Room Charges - Rewards $ And Gift Cards

KrzyKtty

Please feel free to move this if I picked the wrong place.

We are going to Disney in 2 weeks, and this is our first time since the magic bands were used. This is also our first time using the dining plan

How does the charging to the room tab work? Because in pre-check in it asked for our credit card. However, we have a lot of rewards dollars and gift cards we would like to use to pay for tips, souvenirs, and meals outside of our dinning plan.

Can we bill tips and meals to the room? Do most shops at Disney Springs allow billing to the room? How do we get Disney to allow us to pay with the gift cards and rewards dollars instead of the credit card on our pre-check in?

Slightly off topic. I know that if we present our Disney Visa/Rewards card that we can get a discount at the stores. Can we have it billed to the room and just present our card for the discount?

I saw a few threads on this when I searched, but they were a couple years old and I know things can change.

Rob562

Please feel free to move this if I picked the wrong place.

We are going to Disney in 2 weeks, and this is our first time since the magic bands were used. This is also our first time using the dining plan

How does the charging to the room tab work? Because in pre-check in it asked for our credit card. However, we have a lot of rewards dollars and gift cards we would like to use to pay for tips, souvenirs, and meals outside of our dinning plan.

Can we bill tips and meals to the room? Do most shops at Disney Springs allow billing to the room? How do we get Disney to allow us to pay with the gift cards and rewards dollars instead of the credit card on our pre-check in?

Slightly off topic. I know that if we present our Disney Visa/Rewards card that we can get a discount at the stores. Can we have it billed to the room and just present our card for the discount?

I saw a few threads on this when I searched, but they were a couple years old and I know things can change.

I can't help with the rewards card discount questions, but for room charging you'll have to open the account with a credit or debit card. No holds get placed on the card. You can then visit the front desk and use gift cards (and I presume rewards dollars) to pay-down the room charge account balance.

But note that you must do this before you reach your charge limit on the account, and also no later than midnight the night before you check out. In either of those cases, the charges will push through to the card on file and it's a pain to change things around.

Oh, and most places in Disney Springs should take room charges, even if they don't directly accept gift cards.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom