Rookie Pin Trader

rjmagic16

Original Poster
Hey Guys I wonder if you can help me out. I never have traded Disney Pins before but have recently become very interested in trading Disney Pins and meeting people at the Parks.

1) How do I get started
2) Is it easy for people to come up and trade with you.

I am sorry if this sounds stupid, like I said I have never done this before and want to start and have fun with it. I will be going to Disney in Oct. should I buy pins before I go or at the Parks :eek:

Thanks for all the help

The_CEO

>>> Is it easy for people to come up and trade with you <<<< You just have to have the pin they want ;) :)

~ Jusitn...

WDWManic

There are some die-hard pin traders there that will like tackle you to getyou to trade your pins, its kinda funny though.

VillianFan

If you want to trade pins with the CMs then buy them at home. They are cheaper than in the parks. However, a lot of the traders at the parks are looking for more rare and odd pins. We found that we got comfortable trading with the CMs and then started talking to other guests. It seemed easiest for all of my family, there were 5 of us trading, if we all picked a specific theme or character. Then you know what you are looking for!

The most important part is to remember that it is supposed to be fun!

DanStat

Like villainfan said, pick a theme.

Don't always look for limited editions, etc., look for what you want, or what catches your eye.

Buy a lanyard, and pin album. That way you can keep track of what you have, or want.

Go to disney.com and do a search for pin trading...they just opened a new website devoted to pin trading.

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by rjmagic16

1) How do I get started

2) Is it easy for people to come up and trade with you.

First of all, welcome to the huge world of Disney Pin Trading. I've been trading personally for 1.5 years and work as a Merchandise Host usually in the Pin Locations. I know a lot about Pin Trading.

First off, Pin Trading can be done with Any Cast Members or guests wearing lanyards. These are the black straps that hang around the neck. Us CMs have about 12 pins to trade on each lanyard. The great thing about trading with CM's is that we can't refuse a trade in MOST circumstances! We can only trade Disney pins and only those that aren't on our lanyard. Say for example you see the exact same type of Mickey pin, we can't accept it if you want to trade that one. To keep it fair for others, we have to limit trades to two per person.

There are also other great resources about pins online. Some sites that I visit often are Dizpins and Dizneypins which cover news on the latest in pins. Pinpics has a massive online database of pins and includes a way of trading online. And we also have the Official Disney Pin Trading Site While its not really complete now, that will change when it is officially launched August 4th.

Feel free to ask anything else about Pin Trading!

TinkerBell9988

It's very easy to get started with Pin Trading! I have over 300 pins myself, and I sell them on eBay. Buy/Trade ONLY what you like. It's a lot of fun, so don't be shy :eek: . That's how I was when I first started. But I'm still afraid of those pin sharks! :eek:

mej

I found it quite scary!! And I'm a grown up!! Some of the traders are intimidating and were not keen on my daughter (a sensible and supervised 7 year old) looking at their pins as the pins on her lanyard were "just rack pins"! She didn't know what the fuss was as to her , her pins were "special" - all Peter Pan linked and she was offended! She got some of the lanyard pins from CMs and then people were nicer! I must say that there were some exceptions to this - Craig, if you read this, she treasures the Tink that you GAVE, not traded her and Peter, your honesty was much appreciated (he wouldn't take advantege of her and trade her Opening Day Build a pin for the rack pin she wanted - he gave her the rack pin AND 2 other "special" ones)

tiggerlover1971

i know when i went two weeks ago the pin sharks are very snooty and didnt give me the time of day i just traded with the very friendly cast members they had the snow white pins the I got all of them except doc and grumpy i know i probably will never get grumpy because he is going for a lot on ebay but if any one knows where i could find doc please let me know they are the tiny little pins that came out with snow white dvd i think years ago

craziebabie1

There are also a lot of Pin Trader fairs where you can get a lot of really good deals on pins. I have gotten them for 25cents to $1.00 a piece. Great way to get your trader pins.

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by craziebabie1
There are also a lot of Pin Trader fairs where you can get a lot of really good deals on pins. I have gotten them for 25cents to $1.00 a piece. Great way to get your trader pins.

please tell me where are these fairs got to go to them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom