romantic meals

brresler

Original Poster
Hey,
So I'm starting to plan my upcoming trip to the World for October, and I'm going for the first time alone with gf (we've been there together with a group - before we were dating - obviously a completely different experience). I really want to show her how romantic WDW can be (perhaps I'll convince her to consider a Disney Wedding... somewhere down the road). So I'm trying to decide on at least one or two romantic meals (we're on a budget, so I can't go all out). Some of the ideas I'm contemplating include Citrico's, Narcoosee's, California Grill, Le Cellier... A few other things to consider - because of the limited schedule in Oct, it may be hard to make Cali Grill fit with fireworks, which is supposedly one of the big draws. We will be staying on property and will have AP's. I'm also buying her tickets to La Nouba for our upcoming anniversary - perhaps I can make a night out of it. Anyway, any thoughts you all might have on quality, price, atmosphere, etc are hugely appreciated! And not just on the few ideas I have! Thanks!

happymom52003

My two favorite places for a romantic meal are Narcooses's and Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge). I love the setting at Narcoosee's...being on the water, the view of the castle, and the general formal feeling you get at the Grand Floridian. Artist Point is also beautiful...the grounds of the WL are so romantic and peaceful, especially at night.

828tnt

first, narcoose's rock's! really rocks! besides that, the limited schedule (for cali) may be because of the mnsshp schedule- take advantage of it and the romantic fireworks!

some really good choices in there. i'll throw a few others out that aren't crazy expensive, although prolly not cheap....

jiko- great meal
shula's- very intimate
lastly, - the bistro de paris! it get forgotten and you can usually get illuminations resi's!

DisneyFanLS

Even tho it is a bit pricey...:rolleyes: for my money there is nothing to compare to the California Grill. We had a table next to the windows overlooking the castle and an excellent view of fireworks. Also, they lower the internal lights during the show and the soundtrack is piped into the restaurant. It was a VERY romantic evening for us anyway. Good luck!!! :wave:

SOLISIMO

My two favorite places for a romantic meal are Narcooses's and Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge). I love the setting at Narcoosee's...being on the water, the view of the castle, and the general formal feeling you get at the Grand Floridian. Artist Point is also beautiful...the grounds of the WL are so romantic and peaceful, especially at night.

first, narcoose's rock's! really rocks! besides that, the limited schedule (for cali) may be because of the mnsshp schedule- take advantage of it and the romantic fireworks!

some really good choices in there. i'll throw a few others out that aren't crazy expensive, although prolly not cheap....

jiko- great meal
shula's- very intimate
lastly, - the bistro de paris! it get forgotten and you can usually get illuminations resi's!

I see a trend here:lol:, I would have to agree, me and my wife ate here the night before our wedding in Disney and it was during the Fire Works to!:sohappy:

zurgandfriend

lastly, - the bistro de paris! it get forgotten and you can usually get illuminations resi's![/QUOTE]

DW and I ate there on our honeymoon, a good choice for a romantic meal.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you want to go a little more casual, I suggest the fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose. The restaurant has some very good basic italian foods. The atmosphere is also very nice inside, although since it is in a theme park there are a good amount of kids around. But get a bottle of wine, have a nice meal, and then go see Fantasmic, I know my fiance and I also find that to be very romantic.

sublimesting

Biregarten in Germany Pavilion. Nothing says romance like a weinerschnitzel.

I'll save you all the trouble and go ahead and say "That's what she said."

TxNewsies

DH and I went to California Grill for the first time this past summer (was a surprise Birthday Dinner for my DH). We absolutely loved it! We had a table by the window during fireworks. Although - we took our drinks and stood outside to watch since it was so gorgeous out. It was such an amazing atmosphere and best meal we have had and very romantic.

So, California Grill is my recommendation. We went the first week in August and I came up with the idea to surprise DH at the last minute. I was able to get a 9:20 reservation about a month before our trip.

RiversideBunny

Don't forget Casey's Corner in the Magic Kingdom.
There's nothing more romantic than looking at each other over hot dogs as you bite into them and get mustard on your face. Intertwine your arms.

Ah, romance is in the air.
:king:

stlbobby

Narcoossee's is a wonderful choice. It is a great place for Wishes, and the water and quiet atmosphere are perfect for couples.

Califonia Grill is also great, but when you check in ask for a table in the Wine room. It is a room in the back where they only seat small parties. It is a quieter atmosphere and generally where the best servers are stationed. perfect for the romantic moment.

While the fireworks are the prime draw at CG, if they don't fit your schedule, or it is completely booked when you call, go at sunset. The sun dropping over the lake and MK is in it's own way just as moving as the fireworks. And you'll get bonus points for thinking outside the box plus it will be quieter earlier in the evening.

Finally, to save few dollars CG has a great lounge area that you don't need a reservtion for and can sit on a comfortable couch with a glass of wine or an appetizer. Narcoossee's also has a bar, but if you are going this route CG is the better choice.

brresler

Original Poster
Thanks! From what it sounds like, they're all great! Would HalloWishes be as romantic? Is there a way to find out what time that happens this far in advance? Which has a better view of the fireworks - Narcoosee's or Cali Grill? Is it possible to request a table with a good view? I have a few more days before the 180 day window opens up, so I've got a lot of deciding to do! Keep the suggestions coming! Its so helpful!

brresler

Original Poster
California Grill, booked for just before sunset. Then we'll be off to La Nouba for the late show. Thanks everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom