Roger Rabbit's Hollywood (revival project)

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey guys, here is my revival project, Roger Rabbit's Hollywood at Disney's Hollywood Studios (former Disney-MGM Studios) which it got scrapped plans because Steven Spielberg owns Roger Rabbit franchise and Euro Disneyland in early 1990s. It will have a mini land put where Rock N' Roller Coaster is. It will have Roger Rabbit rides, shows, restaurants and shops.
There will be no meet & greet or walkaround for non-Disney characters like Warner Bros, MGM, Universal, Felix the Cat Productions, Paramount, Terrytoons, etc... but they will be in some rides and stuff like Toontown Tower Hotel, Benny the Cab and Toontown Transit, the Ink and Paint Club, ACME Gag Factory, etc...

Attractions:
Toon Coaster (a roller coaster based RollerCoaster Rabbit 1990 short)
Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride (a dark ride based on Tummy Trouble 1989 short)
Toontown Transit (simulator similar to Star Tours and StormRider)
Benny the Cab (a spinning dark ride similar to Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, but ride takes place between Hollywood and Toontown instead just take place in Toontown)
A Trail Mix Up log flume ride (based on Trail Mix Up 1993 short)
Toontown Tower Hotel (a drop tower similar to Tower of Terror)
Maroon Studios Tour (a tour around the studio including movie theater, animation and sets of cartoons)

Restaurants:
The Ink and Paint Club
Terminal Bar & Grill
Maroon Studio Bar
Toon Diner

Shops:
ACME Gag Factory
Eddie Valiant's Office
Jessica Rabbit's Beauty Shop
Toon Depot
Baby Herman's Rattle N' Candy
Roger Rabbit's ACME Popcorn Factory
The Weasels Hideout

Shows:
Roger Rabbit's Toontown Hour
Eddie Valiant themed show
Maroon Cartoon Presents You're A Movie Star!
Judge Doom's Revenge (Halloween themed show)
Roger Rabbit's Very Merry Toony Christmas (Christmas themed show)

Meet & Greets:
Roger Rabbit
Jessica Rabbit
Baby Herman
Toon Patrol
Eddie Valiant
Benny the Cab
Dolores
Judge Doom
Bongo the Gorilla
Toons (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc...)

Sections Areas:
Maroon Studios (Maroon Studios Tour and Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy)
Toontown (Toontown Tower Hotel, Toontown Transit, Toon Coaster and Trail Mix Up log flume)
ACME Warehouse
Sunset Blvd (Terminal Bar & Grill, Benny the Cab and The Ink and Paint Club)

So how you like my idea guys? What is your idea for my revival project, Roger Rabbit's Hollywood mini land?

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think Toontown Transit will be simulator like Star Tours and StormRider, as Gus the Bus will be new character for the storyline, here is concept info I found:
Toontown Transit was an ambitious concept for a simulator with a full wraparound screen to present animation on the sides of the vehicle in addition to a main screen.

As told in a 1991 story treatment[1], the story of the attraction would focus around Gus the Bus, a Toontown city bus that aspired to be an actor.
Driving us through the Toontown Tunnel
on his usual route, he quickly runs into Benny the Cab, who tells them that the studio is holding auditions for
new talent and offers to show him a shortcut. Eager to catch his big break,
Gus follows Benny along the steep and curving mountain road across the toon countryside. Gus ends up falling into the Toon River, sliding
across river rapids before diving underwater and
being briefly swallowed by Monstro. Monstro sneezes us out and sends us back onto the road back behind Benny as if nothing happened.
Entering Toontown and going the wrong way on
a one-way street, we meet Roger, who is dangling upon a firetruck ladder on its way to help Jessica out of a burning fireworks factory.
After crashing on the windshield, Roger asks for our
help to save the day. Climbing the ladder with Roger still aboard the front of the bus, we reach out to get Jessica, but Jessica and
Roger end up being pushed out the window down to the
ground, being caught by the fire fighters. However, a
wayward firework ends up bursting through the bus, sending us into space. After making a crash landing back in Toontown,
Gus happens to find himself at the audition, where the director offers him a movie contract on the spot, making his dream come true.

Though Toontown Transit was never built, the concept of a wraparound screen simulator would later evolve into Tokyo DisneySea's StormRider, with the
fireworks gag being turned into the Fuse device crashing through the ceiling.

As Toon cameos, I expect all Disney characters but there will be non-Disney characters appear in the simulator ride (Warner Bros., MGM, Paramount, Universal, Felix the Cat Productions, Terrytoons, etc...)

ThemeParkPriest

Stanza 2 on our current Sorcerer’s Apprentice 7 competition used a modified Hollywood Studios with a lot of Roger Rabbit attractions. You might like checking that out!

ThemeParkPriest

Where is it? Send me a link
Here is the original project (go to post #6)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom