Romantic Dining

kayde

Original Poster
This coming June, my fiance and I will be traveling to Disney World for our honeymoon. I will be making our dinner reservations very soon, and although I'm sure Pop Century has great food, we are wanting to try out a restaurant in one of the deluxe hotels. Though I have been to Disney a lot over the years, I have only tried Chef Mickey's.

I'm looking for somewhere on our dinning plan with much more of a romantic setting. Any ideas?

lbrad

My DH & I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary @ WDW in Nov.
We ate at Narccoossee's during "Wishes" one night. We had a very sweet server. Food was delicious. We were given a complimentary glass of champange with a strawberry across the top of the glass....very nice!!!
We were treated like royalty :king:

We also ate at California Grill. Also very nice. Both are pricey!!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My DH & I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary @ WDW in Nov.
We ate at Narccoossee's during "Wishes" one night. We had a very sweet server. Food was delicious. We were given a complimentary glass of champange with a strawberry across the top of the glass....very nice!!!
We were treated like royalty :king:

We also ate at California Grill. Also very nice. Both are pricey!!!

Im hoping to try California Grill in Seepte,ber, this sounds like a good spot, either have ur meal with wishes in the background or have a meal and then watch wishes from atop the contemporary :sohappy:

rkelly42

I would go with the California Grill. Great food and great view, especially if you have a table during wishes.

tmbcole

California Grill during Wishes is fantastic. The service and food are top notch. You're also going to pay top dollar, but it's well worth it. You can't always get a reservation/table by the window, but after you finish your meal, you can go to the observation deck and watch the fireworks. The atmosphere can't be beat.

Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is also another nice choice. Again, the service and food are excellent. Management even calls you the next day to thank you for having dinner with them and to ensure your meal was exactly what you expected. The last time we went to Flying Fish for our 10th anniversary, they gave us the menus to keep as well as a complimentary glass of champagne.

Good luck & congrats.:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is also another nice choice. Again, the service and food are excellent. Management even calls you the next day to thank you for having dinner with them and to ensure your meal was exactly what you expected. The last time we went to Flying Fish for our 10th anniversary, they gave us the menus to keep as well as a complimentary glass of champagne.
Management never phoned me after eating at FF. Perhaps they knew they wouldn't be getting a stellar review. Our service was horrendous, the restaurant was very noisy and furthest from "romantic" I could imagine. The food was great, but waiting 20+ minutes between courses while our server haggled with other customers over their bills was not much fun. From seating to paying the bill was approximately two and a half hours...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Management never phoned me after eating at FF. Perhaps they knew they wouldn't be getting a stellar review. Our service was horrendous, the restaurant was very noisy and furthest from "romantic" I could imagine. The food was great, but waiting 20+ minutes between courses while our server haggled with other customers over their bills was not much fun. From seating to paying the bill was approximately two and a half hours...

Nightmare :fork:

wdwwdeagle

Nightmare :fork:
The poor Disney servers! DH and I are one of those couples that get irritated at the opposite "problem" -- being rushed through a nice meal. We are always having to say, "please don't put our main dish order in until after we are served our appetizers," etc., in order to be able to STAY at our table for 2+ hours! (chuckle.)

Back to topic: I agree w/Cali Grill as a nice choice. However, I enjoyed watching wishes from the beach at the Poly a tiny bit more than I liked rooftop of Contemp. So, if you don't want to spend quite as much $$ as Cali grill, you might also consider Kona Cafe. I won't be eating there until this winter, but from reading the boards, it sounds like the food is very good, it's quiet and not as expensive. Then you can stroll out to the beach and watch the fireworks on the beach with the music piped in. So pretty!

GaBookworm

This coming June, my fiance and I will be traveling to Disney World for our honeymoon. I will be making our dinner reservations very soon, and although I'm sure Pop Century has great food, we are wanting to try out a restaurant in one of the deluxe hotels. Though I have been to Disney a lot over the years, I have only tried Chef Mickey's.

I'm looking for somewhere on our dinning plan with much more of a romantic setting. Any ideas?

That's funny. Almost anywhere has a more romantic atmosphere than Chef Mickey's.

I would recommend any of the non-buffet restaurants in the Grand Floridian.
Good luck.
:)

DizneyPryncess

My vote is also for the California Grille. The most romantic meal I ever had at WDW was on my anniversary with my DH at the Cali Grille. We were window side during Wishes, having dessert. That is hard to beat!

My other favorite place to eat is at the Polynesian, finishing up in time to watch Wishes from the beach. Kona & Ohana are both very good - with a less romantic vibe than California Grill, IMO. However, the food is excellent, and you have the experience of watching Wishes from the beach, which is also hard to beat.

TxNewsies

I agree with everyone who has suggested California Grill. I took my husband for a surprise dinner there over the summer and we feel in love with the restuarant! The atmosphere is amazing and booking a reservation before the fireworks is perfect! Plus, the food is abosultley amazing. Probably the best meal we have ever had! Very romantic!

Ariel484

My husband and I went to Jiko in AKL during our honeymoon in May...the restaurant and lodge are beautiful, the dining room was quiet and the food and service were excellent. It's our favorite restaurant on the property. Be aware that it, like California Grill, is a signature restaurant and takes 2 TS credits on the dining plan. Have a great time on your honeymoon! :wave:

Sweet Melissa

Best wishes, Kayde.

I'm going to echo others' suggestions of Jiko and California Grill. If you're looking for a romantic atmosphere in a hotel restaurant, these are great places, and my first and second favorite restaurants on property, period.

Mouse Man

Ohanas at the Poly for dinner when the sun is down is very romantic and tasty to boot. Then after dinner you can stroll to the small beach and watch the fireworks from MK and then wait a little longer and see the Light parade

worldfanatic

Citricos at the Grand Floridian has a very romantic feel to it.
Plus, just being at the GF adds to the romance factor.
It's obviously much less expensive than Victoria and Alberts, with a quieter and more elegant atmosphere than Narcoossee's.

I really enjoyed Morocco, the food was fun and it was nearly empty, so we ate more or less by ourselves. Our server was AWESOME.

Years ago we ate at the restaurant under the monorail at the contemporary but for some reason I think that's gone now? It was a little noisy because of the monorail every few minutes but that far outweighed the coolness factor. No kids nearby and we were very alone :)

828tnt

of the restaurants we've been to i'd have to agree with cali and narcoosee's. we're trying jiko in three weeks, so i'd be happy to share after that.

but honestly, we've eaten at several other spots that could have been romantic had we not been doing a family type thing:
the coral reef
we love the brown derby!
france has some nice offerings
the yachtsmans steakhouse

enjoy! and congrats!

chwilson88

If you're on your honeymoon and want a romantic, service-oriented fine luxurious dining experience then look no further than Victoria and Albert's...don't cheap out with places like flying fish, etc. No other restaurant on property can compare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom