• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Roger Rabbit's Hollywood (scrapped planned for Disney-MGM Studios in 1990s)

JIMINYCR

I’m what many here would disparage as woke, yet I love Jessica. Why assume such outrage if you haven’t actually encountered any?
Assuming outrage because its been the pattern thats been established and promoted and pushed by so many... in some cases unwarranted recently and because the opposition is being shouted down and shut out.

LittleBuford

Assuming outrage because its been the pattern thats been established and promoted and pushed by so many... in some cases unwarranted recently and because the opposition is being shouted down and shut out.
If these boards are anything to go by, those decrying the "woke mob" are far louder, more numerous, and more easily triggered than the so-called SJWs.

Jessica Forever!

spock8113

Roger Rabbit, while somewhat groundbreaking cinematography, ran it's course rather quickly. In many respects Roger Rabbit was much like Bugs Bunny, kids cartoons with mostly adult overtones. RR was a one-movie franchise that saw it's day. Unfortunately, time and movies march on and people want more up-to-date experiences. We love the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the movie but that movie is rarely shown anymore and it is getting old, just look at "Tommy" Kirk. "Hey look, a man getting squished!"
Most people don't really associate with it as much as they used to, especially kids. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin is fine and is simply a re-themed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Awesome.
The Avatar part of the Animal Kingdom was built late in the franchise and I see that fading as you read right now.
Another "ride" that was a one shot deal was at Universal, "Twister". Universal was smart and saw the short life of this franchise and it was removed after a few years. Backdraft at Universal Caleeforneeya too.
I've never been a Roger Rabbit fan and that may hold true with many people. Truth is, the Disney classic animations and more recent movies are the target audience. Themed rides and areas outside of movies seem to be the stalwarts, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, the People Mover, Spaceship Earth. Look way back at Disney's thoughts and ideas from the late 20's through to the 1964 World's fair and you'll see that many of his ideas were not movie based. That's what Disney needs now, themes and rides detached from promotional immersive commercials.

Edward Jackson

Roger Rabbit, while somewhat groundbreaking cinematography, ran it's course rather quickly. In many respects Roger Rabbit was much like Bugs Bunny, kids cartoons with mostly adult overtones. RR was a one-movie franchise that saw it's day. Unfortunately, time and movies march on and people want more up-to-date experiences. We love the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the movie but that movie is rarely shown anymore and it is getting old, just look at "Tommy" Kirk. "Hey look, a man getting squished!"
Most people don't really associate with it as much as they used to, especially kids. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin is fine and is simply a re-themed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Awesome.
The Avatar part of the Animal Kingdom was built late in the franchise and I see that fading as you read right now.
Another "ride" that was a one shot deal was at Universal, "Twister". Universal was smart and saw the short life of this franchise and it was removed after a few years. Backdraft at Universal Caleeforneeya too.
I've never been a Roger Rabbit fan and that may hold true with many people. Truth is, the Disney classic animations and more recent movies are the target audience. Themed rides and areas outside of movies seem to be the stalwarts, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, the People Mover, Spaceship Earth. Look way back at Disney's thoughts and ideas from the late 20's through to the 1964 World's fair and you'll see that many of his ideas were not movie based. That's what Disney needs now, themes and rides detached from promotional immersive commercials.
Sorry I have to disagree on some points. Splash Mountain is based on a movie. Peter Pan has one of the longest wait times in all the parks based again on a movie, this one from 1953. Just because the movie wasn't released even in this century, doesn't make it ineligible for a ride or section of a land. Also to say Avatar is a fading franchise, when it has releases coming up and again a ride that could have you in a line that stretches to Africa, is wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom