Room refurb at old key west!

mouselvrmom

While there's a part of me that really hopes we get a refurbed room in August, there is also that part of me that would be sad not to get to see the old golden girls looking bedroom. :lookaroun:lol:

floridabill

Original Poster
While there's a part of me that really hopes we get a refurbed room in August, there is also that part of me that would be sad not to get to see the old golden girls looking bedroom. :lookaroun:lol:

:ROFLOL: ahaha right! I have been wondering when it was time for old key west to get new rooms glad to see they finally got on that!! but the golden girl rooms will be missed.

Figment82

Thank goodness they're not so PINK anymore! I like the new look - not overly modern, but it's not supposed to be. I think they struck a nice balance.

The new color scheme is much appreciated, and much less Golden Girly (I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it looked like that!).

daikonjam

I heard they're getting new TV's and Beds. Thank GAWD Last time i stayed there the beds were rock sollid and the TV's so small it's hard to see from the bed. Phooey. Glad that's being fixed!

dreamfinder

Looks nice. Hard to tell from those pics since there isn't any real cohesive wide angle view, but it does look like a good refurb.

jakeman

Good news. We stayed there for the marathon and were not impressed at all.

We got a survey and it probably took me the longest of any survey I've gotten regarding the resorts (and not in a good way).

kapeman

For a supposed 98% refurb, it doesn't look like it.

I am mostly pleased with the changes, but I am very disappointed that the bathrooms were barely touched.

That is the one area that needs updating the most.

Erin_Akey

We are staying there for the first time for Food and Wine in October and then booked there again for the Disney Half Marathon in January just because of proximity to starting piont of race. We cancelled our one bedroom at Kidani Village and swapped to OKW and hope we do not regret that!

I just could not see being in the farthest resort from the race when we have to be there at 4am!

fingers crossed!!!!:(

floridabill

Original Poster
We are staying there for the first time for Food and Wine in October and then booked there again for the Disney Half Marathon in January just because of proximity to starting piont of race. We cancelled our one bedroom at Kidani Village and swapped to OKW and hope we do not regret that!

I just could not see being in the farthest resort from the race when we have to be there at 4am!

fingers crossed!!!!:(

Well it definitely makes sense to be closer. And OKW is very nice, peaceful and quiet it's just the rooms were dated and over due to a remodel! but the new ones are much nicer! Hopefully you get a new room!:) maybe you can try and request a remodeled room?? it's worth a shot.

WDWFigment

Good news. We stayed there for the marathon and were not impressed at all.

We got a survey and it probably took me the longest of any survey I've gotten regarding the resorts (and not in a good way).

You should have called Member Services. I called our guide, emailed him a picture of our room (specifically, the mold), and the next day I got a call back from Member Satisfaction indicating all of the points had been refunded to our account for the stay. I didn't even ask for anything, just told them I wanted to voice my disappointment.

stlbobby

You should have called Member Services. I called our guide, emailed him a picture of our room (specifically, the mold), and the next day I got a call back from Member Satisfaction indicating all of the points had been refunded to our account for the stay. I didn't even ask for anything, just told them I wanted to voice my disappointment.

I think this is one aspect where WDW is definitely head and shoulders above the rest. When a guest complains they really go above and beyond to correct the situation. They understand a gift basket or refund is absolutely worth it to bring people back.

On one visit I arrived to my resort I was visibly upset from a run in with a flight attendant on my flight in. The CM at the resort was extra nice to me and later I had a small basket of treats in my room as a way to make-up for something that happened at the airport.

If you have an issue always bring it to management's attention at the time. They have so many more options to make things right in the moment than they do after the fact.

Please understand I am not advocating trying to work the system, only complain about legitimate issues.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
2 bedrooms look better. Studios look as rough as when I was there last year. I stayed to check the resort off my list but I wouldn't go back. Just have the campgrounds and Saratoga to go and I'll have stayed everywhere. OKW is my least fave.

Erin_Akey

1. This is REALLY good to know as a pretty new DVC member
2. I am a hopeless romantic and looked at your link for the wedding site and it made me cry! AWESOME STUFF!!! :sohappy:

Glen Quagmire

Old Key West is the most polarizing of all the Vacation Club Resorts, I have stayed there almost every year since 93 and my family loves it every time. Maybe it's just that it is "home" to us. Although I can't really argue with the mold problem. I think the updates should make things a little nicer. Are they going to do away with the maps that are hanging on the wall in the hallway that leads to the master bedroom? I have enjoyed looking at that map since I was a little kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom