Rope Drop

Amos1784

Original Poster
Fairly newbies to Disneyland/Cali Adventure and MaxPass only been once before and never with MaxPass, we frequent WDW. We plan on purchasing Max Pass as we will only be there for two days. Can anyone confirm what is hit hardest at rope drop? Guardians or Radiator Springs, trying to decide which to get to first and then which to fast pass immediately when walking through the gates! Thanks!

Rich T

Haven't been since Guardians opened, but let me just tell you why I'd head for RSR first at Rope Drop (this is what my family does):

1) At Rope Drop, follow the crowd to RSR.
2) Enjoy your quick-walk tour of the full queue, as it's full of fun details, but NOT something you want to spend a full wait in.
3) Enjoy the fantastic ride
4) Upon exiting, IMMEDIATELY enter the Single Rider line for a 2nd ride with no wait.
5) Breakfast at Flo's!

felipenor

Since we're talking about Fastpass, what time should I try to get Fastpass for the 10:30 fantasmic? I know I need to wait until the 9:00 has been given away, but what time does that usually happen? When should I start checking, maybe 11 am?

DCLcruiser

Is it true that non-hotel guests can enter the Magic Hour park but just not ride? So I can walk up to RSR and wait until 8 AM?

felipenor

Usually can get these until 1230 from my experience. When show time comes around and its the 2nd show ive never seen them take people’s fastpasses though as the park is always dead at that time and theres a ton of space (you can just walk up without an FP).
We're going in July and I hear it gets pretty crowded, so I was afraid we wouldn't get to see Fantasmic without a FastPass.

DCLcruiser

That's not true.
Can you help me understand what this blog is trying to say?

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disneyland-extra-magic-hour/

“Keep in mind that you can still enter the park early without having access to the attractions. You will be restricted to certain areas. At Disneyland, it is a great time to visit the many characters who are out greeting guests. Then before the official opening you can make your way to the rope drop. There is not much going on in California Adventure, so you do not need to get there until closer to rope drop. People will line up at the ropes nearest to the attractions they want to visit first.”

mikenatcity1

Can you help me understand what this blog is trying to say?

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disneyland-extra-magic-hour/

“Keep in mind that you can still enter the park early without having access to the attractions. You will be restricted to certain areas. At Disneyland, it is a great time to visit the many characters who are out greeting guests. Then before the official opening you can make your way to the rope drop. There is not much going on in California Adventure, so you do not need to get there until closer to rope drop. People will line up at the ropes nearest to the attractions they want to visit first.”

At a certain time (sometime usually between 8am-830am or 845am) they will open Buena Vista Street (entrance) to all guests. There will be ropes in the Carthay Circle area stopping non-hotel guests from entering the main attraction areas. Hotel guests using Extra Magic Hours can walk to and from the areas open to them for EMH. I have gone to EMH and gone from RSR to Guardians via Buena Vista Street and cut through the crowds of non-hotel guests.

mikenatcity1

Fairly newbies to Disneyland/Cali Adventure and MaxPass only been once before and never with MaxPass, we frequent WDW. We plan on purchasing Max Pass as we will only be there for two days. Can anyone confirm what is hit hardest at rope drop? Guardians or Radiator Springs, trying to decide which to get to first and then which to fast pass immediately when walking through the gates! Thanks!

Hi! You're going to find MaxPass is amazing! As soon as your ticket is scanned, you can purchase MaxPass. If you're in the park before official park opening and they scan your ticket, you can still purchase AND schedule a fastpass! If you're there at rope drop, head to the attraction you want to ride the most and immediately score a FP to the other. If you're lucky, the FP will be within minutes of your first ride. Pay close attention to the time you can pull another FP- this is where you can use MaxPass to get through so many things!

Personally? I'd go to Guardians and FP Radiator Springs Racers- the queue to Guardians is beautiful with so much to look at- RSR is boring and no different for FP or regular. We did this last time and had great luck without having to fight horrible crowds!

Once your time hits for RSR, make sure to grab a FP for Soarin' as those tend to go quickly.

Enjoy your time! I'm sure it will be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom