Rose and Crown Pub

DisneyWorldGuru

I always go to the Rose and Crown Pub when I go to Epcot. They have the best fish and chips I have ever had (even better then when I was in England). I have always forgot to make a PS for the last seating so I could stay to see Illuminations (best view in the park is the Rose and Crown). Well I just had to share this information with someone else so they can have a great view.
I suggest either the fish and chips or the cottage pie, both are out of this world.

PS- For this trip in Aug. I remembered to make a PS.

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I have never had the beer. On the last trip I was not old enough to drink. Friends have told me that it is great. The only one I know they have is Bass Ale but I know they have a bunch more on tap.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Beer here

Originally posted by BigNorm
Evening everyone...

I've heard alot about the fish and chips, but how's the beer?

The beer is served cold and fresh! Ask for a thumbprint mug (won't be chilled, though) and enjoy in the pub; vs. carry out a plastic cup.

Bass - Kind of a sweetish, red ale.

Guinness - Medium body, dark in color, smoky overtones; not a strong beer as is often assumed

Harp - Closest to an American beer. Light lager, mild hops

Tennents - Full-bodied lager. Nice hops boquet.

Boddington's - Creamy, smooth, just slightly heavy. Actually better in the 'widget' (Nitrogen-charged) can than on draft, as it is here

Caffrey's - Similar to Boddington's; a bit heavier and hoppier.

Upvote 0

Merlin

Account Suspended
These are great tips! I've never been to the Rose & Crown. I always enter Epcot from the entrance that is near England and so I guess when I'm in that area, it is always either too early or too late to eat there. But I'll try it out.

Upvote 0

Erika

Mmmmmmm, we wanted to eat there on our last trip but were not very hungry for a big meal. So I had the fruit and cheese plate with a glass of wine, and my husband had the Spaceship Earth dessert. :slurp: We would definitely go back!

Upvote 0

moonchild

We loved the Rose & Crown. Best prime rib we ever had. It was huge! Our server was kind enough to set aside a table outside when we were finished dinner to watch the show. Best view in the whole place!

Attachments

• im000217.jpg
    im000217.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Re: Beer here

Originally posted by cm1988
Boddington's - Creamy, smooth, just slightly heavy.

Boddingtons Bitter - brewed in Manchester - Mmmmmmmmmmmm
:king:

Caffrey's is a stout - not a bitter. Still very pleasant

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We made an 8:00pm PS for Rose & Crown last year. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that we wanted to watch Illuminations! from our table after dinner. We arrived 5 or 10 minutes early and repeated that we wished to eat, then view Illuminations! from our table. At no time were we guaranteed a table on the veranda, but luckily we DID get one. What an incredible view of Illuminations!

It seems like the CMs do whatever they can to make you happy as long as you recognize what you're asking for is not ALWAYS possible.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Bass - Kind of a sweetish, red ale.

Guinness - Medium body, dark in color, smoky overtones; not a strong beer as is often assumed

Harp - Closest to an American beer. Light lager, mild hops

Tennents - Full-bodied lager. Nice hops boquet.

Boddington's - Creamy, smooth, just slightly heavy. Actually better in the 'widget' (Nitrogen-charged) can than on draft, as it is here

6 excellent reasons to drink elsewhere. Unless you happen to like youre ale alcohol free.
If youre seated in the garden beware the trees can spoil your view

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by GenerationX
We made an 8:00pm PS for Rose & Crown last year. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that we wanted to watch Illuminations! from our table after dinner. We arrived 5 or 10 minutes early and repeated that we wished to eat, then view Illuminations! from our table. At no time were we guaranteed a table on the veranda, but luckily we DID get one. What an incredible view of Illuminations!

It seems like the CMs do whatever they can to make you happy as long as you recognize what you're asking for is not ALWAYS possible.

Exactly. We did the same thing last year, and DID NOT get an outside table. However, we were able to go outside as soon as it started and stand with our backs to the building (so we didn't block the view from the windows, or stand in front of anyone seated) and were still able to see most everything. I used to sit on a bench near Mexico and save 2 seats for my husband and daughter, but people got so rude about not being able to sit there that I stopped saving a spot for ANYTHING, ANYWHERE at WDW!

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

yo norm, the beer is ok, but i'll take an ice cold bottle of bud light over any of those European beers. there was a time and a place when i drank all those beers and i still do on occasion. however, i never,ever get sick of dee ol' standby Bud Light. i'm even drinkin one now.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
At the Rose and Crown it is called Cottage Pie.

I could be wrong but there is a diffrence;

Cottage Pie = minced Beef

Sheppards Pie = Minced Sheppards? no Lamb.

Dont like lamb unless its in a Kebab.

Upvote 0

tybroid59

Originally posted by happy snapper

I could be wrong but there is a diffrence;

Cottage Pie = minced Beef

Sheppards Pie = Minced Sheppards? no Lamb.

thats it .......i like them both and fish and chips and ice cream AND ...........................:lol: no sheep here just pigs :hammer:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Sorry I didnt mean there was both. I just happen to think that you aremore likely to be correct with cottage pie, especially with the availability of beef.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom