ROL package at Tusker House

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We currently have the Rivers of Light package booked for lunch in July.
Currently Rivers of light isn’t showing up on the Disney calendar for that date. Should I be worried about that? Probably it will happen? If not, will they cancel my whole lunch reservation?

Background: It’s our arrival day. Lunch is our first planned activity. We haven’t seen ROL before, mostly due to lack of interest, but thought “what the hell, that could be fun!” My understanding is they give you a paper fast pass at lunch. The plan would be to pass them to somebody if we won’t make it that long in the park. The point of lunch is food out of the heat and characters!

Any thoughts?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I can't speak to whether ROL is showing that night, but we did this on our last trip, and it was great. Tusker House has really good food (both "safe" and some more adventurous fare, which is not typical at Disney buffets), the characters are in fun costumes, and the parade through the restaurant is a lot of fun. The seating for the show was fine, and while some folks aren't impressed, we enjoyed ROL. Before the show, we swung by Dinoland and my then-3-year-old had a blast at the dance party. After ROL, we crossed the park and saw Pandora at night, which was really beautiful. Enjoy!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
They often don’t post showtimes for Fantasmic! and RoL our that far. If you secured a dining package, you should be good, barring a weather related cancellation.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks all! We’re happy with Tusker House either way. We like to start a trip with characters when we can, so it should be fun. We’ve been before, so we know what to expect.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
ROL isnt something that you need to get a package of dining + seats to attend.. There are always seats available.

JohnD

Thanks all! We’re happy with Tusker House either way. We like to start a trip with characters when we can, so it should be fun. We’ve been before, so we know what to expect.

If you book the latest breakfast (e.g. 10:55), you might actually get a "brunch". Starting around 11am or so, they remove the breakfast items and put out the lunch/dinner items. So it would be a win-win for food choices.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
If you book the latest breakfast (e.g. 10:55), you might actually get a "brunch". Starting around 11am or so, they remove the breakfast items and put out the lunch/dinner items. So it would be a win-win for food choices.
Yes! We’ve done that before, but can’t this time. It’s our arrival day, so we’re booked for lunch at 1:15. Flight should touch down at 9, so we should be okay time-wise. If not, my sister and niece can just eat without us. They get in the day before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom