Room Assignmnts for VGT after Paying in Full?

DisSplash

Original Poster
Just curious ... we are booked on one of those exciting Star Wars cruise and anxiously waiting for the Force to be with us as far as our VGT room assignment goes, as we were hoping for a specific verandah room (or one of those nearby). We are not yet paid in full, but will be soon, and I was wondering whether that final event will mean we would get our room assignment sooner? If not, what's the earliest we will actually get this info? It's hard not knowing where we will be exactly, but I was told by the TA upon booking that VGT was the way to go on these cruises since they were selling out fast last winter.

I asked the TA this question along with a couple of others, but she did not actually answer this one. Maybe one of you can help?

Tom

Beta Return
I'm not sure how it works with this specialty booking, but for a GTA room on most cruises, you find out your room assignment once everyone has paid in full (i.e. after the 75-day mark). So, even if you're a Castaway Club member and pay early, and begin Online Check-In early, you don't find out your room until the entire ship has been assigned.

Disneyfalcon

I hope the force is indeed with you! :)

I'm going to guess you meant you booked a GTY room. There's a big difference between GTY and a VGT room and I haven't seen any VGT rates for Star Wars cruises, not to mention you would be paid in full if you booked a VGT room. With a GTY room, you are guaranteed a verandah in the specific category you booked or higher. Usually it's in the category you booked, but it's possible you will get a higher category.

Is the room you want in the category you booked? If so, you could get it, but odds aren't that great. Your category was so full that there were only a few rooms left. The odds that the room you wanted is one of them isn't great, but stranger things have happened.

If you really want to pick a specific room, or if there's a chance you will be disappointed with any of the rooms in your category, I'd recommend changing categories and picking a specific room.

If you are comfortable with anything in that category, then stick with it. 30 days before your cruise is a good rule of thumb for room assignments, but it certainly could happen sooner or later. Your travel agent will be notified when your room is assigned.

Good luck!

DisSplash

Original Poster
Thanks for the help! And you are right -- we are in 5E GTY! There are just too many acronyms for me and frazzled brain to keep track of ...:eek:

I actually did try to book a specific room last February, but my TA said Disney was only selling them as GTY due to the demand, which explains what I currently have. I even called Disney at the time (as I thought that was strange) and the person I spoke to confirmed that. In any event, I wonder whether I should call again as maybe that restriction has been lifted?

Disneyfalcon

Thanks for the help! And you are right -- we are in 5E GTY! There are just too many acronyms for me and frazzled brain to keep track of ...:eek:

I actually did try to book a specific room last February, but my TA said Disney was only selling them as GTY due to the demand, which explains what I currently have. I even called Disney at the time (as I thought that was strange) and the person I spoke to confirmed that. In any event, I wonder whether I should call again as maybe that restriction has been lifted?

No problem! 5E must have been in GTY, meaning almost all of the 5E's were almost gone. Categories do come out of GTY sometimes, but not very often. You can check online to see if it's out, by pricing your cruise with the same number of guests you have in the room, and seeing if you get an option to pick a room number.

If it's still in GTY, you can stick with it or you could change categories and pick a room number. If you're after one of the big verandahs, sticking with the 5E GTY is probably the way to go. It's possible you'll be upgraded to a 5D or higher and get a standard verandah, but you will hopefully get a 5E. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom