• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Roll the stone away It's Independence Day! (July 3-5)

Okay folks....
At the beginning of this year, I decided to make it a goal to visit Walt Disney World over Independence Day weekend. Now keep in mind, I've been over New Year's Eve twice, but this is the very first time I am going over Independence Day, plus the first time I will do a weekend trip involving me arriving Saturday, and heading home on Monday afternoon. I ended up booking this at the beginning of May much to my mom's surprise.

Now for the nitty gritty (I am a FL Resident Platinum AP for that matter) -
Here's what the logistics looks like:
Resort: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Room: Outer Building Garden View
Check-in: 7/3/2021
Check-out: 7/5/2021
Length of Stay: 3 Days, 2 Nights

Oh! And did I mention this is my first time EVER staying at Grand Floridian? I've stayed at the Polynesian in November 2007, Boulder Ridge/Wilderness Lodge in December 2017, Yacht Club in July 2019, and the Contemporary in August and December 2020! So this will make it as being that I have stayed at 4 deluxe resorts (this trip will make 5), and now stayed at all three monorail resorts over a course of 14 years!

But enough blabbering, here's the itinerary!
Day 1 - Saturday July 3, 2021
  • Travel to WDW from Lake Mary, via Deland on Amtrak Train 91 to Kissimmee. Connecting to Lynx Link 56 to the Transportation & Ticket Center, and in turn the Monorail to Grand Floridian.
  • Check-In, Settle-In, Unpack, Lunch, Basin White
  • Game Plan for parks goes like this...
    • EPCOT from 3pm to 5pm-ish
    • Hop to Hollywood Studios from 5pm to 7:30pm-ish
      • Trying to Snag an Oga's Canteen ADR and boy is it a PAIN in the rear!
      • No plans to do ROTR
    • Then hop back to EPCOT from 7:30pm to Park Close at 10:00pm
Day 2 - Sunday July 4, 2021 (Independence Day!)
  • This will be a Magic Kingdom day, no intentions of park hopping
  • I've made two ADRs for this day, Skipper's Canteen (for lunch) and Liberty Tree Tavern (for dinner - which could change to California Grill) - Breakfast will either be with room service or at Gasparilla Island Grill
  • May do a midday break if I feel exhausted
  • I am planning to watch Happily Ever After that evening (either in the park or at California Grill)
Day 3 - Monday July 5, 2021
  • I'll probably get up early and pack everything, and then take my suitcase to bell services for them to hang on to it until I come back to head home.
  • Breakfast - Maybe Grand Floridian Cafe?
  • Park Plans - This will be predominantly be an Animal Kingdom day, again no park hopping. Lunch will be at Restaurantosaurus, dinner will be TBD
  • Going home will involve me taking the Monorail to the TTC, and then my usual Link 50/SunRail routing back to Lake Mary
And did I also mention I got the COVID-19 Vaccine too? Having gotten the second dose on June 13! One thing I'd like to mention to everyone, guys please GET THE COVID-19 VACCINE, especially if you're a WDW FL Resident AP like I am.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Only 6 days left!

With the date of the trip quickly approaching, here's what the plan looks like for the rest of the week...
Monday June 28 - Wednesday June 30
  • I have to work those days, and my mom comes over Tuesday to help me pack.
  • Deloitte is having us work from home until the day after Labor Day for that matter
Thursday July 1
  • Deloitte has us off that day, and Friday too, straight through to Monday July 5!
  • I'll use this day to charge my battery packs and camera battery, and run errands as needed
Friday July 2
  • I'll use this day to work to work on cleaning my house, and laundry so that it's done when I come back
  • If needed, I'll finish packing everything so that I am ready to go for Saturday morning.
Saturday July 3
  • I'm going to Disney World that day!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.18.50 PM.png

And guess what I just snagged a few minutes ago....?!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
TWO DAYS TO GO! With me successfully snagging an Oga's Canteen ADR, I've made a slight update to the itinerary...
Day 1 - Saturday July 3, 2021
  • Travel to WDW from Lake Mary, via Deland on Amtrak Train 91 to Kissimmee. Connecting to Lynx Link 56 to the Transportation & Ticket Center, and in turn the Monorail to Grand Floridian.
  • Check-In, Settle-In, Unpack, Lunch, Basin White
  • Game Plan for parks goes like this...
    • EPCOT from 3pm to 5pm-ish
    • Hop to Hollywood Studios from 5pm to 7:30pm-ish
      • Oga's Canteen ADR @ 6:35pm
      • No plans to do ROTR
      • May grab some food at Flower & Garden Fest too?
    • Then hop back to EPCOT from 7:30pm to Park Close at 10:00pm
    • Watching Epcot Forever tonight
Day 2 - Sunday July 4, 2021 (Independence Day!)
  • This will be a Magic Kingdom day, no intentions of park hopping
  • I've made two ADRs for this day, Skipper's Canteen (for lunch) and Liberty Tree Tavern (for dinner - which could change to California Grill) - Breakfast will either be with room service or at Gasparilla Island Grill
  • May do a midday break if I feel exhausted
  • I am planning to watch Happily Ever After that evening (either in the park or at California Grill)
Day 3 - Monday July 5, 2021
  • I'll probably get up early and pack everything, and then take my suitcase to bell services for them to hang on to it until I come back to head home.
  • Breakfast - Maybe Grand Floridian Cafe?
  • Park Plans - This will be predominantly be an Animal Kingdom day, again no park hopping. Lunch will be at Restaurantosaurus, dinner will be TBD
  • Going home will involve me taking the Monorail to the TTC, and then my usual Link 50/SunRail routing back to Lake Mary

BigDis

Following. Can't wait to read more. Congratulations on getting a reservation for Oga's Canteen. We went there on our last trip to WDW. It was a lot of fun.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Following. Can't wait to read more. Congratulations on getting a reservation for Oga's Canteen. We went there on our last trip to WDW. It was a lot of fun.
Was at Oga's Canteen in December 2019 and got a Fuzzy Tauntaun! Man was it good but lips were on fire!
Gonna go for a Jedi Mind Trick this time.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
OK party people,
Today was rather fun, but the start was not that great you see I had to be evacuated off of Splash Mountain this morning.
Crowds were not too too bad, however it was rather busy.
Originally I had intended to do dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, but decided to cancel it as I was able to snag in a walk in at California Grill.
Got to see Happily Ever After from there too!
Now for tomorrow: going back to Magic Kingdom and then home! Originally I had planned to go to animal kingdom, however because I am going take Lynx and SunRail home, I decided to go to a park that would be simpler to connect with, in this case using the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom