Rooms you Request at Hotels??

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
Do you think it is getter harder to get the rooms you request at Disney Hotels?

I have read a few times lately that people request rooms in specific parts of hotels and are not getting them?

We are going to ASMo and want Toy Story - getting a bit worried

4 weeks and 3 days to go!!

Jayne

Birmingham UK

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
Rooms etc

Through a tour operator - Thompsons - have made our requests through them - just like last year and I got what I wanted then but this year I am not so sure!

jay_london

I wonder whether you could phone or email WDW direct to check the request. Last year we made requests re our room through thomas cooke and we didnt get anything we wanted so best check b4 you go

jay

The Mom

Premium Member
The first time we stayed at Boardwalk, we had terrific rooms with a great view of epcot! I wrote down our room number, & the numbers of adjacent rooms, and rooms on the floors above & below, for a total of about 12 rooms. I booked directly with WDW, and also checked with the hotel just before we left home, requesting any of those rooms. We ended up with a room in a completely different park of the hotel, on the first floor, with no view! It really depends on how crowded things are when you check-in. The usual response is" We'll see what we can do, but we can't guarantee your request." Sometimes requests work, sometimes not.

BMFdisney

I dont think you can request what theme room you want. They never let us, but it all could depend on when you are going. All-Star Movies will book up faster then the Sports and Music.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by BMFdisney
I dont think you can request what theme room you want. They never let us, but it all could depend on when you are going. All-Star Movies will book up faster then the Sports and Music.

well we have never had a problem in requested the room we wanted at either sports or movies, :)

Debbie

We have always requested a ground level room at the Polynesian. But although I smoke, I take a non-smoking room and I smoke on the patio. Our requests have always been granted but I have to wonder if it's because we check in as early as possible; even if we have to wait for our room to be cleaned. We usually drive all night to be at the Welcome Center in Ocala, Florida for 9am and then drive the last hour to Lake Buena Vista to check in as soon as possible.
P.S. We drive to the WDW Welcome Center to get a walk-in rate. We do not make reservations for this reason although I think next time we are going to try Mousesavers.com discount codes. The bottom line is it may depend on what time you check in. I would try calling the hotel directly the evening before you leave and see what they say.

Smee

Your chances are better if you check in early, do it in the morning before 9:00 AM. You won't get in the room right away but the desk CM will have more choices.

We just stayed at AKL, ASM, and WL and got all the rooms we wanted.

Ariel

I agree - I think early check in counts big time. We have always been able to check in before noon and always gotten the room we requested at either the Caribbean or Dixie. Last year our flight was cancelled and we didn't arrive until after 7pm and got stuck way out in a totally far off place at the caribbean. Hopefully you'll be able to get there early enough so that you can get the room you'd like :)

tigger1968

We just returned from WDW, where we stayed at ASMusic. There were five of us, and I had requested the set up where you get connecting rooms with one room a king bed (for me and the wife) and the other with two doubles (the MIL and niece and nephew). I also requested the Calypso bulidings (repeatedly) because they are closest to the main building. I booked directly thru CR. I called the morning that we left for WDW and confirmed my reservations. The CM told me that they had my Calypso request in the system twice (!) so I hoped all would be well. Of course, when we arrived at check-in, we were told that we would have two non connecting rooms in the Country Fair bldgs (the farthest away), both with double beds! After some back and forth with the CM and her manager, we worked it out that we stayed in connecting rooms with double beds that night, and then while we were at the parks the next day, they moved us to the set up we wanted in the Calypso building! Everyone at the front desk was very nice and did their best to help us. The only thing that steamed me was that we could not get into our new rooms until after 4, just like a new check-in. Nobody told us, so that was frustrating. Once again, the CMs were very apologetic.

You can request anything, but they won't make any promises. We persisted, and were able to get what we wanted. We found that the CMs will try to accomodate your request as best they can. It took a day, but we were happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom