 2 times once when I was like 2 or 3 and I barely remember it and then once when I was 11 . but my uncle loves disney and we talk for hours about Disney and plan stuff. I am going with him next March...hopefully .Also my grandmother loves the polynesian hotel a lot ... some of my fav memories were going to visit her there at christmas ....mmmm egg nog. they once had like the presidential suite at the poly ... but that was just luck as there were only 2 rooms in the whole hotel left but that was years ago
:)

rosie.ca

Original Poster
THURSDAY May22nd well even though it looked like it was going to rain I wanted to go to typhoon lagoon Dave ... decided we just wanted to stay at the hotel.We went in and Mom chickened out at the shark reef ... she panicked with the snorkle ... I went thru but it turns out my waterproof camera...was not waterproof ... oh well :(
I also bought those little plastic things that are waterproof and you hang around your neck those are so handy! I put my money and cards in it and then I don't need to take my purse to the park... hand free.. wow that is the life!... back to typhoon lagoon...

I spent some time at the shark reef then we did wave pool yay... I love that thing... apparently it was two of the lifeguards last days ...I think one was named darren or daryl and then there was the blonde girl with the megaphone.She was fun! She was going home to iowa or something and had been there for a few months .
Mom liked the wave pool but would only go out till is was waist deep.I stayed away from the crispy frying lazy river of death this time.... last august at blizzard beach that was my big mistake ... and turned my into the amazing lobster girl for the rest of my trip... no lazy river for me thank you very much.
We shared a funnle cake ...mmmm funnle-y goodness.
then it was about to rain so we left and went to the polynesian and looked around ,shopped and then we had dinner at ohana .
It was my first time there .It was really good I liked those dumpling things and i liked the shrimp but the waiter gave me 4 then another one came by not 2 min later and before I could tell him I already had shrimp he put 8 on my plate ... 12 shrimp... too much I was already enjoying the turkey ... they give you way to much food but it was good even tho i felt bad about not finishing it all.

While we were in ohana it rained like you wouldn't believe ...we were glad we were inside !

I also noticed...apparently people who stay at the polynesian are short cuz the washroom was like 7 dwarf sized lol *j/k* but the toilets and sinks are kinda low.It was also funny watching people being confused as to where to put paper towels after washing their hands *those big holes by the sinks* ...as you see it doesn't take much to amuse me.

anyway after that we got on a bus to downtown disney and then went to out hotel ....on the way there we noticed there was traffic problems someone's van had flipped on the grass divider on the road and was completely upside down there were a couple security cars around ... I felt really bad for whoever was there and hopped they were ok.
*seatbelts save lives...coast to coast ...click it or ticket*

it was still raining and we just stayed in the hotel the rest of the night and watched disney movies on tv

wow where has the week gone only a few days of trip left... more to come soon.

gjpjtj

When they left the guy who was with her hopped back into the log.
The cast member came back to take the man away but the guy said he wanted to stay on the ride so the cast member gave up and left him there and walked away shaking his head .:brick:

Real classy guy!!!:lol:

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Rosie:

Your report is great! I'm really enjoying reading it. I'm sorry that you did not get along that well with your mom and stepfather. I'm taking my mom for the first time in 19 days :sohappy: and I'm not sure how she will take to commando theme park hopping either.

Like you, I'm always taking different members of my family. I've taken my grandparents, my best friend and her son, my best friend without her son, my mother in law and my son's best friend, and now my mom. I took my husband years ago and he hated it so I'm always looking for a traveling companion. My son is 12, and although he's good company I just don't feel safe traveling without another adult until he gets older.

What we won't go through to get to Disney!

Anyway, can't wait to hear more!

Christina

rosie.ca

Original Poster
Also I forgot to mention ... on the WEDNESDAY I noticed when I got back to my room that the maid was less than disney-rific ...the day before she had been really busy with the rooms and hadn't gotten to my room when I came back to it .She was about to do my room but I had said it was ok and I didn't make her do anything in my room.Now that night my mom had stopped by my room and spilled coke so we used a towel to clean it up.
The next day when I came back after the parks I had noticed the maid didn't leave me any soap (no big deal) and left the dirty coke towel in the sink... i think she left some things in the garbage can as well...

I was not really impressed by this ... but what are you going to do?

anyways I still left money the next day -same as usual and yes they next day they took the towel and everything was back to normal.

rosie.ca

Original Poster
FRIDAY May 23rd ... last full day ok ... it was a little depressing waking up that day knowing it was my last full day
but I got up early and got my mother up and just the two of us went to the magic Kingdom.We went straight to fantasyland *now my mom has bad arthritis and since she hasn't been well in the last couple years we used a wheel chair sometimes altho she hated doing it ...today I rented a wheel chair again*
So we went on It's a Small world ...YAY... I love that ride hehehehee and we rode snow white ... both had no wait time at all then we went to Peter pan.The cast member working at the gate said to go int the wheel chair way we needed to get a fast pass and come back later so we took a fast pass but decided not to come back as it was too much of a hassle .We went to the haunted mansion -no wait and Pirates of the caribean which had no wait either .I bought a replica coin and a pin from the gift shop at PotC. *i ended up buying 11 pins this trip...i went insane but hey I never had any pins before except the one i lost on space mountain last august*

Then we had good bye dole whips and we left to go look at wilderness lodge ...I had never visited before and It was fun to take a boat ride .We fed the ducks and fish and then we explored the hotel.Then we took a bus to Disney MGM studios
and saw some cool peacocks and I we even saw an aligator in some water along the way.... it was big.
we went into the park and had a late lunch at brown derby .... cobb salad is soooo good .

then we took some pictures around the park and saw muppet vision 3d ... i like the penguins and I actually like watching the preshow a lot but I wish the show itself was a bit better with the 3d... mom liked it but wished there was more story and better 3d stuff ...

Then we did the star wars stuff and saw warwick davis *willow/wicket/leprachaun he rocks* then we did more window shopping and went back to the hotel to swim .

We had dinner in the food court wich ended up being funny... the girl in line in front of me ordered 2 pastas with sauce and 1 salad .... after much confusion she finally had her order together and then boom! dropped the hot pasta all over herself and the floor ... she cleaned herself off and helped clear up the mess but was so embarassed she turned as red as the sauce ...we all told her it happens all the time but she was still embarassed ... so they gave her another order of the food and this time she carefully left ... then came my turn ... i also ordered the pasta and salad... everything was ok until the lady behind the counter handed me the salad... she let go of the salad before it got even close to my hand... and then we had a salad mess.... i cleaned it up for her and she gave me a new salad and left as fast as I could before something else dropped lol.

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom