Rope Drop Slinky Dog?

jrogue

Hey there! So I made my FP reservations for Hollywood Studios, but the only Slinky FP I could get was for 8pm. I feel like that wastes my day in terms of fast passes, so I was wondering if anyone had any success rope dropping Slinky. I'm going in October, so I'm thinking maybe everyone will be rope dropping Galaxy's Edge, leaving the rest of the rides a little freer?

Any advice would be very appreciated :)

Schneewittchen

I can only speak to my experience in April. Rope dropping worked for us, we only waited about 40 minutes from the moment we joined the herd to getting on the ride. Then we were able to do a relatively short wait for the alien saucers (about 30 minutes I think).

Upvote 0

Tobes58

Rope drop is the best bet, as long as you get there early!!! If park opens at 9am get there 7:30 - 7:45, If EMH get there 6:30 - 6:45. Of course with GE open there will be many people doing the same. Also grab n go breakfast work best for this just eat on line. My wife and I are early risers so getting to parks early are fine with us, might be a bit tougher with little ones in tow!!
(See photos, looking in front of us and behind)
Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
Rope drop is the best bet, as long as you get there early!!! If park opens at 9am get there 7:30 - 7:45, If EMH get there 6:30 - 6:45. Of course with GE open there will be many people doing the same. Also grab n go breakfast work best for this just eat on line. My wife and I are early risers so getting to parks early are fine with us, might be a bit tougher with little ones in tow!!
(See photos, looking in front of us and behind)
View attachment 397893

View attachment 397894
whoooaaaaahhhhh that's way more people than I would have expected! And thanks! The EMH for the mornings start at 6am, so hopefully that will put a lot of people off of arriving early! haha

Upvote 0

13*Minute*Wait

Rope dropping Slinky Dog in April with my wife for our anniversary was one of the most fun experiences I've had at Disney.

Park opened at 8:00 for extra magic hours. We arrived at 7:00. These were all of the people here at that time:

By 7:20, they'd let guests inside, and we were at the front where they stop you about halfway down the street:

I didn't know what to expect from here. I don't know why I thought it was going to be a mad dash of people running to Toy Story Land, but was pleasantly surprised when this happed at 7:35:

By 7:45, we're walking into Toy Story Land. How cool:

We were on the ride at 8:02:

So we waited a total of 1 hour to ride the ride, but it was a lot more fun of an experience doing it this way, than just waiting in line for an hour at some random time of the day.

Hope this helps. Have fun!!

BTW, on each video, I turn the camera around to see the crowd

(EDIT: click on the Imgur video to open it in Imgur, then enable sound)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
2 points:

1. We planned on RDing SDD. It was broken at RD, so we flipped over to TSM and A.S.S. By the time it was open, the line was crazy. Having a FP, even if it's late, makes it more likely to ride without having to wait in a ridiculous line (if it's down for maintenance, you have a good shot at getting another FP if you complain nicely).

2. We ended up riding it at night, and I am so glad that we did. I'm sure it's fun in the daytime, but it is really amazing at night.

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
Rope dropping Slinky Dog in April with my wife for our anniversary was one of the most fun experiences I've had at Disney.

Park opened at 8:00 for extra magic hours. We arrived at 7:00. These were all of the people here at that time:

View attachment 397895

By 7:20, they'd let guests inside, and we were at the front where they stop you about halfway down the street:

View attachment 397897

I didn't know what to expect from here. I don't know why I thought it was going to be a mad dash of people running to Toy Story Land, but was pleasantly surprised when this happed at 7:35:

By 7:45, we're walking into Toy Story Land. How cool:

We were on the ride at 8:02:

View attachment 397907

So we waited a total of 1 hour to ride the ride, but it was a lot more fun of an experience doing it this way, than just waiting in line for an hour at some random time of the day.

Hope this helps. Have fun!!

BTW, on each video, I turn the camera around to see the crowd

(EDIT: click on the Imgur video to open it in Imgur, then enable sound)

Thank you so much! This was super helpful!!

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
2 points:

1. We planned on RDing SDD. It was broken at RD, so we flipped over to TSM and A.S.S. By the time it was open, the line was crazy. Having a FP, even if it's late, makes it more likely to ride without having to wait in a ridiculous line (if it's down for maintenance, you have a good shot at getting another FP if you complain nicely).

2. We ended up riding it at night, and I am so glad that we did. I'm sure it's fun in the daytime, but it is really amazing at night.
Thank you -- super helpful. I'm thinking I'll just RD TSM instead since that probably has better capacity!

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

Highly recommend the rope dropping Slink Dog just for the reason of getting into the queue before the first FP riders enter. We arrived at 7:30 am for an 8:00 am rope drop back in June and by 8:35 am we were walking off the attraction and heading over the TSM. So efficient.
Additionally- I always hesitate to reserve a FP for an outdoor ride after 1:00pm due to the pop up storms that come through. I know you will receive a “Multiple Experiences” FP but your opportunity to go on that attraction may be toast for the day.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've done it twice.
Both times I had a perfectly fine experience.
First time I didn't stop until I sat in a ride vehicle.
Second time I had about an 8 minute wait total.
Just be mindful of your surroundings and patient with the few that can act annoying on the walk back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom