Rose And Crown Experiences?!?!?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hey folks me again!!! Has anyone else got any experiences theyd love to share here? I finally got to visit the world showcase in detail on my last trip and esp loved the Rose and Crown! Great place to meet many people who love WDW as much if not more than us and i love the entertainment of The Hat Lady, what a great woman!!! So any stories from here id love to hear!! :wave:

danv3

Had a wonderful waterside table on our last visit, during which dw and I were visited by a squirrel that lacked an appropriate fear of humans. He scampered up my chair and on to the table! Apparently he really fancied some shepherd's pie.

The cast members weren't really too surprised by this occurrence. They knew the particular squirrel and had even named him.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had the best service I have ever had in all my trips to WDW at R&C. A young man by the name of Adam. Guest services received quite a long letter from me about him.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Had a wonderful waterside table on our last visit, during which dw and I were visited by a squirrel that lacked an appropriate fear of humans. He scampered up my chair and on to the table! Apparently he really fancied some shepherd's pie.

The cast members weren't really too surprised by this occurrence. They knew the particular squirrel and had even named him.

To pinpoint the start of your post, is there anything more beautiful and relaxing than sitting at a waterfront table here during a gorgeous sunny day???

PoohBear119

During our last trip... with the heat, we stopped in the pub for some cooling down and had the greatest time with a bartender named Nathan. He went as far to show us where he lived using my husband's iPhone. I think we had such a great time because it was a lot of the staff's last night working before heading home.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
During our last trip... with the heat, we stopped in the pub for some cooling down and had the greatest time with a bartender named Nathan. He went as far to show us where he lived using my husband's iPhone. I think we had such a great time because it was a lot of the staff's last night working before heading home.

Nathans a great guy did u meet Carl???

Testtrack321

The lady playing the piano sang an improve song about our friend Chuck. Needless to say there were one or two "close calls" that would have been very unDisney! :ROFLOL:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
The lady playing the piano sang an improve song about our friend Chuck. Needless to say there were one or two "close calls" that would have been very unDisney! :ROFLOL:

The Hat Lady is absolutely brilliant!!! Its not a night in the Rose and Crown without The Hat Lady!!!

fngoofy

Nathans a great guy did u meet Carl???
Gotta love Carl...you also need to be an early drinker, as he is out of there pretty early unless it is a special event.

Did he show you his alligator wrestling pictures?

Here's one of his pub puzzles:

You can add one line to the number above so that it equals nine fifty.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Gotta love Carl...you also need to be an early drinker, as he is out of there pretty early unless it is a special event.

Did he show you his alligator wrestling pictures?

Here's one of his pub puzzles:

You can add one line to the number above so that it equals nine fifty.

Didnt see the pics but i have some great pics of a few of his bar tricks!

if i could figure out how to add image i would

durangojim

Used to eat there every trip, then had a couple of poor experiences a couple years back. Haven't eaten there since, maybe it's changed since then.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Gotta agree here when was this???
December 2007. I think he was here on the college program. We had a big party. around 10 or 12, and were there for dinner and to watch illuminations. He handled our party with the efficiency that most people handle a party of 2. He was funny and engaging with his stories of home and adjusting to life in the US. We decided to have our entrees after illuminations and when we came back in from it he had reset the entire table and put the last entree down just as we walked through the door. It was probably the largest tip I have ever left bordering on 50%.

Tiggerfanatic

DD & I ate there 3 years ago, and had the best little server named Katie. She was so sweet! DD is a big European soccer fan, and was wearing her Chelsea jersey that night - Our server almost started to cry, said it reminded her of home!! Never thought to have our picutre taken with her - still kick myself for being so stupid!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
DD & I ate there 3 years ago, and had the best little server named Katie. She was so sweet! DD is a big European soccer fan, and was wearing her Chelsea jersey that night - Our server almost started to cry, said it reminded her of home!! Never thought to have our picutre taken with her - still kick myself for being so stupid!

I feel the same. disgusted i didnt have our pic taken with the 1st waiter we had in the dining room, he was brill!!!!!!!!!!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
December 2007. I think he was here on the college program. We had a big party. around 10 or 12, and were there for dinner and to watch illuminations. He handled our party with the efficiency that most people handle a party of 2. He was funny and engaging with his stories of home and adjusting to life in the US. We decided to have our entrees after illuminations and when we came back in from it he had reset the entire table and put the last entree down just as we walked through the door. It was probably the largest tip I have ever left bordering on 50%.

Im sure i had the same server but it was July 2009 so chances are im wrong but, he was brilliant whoever he was, he even got us a better table the 2nd time we went 4 days after our 1st visit even though he wasnt our waiter!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom