Rooms?

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Hey guys! I was just wondering, what would you recommend bringing that Disney doesn't have listed? Anything really random that you wish you would have had?? Also, should I bring my own dishes and cooking/eating utensils...or are theirs ok?

juan

wireless internet router
TV
pur filter for kitchen sink
foam bed cushion

their dishes are fine

joanna71985

I second a pad for the bed. Those mattresses are HARD! Also, I would recommend a:
lamp
cold weather clothing (it can, and does, get cold in the winter)
a reliable alarm clock (mine didn't go off a couple of times last time, and I was late for work)
If you are driving, I would suggest a little fold-up table for a laptop
A mini fridge (again, if driving)

tinkerbell88

Here is what they say to bring:
  • Set of linens and bedding (twin-size sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, etc.)
  • TV/VCR/DVD player and a coaxial cable
  • Stereo (small)
  • Phone card
  • Answering machine
  • Cordless phone (The phone provided in the apartment has a cord.)
  • Cell phone (Check with your current provider for coverage information.)
  • Alarm clock
  • Beach towel, suntan lotion and/or sunscreen
  • Camera and film
  • Casual and professional clothing (Please refer to the Disney Look Guidelines for assistance.)
  • Sweater or jacket
  • Dress shoes
  • Combination lock for your in-room locker
  • Computer with an Ethernet card
  • An anti-virus program that runs constantly and updates its virus definitions
  • A firewall program
  • A wireless router
  • Small computer desk/stand and lamp
  • Copies and/or originals of important documents (You must present your original Social Security card during your arrival process.)
  • Cosmetics/toiletries
  • Credit card and traveler's checks (if available)
  • Health insurance information
  • Personal medications, including prescription drugs if needed
  • Walt Disney World® phone numbers and contact information
  • Writing paper, envelopes and pens
What else should I bring?

Magicmyway

Hey! I second the router! I dont think our apartment would have made it without that. Id bring a fan, just because in my situation two of my roomies were freezebabies and we all had to decide on a mutual air condition temp so I just ran a fan. Also, a desk lamp wouldn't be bad for the nightstand. I used those clear plastic drawers (from walmart, dollar general, target) in the closet for extra storage. A frying pan, theres isnt exactly a frying pan and honestly isnt good. lol. I brought a new shower curtain. Bath rugs too, the floor is cold!!! It made it more homey and I knew it was brand new. lol (Im a neat freak) A waste basket for your room. Extra tennis shoes-- mine were gross down there from rainstorms and such. I don't remember if this is on the list, but an umbrella and an iron. I hope that helps... I cant think of anything else....

Magicmyway

okay so I dont remember if this was supposed to be there, but my roomies and i could never find measuring cups -- we finally bought our own! lol

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
thanks guys! should i bring some chairs for the balcony? isnt there a balcony at chatham?? also, they said we cant bring small fridges!!! was that just recently enforceD?

joanna71985

thanks guys! should i bring some chairs for the balcony? isnt there a balcony at chatham?? also, they said we cant bring small fridges!!! was that just recently enforceD?

Did they? Where did they say that? I'm not questioning you, just wondering where that was because I didn't see that.

For the chairs, the apartments at Vista don't have balconies, and not all the apartments at Chatham have them (both of mine didn't).

tinkerbell88

Did they? Where did they say that? I'm not questioning you, just wondering where that was because I didn't see that.

For the chairs, the apartments at Vista don't have balconies, and not all the apartments at Chatham have them (both of mine didn't).
For those that do have balconies, what do you see out of them? anything good like one of the parks?

Oh question: What disney park is closest to each of the apartments? Always wondered.:animwink:

joanna71985

For those that do have balconies, what do you see out of them? anything good like one of the parks?

Oh question: What disney park is closest to each of the apartments? Always wondered.:animwink:

No unfortunately. At Chatham they only overlook Chatham. And I don't really know how close they are to the parks. If I had to take a guess, I would say maybe Epcot from Chatham?

joanna71985

are there any desks for computers, or do you just have to rely on putting up a lap top on the table when you want to use it?

Nope, unfortunately. You either have to use the dining table, or one of the nightstands in the bedrooms. Chatham also has a sort-of table in the walkway where one computer could be set up I guess. I would recommend getting a folding table or a cheap put-together desk from Walmart.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster

Because they are not allowed, please don’t bring:
  • Candles - Our fire codes prohibit you from burning them.
  • Bicycles - Our facilities don’t have bike paths or storage facilities for them.
  • Small refrigerators
  • Pets of any type - including fish
  • Weapons of any type - including pocket knives
  • Hookah pipes
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/members/login.html

Magicmyway

I didnt even realize that it said dont bring small refridgerators... haha! My roommate and I both had one, my brother had one, and three of our friends did. They checked my room at least twice while it was in there and didnt say anything... I wonder if t really mattters?!

joanna71985

Because they are not allowed, please don’t bring:
  • Candles - Our fire codes prohibit you from burning them.
  • Bicycles - Our facilities don’t have bike paths or storage facilities for them.
  • Small refrigerators
  • Pets of any type - including fish
  • Weapons of any type - including pocket knives
  • Hookah pipes
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/members/login.html

Thanks.:) I am going to say that this has to be new. That was never on the list before.

the rooms come equipped with refrigerators right???

How many of you just bought stuff when you got down there?

I've got a ton of stuff leftover from my college apartment but since i am driving from NJ I think it might just be easier to buy stuff at the local Target...

anythoughts on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom