Room security checks

debpeduz

Original Poster
Hello All!
I apologize but I haven’t found anything recent on the this topic.
We are DVC. Can anyone give me the true rundown on what the daily security checks entail? Do they happen at all resorts? Including DVC rooms? Has Disney gotten rid of the “Do Not Disturb” signs? If so, what do these checks entail? We have small kiddos who will be napping (the parents will be napping too!) and this will certainly dampen nap time! We were last at Disney May of last year and had no issue. Is this something for us to be aware of?

bUU

My understanding is that housekeeping will knock regardless of Do Not Disturb signs that may be displayed, as they're required to empty the trash (as a cover for doing the security check) in every single villa, every single day.

Chi84

Premium Member
We've done four, one-week long stays since the policy was put in place and no one ever knocked when the sign was up. We did take it down when we went to the parks around 10 each day. We usually returned to the room in the late afternoon to get ready for dinner, then took the sign down again when we left. We have seen Room Occupied signs on neighboring doors that seemed never to be taken down, so I supposed someone would eventually call or knock under those circumstances.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes all rooms get a daily check.
They will knock on the door.
If no one responds they assume no one is there and will open the door and look in the room and leave.
If someone is there and answers the door they will ask to come in for a minute and if its inconvenient they will come back later.
There are no DND signs but there are "room occupied" signs.
It could be annoying but its nothing terribly intrusive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom